You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

can't play consistently because of disconnects

20 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,493 posts
10,572 battles

Iv'e never had this much trouble with disconnects the entire time I have been on this game. I am stopping Ranked and probably Random because of this.  I hate this because I was pushed back into 9 and can't reliably play because of disconnects the last two weeks. This is not fair to my team mates and its not fair to myself.  I hope the next update fixes this:Smile-angry:

• Confused 3

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles

It won't because it is not a problem with the game.  The problem is either your pc or your ISP.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
365 posts
6 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

It won't because it is not a problem with the game.  The problem is either your pc or your ISP.

You can never say that is not a problem with the game.  It could be his computer, his ISP or the game servers.  I've had more than my share lately, so my guess is it is their servers.

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

You can never say that is not a problem with the game.  It could be his computer, his ISP or the game servers.  I've had more than my share lately, so my guess is it is their servers.

If it was the game servers the forums would be flooded with complaints.  Anyone who has paid attention when there were actual server problems knows that the forums light up like a Christmas tree within a minute.

No forum reaction, no server problem.   His pc or ISP.  My money is on the ISP.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
365 posts

A server issue doesn't always mean that it affects everybody, or that it is even widely spread.  It could be specific areas or game modes, depending on how things are configured.  I don't really know. I just know my microwave isn't running which believe it or not, is my biggest issue with disconnects.

[SS238]
Members
245 posts
28,321 battles

I solved my issues by replacing my old C drive with a solid state drive. You can use task manager to check and see if your drive is acting as a bottleneck.

[GT99]
Members
614 posts
8,683 battles

It's more than likely on your end. Power cycle everything. If you are using a router between the PC and modem, connect directly to the modem to see if it goes away. Ensure NIC had updated drivers. Have the ISP come out and check connection. The problem more than likely is your ISP.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,790 posts
8,655 battles

What are you using for a computer?  Each WOWS upgrade adds more bloat to the game.  A computer that ran ok before will sometimes start to experience the odd crash or disconnect.  I ran into the same issue a while back where my perfectly good computer that ran WOWS without issue suddenly started random crashes after an update.  Hardly anyone else was having the issue.  I kept my HDD and the windows install (i just didn't want to reinstall everything all over again), and upgraded my mainboard,  CPU,  and video.  All my crashes and disconnects went away.  Sometimes its that simple.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I've been having a flawless connection and I've been playing tons the last few weeks.

Meanwhile my friend in Kentucky always drops, or if he doesn't loads late a.f.

Then there's our buddy who plays WoWS NA Server all the way from Communist Vietnam and has a super fast, perfect connection despite playing NA server all the way from out there in Southeast Asia.

The United States has a lot of sh*tty networks.  Yay for Capitalism!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles
1 hour ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

The next update is not going to fix your internet/computer problems

Not unless the problem started right after the last update anyway.....:Smile_trollface:

Members
358 posts
3,738 battles

I have been having frequent crashes since 0.8.4 maybe once every 10 games or so. Prior to 0.8.4 I don't think I ever crashed once. Haven't changed anything on my end. 

[WOLF3]
Members
1,568 posts
6,045 battles
3 minutes ago, exray0 said:

I have been having frequent crashes since 0.8.4 maybe once every 10 games or so. Prior to 0.8.4 I don't think I ever crashed once. Haven't changed anything on my end. 

This.  I wouldn't characterize my crashes as "frequent", but there has been a noticeable rise of WG side crashes for me since 0.8.4 as well.  Critical errors, game freezes and port lag are all on the rise.

My division mate's problems are more frequent and more severe.  We have comparable PCs but different ISP.  He is probably looking at a two sided issue, both his ISP and WG.  A real bummer there.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,815 posts
12,548 battles
5 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Iv'e never had this much trouble with disconnects the entire time I have been on this game. I am stopping Ranked and probably Random because of this.  I hate this because I was pushed back into 9 and can't reliably play because of disconnects the last two weeks. This is not fair to my team mates and its not fair to myself.  I hope the next update fixes this:Smile-angry:

Do not wait on the game. I would investigate this issue from your end.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,493 posts
10,572 battles

I am not a expert on internet networking and connections. As far as I can tell my internet isn't dropping out unless it is like a millisecond. Usually if mine goes out my browser will disconnect but I haven't noticed it doing that.

[IXM]
Members
247 posts
4,036 battles

I can count on one hand how many times I have been disconnected from the game server in the last 3+ years I have been playing.  I play on wifi as well.  Check your equipment, check your ISP.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,493 posts
10,572 battles

*Update* finally had enough and called my ISP. They are showing high ping output / timed out and nobody was at home so, techs are on the way tomorrow 

Members
194 posts
7,915 battles

I had a problem with frequent random disconnects, whether in port of in battle.  My solution was to only play via wireless.  Never had a disconnect since.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,493 posts
10,572 battles

*UPDATE* First like to thank everyone who  offered advice and help. I got to talk to my ISP and the tech admitted to me that it is on my ISP's end. Other gamers who are with my ISP have complained and they are aware. Probably won't be fixed till next week so... this weekend is going to be a bummer if it  persists. He didn't get to technical but told me they have been working on it, that it should be better but probably won't be fixed till next week. Soooooooo now I know.