You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

WG, it's been 2 years. Time to reset operation rewards

34 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
1,172 posts

This month is a very special month. Want to tell me why?

Spoiler

It's the two year anniversary of operations! That's right, the first four operations were officially introduced just over 2 years ago.

image.png.0cefdee183ac154c3e28690c0cad8b53.png

Many players have achieved 5 stars in all operations (both currently available and legacy). It is time to re-introduce an incentive for players to re-explore and re-discover the great world of operations. What better time to do that than 2 years after their launch? The rewards for getting 5 stars a second time don't have to be as good as for the first time. They just have to be there. What those rewards are are for you to decide, WG. In the end, however, any decision to "reset" stars won't disappoint and will be widely celebrated by the playerbase as an example of WG's generosity. In other words, much desired (and needed!) good publicity and sentiment in the aftermath of CVs and GC.

Good luck and fair seas! :cap_rambo::fish_viking: Happy hunting!

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 9

[NDA]
Supertester
3,402 posts
6,633 battles

...I forgot about the operations honestly. :cap_wander:

[NSC]
Members
1,172 posts
Just now, Sinboto said:

...I forgot about the operations honestly. :cap_wander:

As a long time player, this demonstrates the value of the community's proposal.

[TBW]
Members
7,996 posts
14,627 battles

The mass amount of Credits, commander, Elite and Free XP isn't enough?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,691 posts
3,895 battles

5 star reward should just be a random container with some credits and an item from past Collections.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[NSC]
Members
1,172 posts
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

The mass amount of Credits, commander, Elite and Free XP isn't enough?

For me and you, yes. But for the majority of the community, re-juvenating operations is a great idea.

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
7,996 posts
14,627 battles
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

For me and you, yes. But for the majority of the community, re-juvenating operations is a great idea.

I'm all for it. Personally, I thought that they were trying to populate scenarios and Co op with the CV rework.

• Funny 1

[NSC]
Members
1,172 posts
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

5 star reward should just be a random container with some credits and an item from past Collections.

This is totally fine. If it's something (anything), the WoWS community will experience operations again (a plus).

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

Some operations are fun, some are terrible.   The fact only 1 is playable at anytime sorta ruins the concept.   Every Operation should be available to play at all times.

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
7,996 posts
14,627 battles
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

Every Operation should be available to play at all times.

They are, you just have to have a team of at least 4.

[NSC]
Members
1,172 posts
5 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Some operations are fun, some are terrible.   The fact only 1 is playable at anytime sorta ruins the concept.   Every Operation should be available to play at all times.

What do you think about the proposal? Would it make you more likely to try out operations?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts

Good luck OP... I've been asking every so many months during the time that has passed. No dice. Can't say I wouldn't be pleased... but then you don't really play OPS for the rewards directly... you play it because of no TK and easy coins. 

Members
84 posts
3,663 battles

I like the idea.  Alternatively (or also) reward flags could be added for the Operation achievements (e.g. Sea Star, Natural Selection, Assistant, Tactical Expertise, etc.)  Also, if we ever get another campaign, it could include tasks for Operations-related goals like completions of ops and objectives, destructions of key ships, allied ships protected, etc.

Edit: I think the even better solution would be to make the Operations more fun so more people would want to play them.

Edited by ScottMeisterheim

[NSC]
Members
1,172 posts
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Good luck OP... I've been asking every so many months during the time that has passed. No dice. Can't say I wouldn't be pleased... but then you don't really play OPS for the rewards directly... you play it because of no TK and easy coins. 

Yes, I know the community has repeatedly asked. Given it's been 2 years, it's time to do something. This proposal isn't because players play Ops for the star rewards. It's because players should go back to Ops and see how they like it with a new perspective after (possibly) playing their last Defense of Naval Station Newport 2 years ago.

[NSC]
Members
1,172 posts
3 minutes ago, ScottMeisterheim said:

I like the idea.  Alternatively (or also) reward flags could be added for the Operation achievements (e.g. Sea Star, Natural Selection, Assistant, Tactical Expertise, etc.)  Also, if we ever get another campaign, it could include tasks for Operations-related goals like completions of ops and objectives, destructions of key ships, allied ships protected, etc.

Great idea! Goes above and beyond the proposal to reset stars. Definitely support the addition of operation-related tasks for campaigns.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,295 posts
11,826 battles

They don't need to be reset but rewards for later play through need to be addressed.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,100 posts
16,200 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

They don't need to be reset but rewards for later play through need to be addressed.

This would be nice. Have some small reward you can earn say once a week. 

• Cool 1

[UMP]
Members
251 posts
4,300 battles

Operations are so...meh.

Only 1 tier running at a time, instead of same operation with other tiers, once you run them and get 5 stars, never a point to play again.

5 star reward is 24 hours premium? Yawn. I have almost 2 years of premium time left and even if I didn't, 24 hours is negligible.

Rarely are they even fun.....a rework with more interesting incentives would be great!

Members
499 posts
3,806 battles
5 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

This please. I’m a sucker for crates even if full of air and dust. :cap_book:

[LEGIT]
Members
1,858 posts
26,302 battles

Absolutely.  I've rarely played them since the 5 star rewards at the beginning.  Just not enough variation to hold my interest.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,133 posts
21,282 battles

The developers put loads of work into Operations, it would be nice if they breathed a bit of fresh air into them to make them appealing to players who already earned 5 stars. Resetting the rewards is a good but temporary solution. I think they should change up the rewards a bit so after a 5 star win, you get random crates or something, to keep players interested in playing the mode on a long term basis. Nothing like the initial rewards of course but good enough to get the attention of the player base. They could keep the rewards as they are for whatever operations are not featured in a week but make the "Operation of the Week" pay out something like crates/coal as a reward. 

Operations are a good idea and one that should appeal to Clans and players who like to division up. It is a non competitive mode that every clan can participate in as a group and helps foster a bit of  team work. They really need to revamp the mode rewards and get groups playing it again. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[NSC]
Members
1,172 posts
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

The developers put loads of work into Operations, it would be nice if they breathed a bit of fresh air into them to make them appealing to players who already earned 5 stars. Resetting the rewards is a good but temporary solution. I think they should change up the rewards a bit so after a 5 star win, you get random crates or something, to keep players interested in playing the mode on a long term basis. Nothing like the initial rewards of course but good enough to get the attention of the player base. They could keep the rewards as they are for whatever operations are not featured in a week but make the "Operation of the Week" pay out something like crates/coal as a reward. 

I completely agree with your thoughts. Would you still support this idea (of crates/coal as a reward) if XP and credit earnings were nerfed to make it happen?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,133 posts
21,282 battles
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I completely agree with your thoughts. Would you still support this idea (of crates/coal as a reward) if XP and credit earnings were nerfed to make it happen?

Well as a player, I am never in favor of nerfing payouts.... I may be slow but I am not stupid.. Honestly you only get BIG payouts when you use full signals and your best camo so I would say there really is no need to nerf them since it drains these resources from the game and may help drive purchases of them..