You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

Sold my Montana?!

62 comments in this topic

[KW]
Members
600 posts

The way they have it designed mods and all Its garbage just like I thought it was buyer beware!

No need to go past NC

Dont start on me cause I use a different ship now in ranked and do way better.

Mmhmm what you think about it.

and Look here

I could not get past rank 12 with the ship so I switched ships and got to rank 8

Sinking a many unicoms along the way that left me nice salty messages afterwards

So I dont give a dern what yall say. The proof is what I experienced in ranked. That is the decider not randoms or lol in co-op.

The ship just ain't good enough for this level of competition. I am on the way to top 5 and the Monty cant take that journey.

Pow pow 

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 11
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 3

[187]
Members
1,609 posts
8,824 battles

Big mistake....go look as to why it is the most used BB in clan battles...because it is a beast in the right hands.

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
949 posts
7,741 battles

I have stop selling ships, WHICH IS A PAIN, because now i am buy every ship the silver grinding is driving me batty !

Make it 2x as hard is I do not have premium time so is super pain in the rear end.

Edited by LadyAnesjka

Members
3,648 posts
6,869 battles

Why did you sell your Montana...
If you didn't like Montana it's probably because you haven't learned how to use it properly, instead of the ship's fault. The go to jack of all trades at tier X is a worthy vessel for any captain that have mastered angling, positioning and gunnery with slow, but devastating salvos. 
On the plus side, if you couldn't make Montana work, you probably do need more time in Tier VIII with the North Carolina. Hopefully over time, you will change your mind.

Good luck and fair seas :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,895 battles

One of the best battleship in the game and you call it garbage?

Without any details provided as to why you believe it is, it is hard to not think of this as a troll attempt.

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,831 posts
6,013 battles
10 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

you started a thread, wrote mean things about the montana, tell us not to start on you, then sort of ask what we think about it.

OK!! I don't believe I started on you as much as responded to your post. so we're ok there.

what exactly are you asking what we think about? the montana? like it. hits hard, decent AA, easy on the eyes. am I happy for you in ranked with another ship? yes, delighted. yay, etc.

have fun, write again some time!!

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Looking at the internal stats, the Montana doesn't seem to be underperforming at all. It's a good all around ship that can deliver devastating broadside with decent angles on the rear turrets.  I personally find it a lot of fun to play, but what about the ship isn't working for you?

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,959 battles

It’s wrecked my GF quite a few times in ranked I don’t own it but I respect it !!! 

[TBW]
Members
8,007 posts
14,639 battles
44 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

I have stop selling ships, WHICH IS A PAIN, because now i am buy every ship the silver grinding is driving me batty !

Make it 2x as hard is I do not have premium time so is super pain in the rear end.

Narai is here this week to farm credits at least, I quit selling them early on but had to buy back 15 or 20 of them and it is a pain to get the credits to own all of the ships. 275 in port and counting.

[SKDSH]
Members
214 posts
7,410 battles

You're freakin weird dude. I adore my Montana, she's unarguably my favorite t10 and one of my favorite BBs in the game " I can see Slava tying for that spot possibly." I didn't play her that much way back before she got the much needed buffs that were causing her to get crunched by the Yamato all the time. After those buffs however, I began player her again and realized how much better she actually is than Yamato. She is very versatile, and there really isn't any one thing that's she's bad at. She's either great or at least average at just about everything and she's a good platform for competitive modes. I always use her for clan battles. She also has one of the highest potential alpha strikes in the game! Even higher than Yamato with her bigger guns!

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,490 posts
10,561 battles
56 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Well..

57 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

um..but you said don't start on you

• Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
2,551 posts
1 hour ago, nastydamnanimal said:

The way they have it designed mods and all Its garbage just like I thought it was buyer beware!

No need to go past NC

It’s a gimmick free, well balanced , flexible, adaptable, hard hitting, agile and forgiving BB. It’s arguably the best overall BB in the game.

I hope you are trolling.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
517 posts

Dont have her but I respect the Monty. I have found I can cit her in my GK and FDG. You just have to know how to do it. Then again, the power is there to respond to that cit. So player beware.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,375 posts
8,996 battles

So, you're saying that you can't use the most balanced T10 BB? The easiest one to play, as well, I might add. Monty is the go to ship for CBs, Ranked at T10, and there's a reason for that, it's the best T10 BB. Period.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,630 posts
2 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

No need to go past NC

Montana is a solid ship.

Honestly, I prefer Iowa though (even to Missouri).  The recent USN BB buffs have made that ship into a beast when configured for a survivability build.  Fast enough to flank and escape.  It's awesome!

Dart in.  Hammer people from medium range.  Retreat.  Heal.  Rinse.  Repeat.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,140 posts
9,473 battles

12 16 inch Freedom dispensers and AA that'll make a CV think twice(at least it used to before the rework) i may not have played my Monty that much, but i can tell you its a good ship all around

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
3 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Do some sync drops with me in ranked and I'll show you why I sold it.

We know why you sold it.  But you seem to think that it's the fault of the ship.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SOFOP]
Members
1,249 posts
8,810 battles

Not every ship is for every person.  People eat ships like candy in Alaska and Moskva...I can't really seem to get them to work for me as anything but long range occasional-firestarters.  I don't do terrible in them but can't do great by any means either, and they seem to have the "always on a bad team" curse, where it seems no matter what you do, it wouldn't matter.

Then I get in Flint, Minotaur, Salem, DM, Wooster, and can do fine.  I'm grinding towards Hindenburg currently (which I did very well in during the space battles)...hopefully it works for me more like the latter and not the former :)

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

We know why you sold it.  But you seem to think that it's the fault of the ship.

ztRE211.gif

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles

Thenk you.  Thenk you.  Please remember to tip your waitress.

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,524 battles
1 hour ago, thebigblue said:

It’s a gimmick free, well balanced , flexible, adaptable, hard hitting, agile and forgiving BB. It’s arguably the best overall BB in the game.

I hope you are trolling.

This 100%

Montana is amazing. 

[SETA]
[SETA]
Members
43 posts
3,333 battles

While I personally feem like the Montana has been neglected in some aspects(I feel like it's aa should be buffed a bit) , it's still an extremely balanced ship that can be deadly in certain situations. I've been rocking it in ranked, for how little I play ranked. 

If it's not working, you probably need more practice

[DAKI]
Privateers, Supertester
864 posts
4,871 battles

Montana is exceptionally good. Easily in the top 3 Battleships, and very strong. If you're struggling with it, you need to look at your playstyle and see what you can do differently.

It needs no buffs, and if anything could do with a nerf (It's citadel being raised again) >_> 

• Angry 2