You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spud_butt

Starting CVs !!!!

19 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,831 posts
6,013 battles

As the title states, I am starting to play CVs now, so I can suck in them too.  Just thought you would want to know.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
287 posts
12,319 battles

Keep us posted on how it goes.   My short venture into CVs was nothing but potato droppings.  :Smile_Default:

[187]
Members
1,609 posts
8,870 battles
6 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

As the title states, I am starting to play CVs now, so I can suck in them too.  Just thought you would want to know.

Dood!...thank you so much! :)

Enjoy them and take a lot of time to even get the basics down but glad to see you are trying them....they are cool to play!

[REVY]
Members
1,526 posts
9,615 battles
7 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

Welcome to the Air Club.

Get your blacklist ready to go, you will need it.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
989 posts

Was starting to enjoy CV's - almost made it to the Midway...then the CV rework.  I have no CV's in my port anymore.

Best of luck to you anyways.

[WOLF2]
Members
562 posts
14,026 battles

I got to about 20k xp on all 3 tier 4s and gave up.  Absolutely no fun to be had with them for me.

[SOV]
Members
2,921 posts
14 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

You doing US?

T4 is a grind! Ranger is the best ship in the game. T8 are all great. T10 meehhhh for mw but who knows.

Hea when can we start calling you names :cap_haloween:

Kidding of course, there is to much of that now.

[SOV]
Members
2,921 posts
8 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Welcome to the Air Club.

Get your blacklist ready to go, you will need it.

:cap_viking: so true.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

You won't have any fun until T6, so if you can FXP past T4, you really should, its awful down there

Also, don't bother with the Midway, its been over-nerfed and is in a really terrible place.   Lexington is pretty good still though.

Edited by Zenn3k

[YGGD]
Beta Testers
2,665 posts
22,135 battles

quite playing all CVs a couple months back due to all these changes every month for adjustments  

[WOLF2]
Members
562 posts
14,026 battles
18 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

You won't have any fun until T6, so if you can FXP past T4, you really should, its awful down there

I’m actually waiting for when (or if) they finally get done tinkering with CVs and then I might give it another go.  And I’ve already decided that when that day comes, I will free xp into one of the tier 6s and start there.  Probably the Ranger because ‘Murica.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,882 posts
5,497 battles

I've been  "attempting" them.  If what you could call me doing "attempting" to play them is up for debate though.  Graf Zeppelin is too much fun though.

[SOV]
Members
2,921 posts
32 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

quite playing all CVs a couple months back due to all these changes every month for adjustments  

Every month new nerfs its past the point of getting old.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,268 posts
6,909 battles
1 hour ago, Spud_butt said:

Flying potatoes are the best potatoes.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
39 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Also, don't bother with the Midway, its been over-nerfed and is in a really terrible place.   Lexington is pretty good still though.

Back in the dying days of RTS, when they were considering not giving T4 carriers torpedo bombers at all, I made a big effort to get to the Independence before she became the Ranger. I'm pretty sure some FXP was involved, though not all of it.

I only barely got the Hosho in port before the rework dropped, working from the Myogi that I was grinding anyway, which saved me having to buy back the Isokaze and grind out another 11K on it afterwards (I liked that ship, but my 10 point captain had moved on). I ground through that one a few thousand XP at a time, and it was a roller coaster.

I'm sort of glad I got the Furious in the British carriers event. I don't HATE the Hermes, but having to grind out another 68K XP in a T4 ship wasn't something I wanted on my plate right now. I have the Implacable permacamo from the collection so I'll go up to T8 in that one, but I'm probably going to give the others a miss unless Halloween is good to me.

[HEROS]
Members
1,831 posts
6,013 battles
6 hours ago, Carrier_Furious said:

Welcome to hell.

thank you for the mostly entertaining comments and suggestions. 

been watching every video out since the last couple ner, uh, mean adjustments, and set up some training rooms. think i'm almost ready for coop.

had ryujo before the rework, may get the Langley again for the US line.

I keep telling myself I can't be any worse at CVs than I am at anything else... in the training room, it appears I can be.