Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
game_needs_subs

New AL collab

33 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,840 posts
9,995 battles

Needs more Sandy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles
50 minutes ago, game_needs_subs said:

Found this post on reddit

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/c2llxt/leaked_possible_new_al_collab_and_premium_ship/?

Super hyped for the starters. Oaths seem expensive :( I wonder if they do anything else. Also 1915 Arizona? Possible tier 3?

Does anyone have a source for this? Seems pretty suspicious. :cap_hmm::cap_hmm::cap_hmm:

A Z23 captain and premium ships/captains for Laffey, Javelin, and Ayanami I can see happening. Z23 is already in the game and the other 3 would be clones or near clones of Benson, Jervis, and Fubuki/Shinonome.

But Arizona would be a complete WTH choice since she isn't a popular AL character.

And spending steel to unlock camos doesn't sound like something WG would do, because it runs counter to what their modus operandi on this collaboration has been: to milk the weebs for all the cash they are worth.

• Cool 1

[SUCIT]
Members
348 posts
13,952 battles
50 minutes ago, game_needs_subs said:

1915 Arizona? Possible tier 3?

if that is the same Pennsylvania class Battleship Arizona that is in game right now, a T6 Premium as she appeared in 1941, no way an as commissioned Arizona is T3. 12 14in guns at T3, no. gotta wonder if this is T5 (if this whole thing even is true.) Below should be what Arizona looked like around 1915.

Arizona_(BB39)_Port_Bow,_Underway_-_NARA_-_5900075_-_1930.jpg

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,398 posts
7,872 battles
53 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

Needs more Sandy.

Sandy better be a commander in collab 3 or i'll riot.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,787 battles

oath camo :^)

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles
4 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

oath camo :^)

I'd read that with a massive dose of salt. Firstly the original post on reddit provides no sources. Secondly trading steel for camo also does not match how the first wave of AL camos were distributed, i.e. Wargaming wants cold hard cash.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,787 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I'd read that with a massive dose of salt. Firstly the original post on reddit provides no sources. Secondly trading steel for camo also does not match how the first wave of AL camos were distributed, i.e. Wargaming wants cold hard cash.

Of course but oath camo is still pretty funny.

I'm more interested in Ayanami captain rather than that uwu .Well we'll see anyway.

Members
3,637 posts
3,938 battles

Steel for camo would be dumb considering they're also pumping out steel ships, and its harder to get. Oaths in WOWS also sounds weird. This version could also become a mobile/console version of the collab too. So, unfortunate to PC players if that's the case.

Edited by Yoshiblue
  • Cool 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
973 posts
4,311 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

But Arizona would be a complete WTH choice since she isn't a popular AL character.

Montepelier is even less popular.

Would buy a Laffey captain/ship in a heart beat though. Best starter shipfu...

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles

Perfectly normal. :Smile_unsure:

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
1,840 posts
9,995 battles
Just now, Yoshiblue said:

Aren't they popular in fleet comps though?

the site I look at to get the art has a total of 16 pics of Arizona.

[CAFE]
Members
1,726 posts
12,446 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Does anyone have a source for this? Seems pretty suspicious. :cap_hmm::cap_hmm::cap_hmm:

A Z23 captain and premium ships/captains for Laffey, Javelin, and Ayanami I can see happening. Z23 is already in the game and the other 3 would be clones or near clones of Benson, Jervis, and Fubuki/Shinonome.

And spending steel to unlock camos doesn't sound like something WG would do, because it runs counter to what their modus operandi on this collaboration has been: to milk the weebs for all the cash they are worth.

These leaks often come out as half truths because things are lost in translation (Asia to English).

I think the content leak is legit but the pricing will probably be USD or dubs.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts

First post from a player with 42 games....un-verified source....sounds suspicious.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,988 battles

Given Wargaming's terrible track-record with the AL Collaboration to date compared to past Collaborations and the WoWs Blitz version, I highly doubt the accuracy of this supposed leak at all. This leak would imply that WG is actually making camouflage worth Doubloons/Coal/Steel in the first place, which is highly unlikely since all WG has cared about lately is more T9/T10 Premiums, and the lack of effort put into AL's Permacamo compared to the HSF Permacamo.

I'm still waiting for them to actually upgrade the current AL camouflage for existing owners of Montpelier/Yukikaze and the previous MS Paint-level AL Camouflages with proper ones based off the Blitz designs for free as minor compensation, then sell the rest at a Premium.

• Confused 1

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,398 posts
7,872 battles

Arizona makes sense actually as WG/AL collabs deals a lot in terms of premium ships and Ari is a premium. She was my first lvl 100 BB due to her heal so im kinda glad she might be getting some love. Also Z23 is best starter.

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
1,840 posts
9,995 battles

I just think we have to wait for anime expo to happen maybe for info on this and thats only a few weeks away, the AL devs are doing a panel on Friday 7/5 we also might see more of the upcoming anime.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
973 posts
4,311 battles
11 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

Also Z23 is best starter.

I guess we can never really be friends. :crab:

2 hours ago, Shigure_DD said:

the site I look at to get the art has a total of 16 pics of Arizona.

Mean while Sirius in a bikini already has 100+ pics probably... :cap_haloween:

Members
2,179 posts
78 battles

Adding the 4 starters as captains would be great, Arizona is kind of questionable (especially if it means an AL Arizona premium), and the "oath camos" using steel or molybdenum is just ridiculous.
Overall that post lacks credibility to be taken seriously for now.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,136 posts
4,927 battles

This smells like a fake news to me. There is no way that WG will sell the collab camo for steel. The very reason that anyone would even do a collab is to get some infusion of cash. Selling them for steel runs counter to that, if you ask me.

On a side note...

40 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

Also Z23 is best starter.

Aye! :Smile_great::Smile_teethhappy:

• Confused 1

[TRGT]
Members
12 posts
939 battles

I'm alright with this, but the thing is, stuff better not be over priced for a RNG based crate.

Sign in to follow this