Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dingodude

Dev Strike Flags

11 comments in this topic

[_AAM_]
Alpha Tester
473 posts
7,326 battles

I figure this has been brought up before, but I feel it need aught again.

Dev Strike is the only award where the playerbase doesn't receive any compensation for having done so. So, I went into the International Flag Hoist comms pub, and came up with one.

GOLF MIKE - (meaning) I cannot save my vessel / ship.

Sounds like a perfect explanation of having one's command blown out from under them.   :P

Comp could be simple; +20% credits, +20% Commander XP, or something similar.

Thoughts?

[NGA]
Members
1,855 posts
9,686 battles
13 minutes ago, User_the_n00b said:

Personally, I'd hoist Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. 

Sounds more appropriate for the victim of a Devastating Strike instead of its perpetrator.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

Every achievement should give the player 500 Juliet Charlie flags in addition to whatever they already give.

Why?  Because Detonations suck and nobody likes them.

• Boring 1

Members
276 posts
4 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Sounds more appropriate for the victim of a Devastating Strike instead of its perpetrator.

True. Maybe Lima Oscar Lima?

[WOLF5]
Members
2,386 posts
2,982 battles
11 minutes ago, User_the_n00b said:

True. Maybe Lima Oscar Lima?

Romeo India Papa is my vote.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,252 posts
8,810 battles

For the person who received a dev strike?  Meh, that would basically be the only flag a person could farm.  Losing the battle?  Sail straight up to a cruiser and broadside and get your flags.

Now if you want to give the person who earned the dev strike a flag, I can think of nothing better than to quote Col. Hannibal Smith.  Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot.  In other words, Adios...blank blank ;)  Course, they were Army Rangers and not Navy, but still works.  

Warning: Language

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[SALVO]
Members
21,707 posts
22,016 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Sounds most appropriate for the recipient of a detonation.

[SALVO]
Members
21,707 posts
22,016 battles
2 hours ago, dingodude said:

I figure this has been brought up before, but I feel it need aught again.

Dev Strike is the only award where the playerbase doesn't receive any compensation for having done so. So, I went into the International Flag Hoist comms pub, and came up with one.

GOLF MIKE - (meaning) I cannot save my vessel / ship.

Sounds like a perfect explanation of having one's command blown out from under them.   :P

Comp could be simple; +20% credits, +20% Commander XP, or something similar.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I think that having a signal flag for delivering a dev strike is a good idea.  Hell, probably more so than for getting for first kill or getting a kill after you've died.  A dev strike (non-detonation version) requires a little bit of skill at aiming to get enough shells on target to do that much damage.  But it should NOT be for being dev struck.  It should be for the player who did the damage, not the one who received the damage.

[_AAM_]
Alpha Tester
473 posts
7,326 battles
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, I think that having a signal flag for delivering a dev strike is a good idea.  Hell, probably more so than for getting for first kill or getting a kill after you've died.  A dev strike (non-detonation version) requires a little bit of skill at aiming to get enough shells on target to do that much damage.  But it should NOT be for being dev struck.  It should be for the player who did the damage, not the one who received the damage.

It would be for the player that got the Dev Strike, not the victim of it.

Sign in to follow this