You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HallaSnackbar

Atlanta or Helena for T-7 ranked sprint

15 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
458 posts
5,670 battles

I am thinking about taking a cruiser to ranked sprint this time around and those are the two T-7 cruisers I have.  Just wondering which of the two people would prefer and why or if they feel either would be viable.  My other two options are my trusty old Colorado or my newish to me Sims.  

[WORX]
Members
5,037 posts
15,593 battles

Depends, Rank/Ranked sprint is more a test on your grinding skills.

That said, pick a ship you would tolerate grinding in and run with it.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,010 posts
10 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I am thinking about taking a cruiser to ranked sprint this time around and those are the two T-7 cruisers I have.  Just wondering which of the two people would prefer and why or if they feel either would be viable.  My other two options are my trusty old Colorado or my newish to me Sims.  

Boise

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
11,251 posts
20,261 battles

I have seen players who are absolute demons in Atlanta; if a player isn’t someone who regularly does well in Atlanta, perhaps even with several hundreds of games in the ship; then I would recommend Helena. More HP, and longer ranged guns.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
458 posts
5,670 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I have seen players who are absolute demons in Atlanta; if a player isn’t someone who regularly does well in Atlanta, perhaps even with several hundreds of games in the ship; then I would recommend Helena. More HP, and longer ranged guns.

I have had very good games in both ships.  I play them both just like my Wooster.  Find a rock to hide behind and lob pain over on enemy ships.

I am curious about the ability to have radar and hydro with the Atlanta since definitely aa will not be needed.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,388 posts
2,982 battles

Helena. It's a bit more well rounded than the Atlanta. More forgiving, but with 15 6" has the same DPM as the ATL.

ATL is an odd ship. A lot of fun for sure. But unless you are really good in it, I'd stay away. And I don't mean you don't get deleted when you play it and occasionally have a good game. I mean it's your go to ship for a victory. Otherwise, you're probably not going to do that well in competitive.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Boise if you have it, a super heal is huge at T7.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,905 battles

Simms...

Has a built in exp modifier which enables you to save a star if your decent in a dd.

Otherwise Atlanta if their  are lots of destroyers. 

Helena takes another of island hugging skill and a 14 point captain. 

Personally going to play Shornhurst,  Belfast and any premium destroyer. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

I'd rather have a Helena on my team than an Atlanta.

[TF_34]
Members
53 posts
5,855 battles

I’m going to start with the Atlanta with a 19pt Halsey commanding. A sky full of red shell arcs is so much fun. Ideally I’ll pair up with a smoke laying DD (or a Fiji) and dominate the objectives and shred other DDs.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles

Atlanta did alright the last Tier VII Ranked Season, but the last VII Ranked was 2 years ago.

Atlanta will still be fine.  Helena I expect to be a monster, but I think savvy Atlanta players can impact the win more due to Radar.  Expect Tier VII Ranked to feature smoke.  Lots and lots of smoke.  When last VII Ranked happened, that's all people talked about.

SMOKE.

Torpedoes and Radar and Carriers broke the smoke, now there are no Tier VII Carriers to drop torps into smoke patterns anymore in Tier VII.  Shiratsuyu used to be THE hard counter for all the smoke campers, but she got nerfed badly after that Ranked Season.  Shiratsuyu used to have Torp Reload Booster + Smoke access at the same time, WG took that away from her.  Atlanta's Radar I think will have a bigger win impact, but Helena will get her performance with damage farming.

For the sake of fun, the old Tier VII Ranked Stats from March 2017 as it was getting ready to end.

Spoiler

DAzDYie.jpg

The game had changed a lot since that time.

Hope y'all like seeing Belfast.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[NSC]
Members
123 posts

I like both ships (Atlanta and Helena), but I prefer (IMO), Helena, its arc is not as high and more direct punch!