Curly__san

Fix the @%*&%#$&((^%$-ing short range lock on bug FFS.

12 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
885 posts
7,008 battles

Go ahead and give a me a forum ban. This business of the short range lock on bug dumping all of your shot egregiously short of the target is bull hunk.

This is another thing that just irritates the heck out of people and make me, personally not want to spend another dime on this game.

Figure that out, please.

• Confused 3
  • Boring 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,056 posts
17,200 battles

Have you just finished reading How to win friends and influence people ?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles

It may be that having played since alpha that I subconsciously adjust but what short range lock on bug?

[A-D-F]
Members
885 posts
7,008 battles
2 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Have you just finished reading How to win friends and influence people ?

Polite reasoned erudite arguments don't seem to get any traction with Wee Gee.

• Funny 1

Members
1,970 posts
12,245 battles

I'm really enjoying your post but can you provide more detail as to what this short range lock that you are referring to? 

[A-D-F]
Members
885 posts
7,008 battles

short range, 3-7km with any main batter, you have target lock, you aim just a hair above the waterline on a broadside shot (accounting for angle off of 90 degrees, i.e. if it's not a "perfect broadside") pull the trigger and watch all of your shots fall ridiculously short of the target. Not a few, not some long, some short, some wide, but all shots in a volley clumping up nicely in the water short enough to not register as hits of any kind.

Members
1,970 posts
12,245 battles
7 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

short range, 3-7km with any main batter, you have target lock, you aim just a hair above the waterline on a broadside shot (accounting for angle off of 90 degrees, i.e. if it's not a "perfect broadside") pull the trigger and watch all of your shots fall ridiculously short of the target. Not a few, not some long, some short, some wide, but all shots in a volley clumping up nicely in the water short enough to not register as hits of any kind.

That's only happened to me on Co-op. I play less than 1% Co-op. Are you in Random battles?

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,056 posts
17,200 battles

Sounds like desync to me or fps drop. Not a bug in game. A problem on your end or anywhere between your equipment and the server.

[A-D-F]
Members
885 posts
7,008 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

This is a known game issue/bug. It is not a Co-op thing.

It's a tad aggravating at times. Just a tad mind you.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,565 posts
6,043 battles
1 hour ago, Curly__san said:

I've seen this!!!  :cap_wander:

I just thought I was a crappy shot!  Well, I AM a crappy shot, but it's nice to know that it's not ALL my fault.  :Smile_trollface:

What's the workaround?  Aim higher?  

Please advise.

Volunteer Moderators
16 posts
10 battles
2 hours ago, Curly__san said:

the short range lock on bug dumping all of your shot egregiously short of the target

Hi Curly_san,

The time taken for the gun turret/s to calibrate from vertically (long range to short range) + your cross hair selection could give you the fail aiming as you described (without go into further game mechanic explanation, lengthy and indepth).

The best way to test this out is you need to wait for you recticle stop shaking (usually take about 7 sec) or wait a bit longer (aiming stabilized) and then shoot.

Also, since the tittle of this post is violating the forum, and you are not responding to my request (PM sent) to edit it. I am going ahead and locked.

regards,

• Confused 1