You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Still Plenty of Love for Warships

35 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,618 posts
5,661 battles

A follow up on previous BB split and Tier Neglect discussions.  Also, good signs from the USS Mass Anchors Away event.

• Cool 6
  • Confused 3
  • Angry 1

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles

It is a pity the CC don't band together and stop all videos on war ships till they have fixed all the current issues at hand

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 4

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles

I honestly still really like this game, but it's day to day how I feel in particular about it.

It's all based on how the other players play. As long as ships are moving around, I'm pretty happy with the match, regardless of results.

I risked playing Amagi this morning, (semi-grinding the last 200k to get to 19 points) got a T10 match, no real surprise there.

What was refreshing, was that, other than a Wooster who stopped behind an island, (and miscalculated, so was promptly deleted) nobody stopped or backed up! (excepting a couple island collisions)

Players were still angling and bow tanking, but kept moving forward while doing so. No aquatic WoT.

It was the most enjoyable high-tier match I've had in some time, because the warships were behaving like warships.

• Cool 1

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

It is a pity the CC don't band together and stop all videos on war ships till they have fixed all the current issues at hand

As soon as everyone agrees on what those issues are, maybe they will lol.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

As soon as everyone agrees on what those issues are, maybe they will lol.

lets start with CV's then they can move onto the next thing.

3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I honestly still really like this game, but it's day to day how I feel in particular about it.

Same here, but finding it harder and harder to long on, and when I do, its rare to play more than a couple of games

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,584 battles

The game does has some issues that need fixing but I still enjoying playing it

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,755 posts
18,180 battles

Fantastic message Zoup.

I too have been discouraged about several of the changes but my underlying love of the history and the overall game keeps me here.  I may have to change what I play, and how I play, but I still keep coming back.  Sometimes being forced to do things differently is a good thing. 

That said, nah, I will leave it that :cap_cool:

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles
25 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

That's just it though. Never mind the fact that you have biased players on both sides of the issue, (who either want CVs to dominate, or be nerfed into the ground/removed) but even the unbiased players have different opinions on what the exact issues are.

Same here, but finding it harder and harder to long on, and when I do, its rare to play more than a couple of games

Maybe that's my secret, I only have time to play a couple games when I play. (I like to 420 after everyone's asleep, and that's my main playtime, but playing WoWS when baked makes me quite starchy, and I don't enjoy playing like that. I play WoWS before work and at lunchtime)

Edited by Skpstr

[ARGSY]
Members
12,968 posts
8,267 battles

As far as lower tiers are concerned:

1) Greatest Battles stage 2, parts 2 and 3 allowed US, UK, French, Commonwealth and Polish cruisers and destroyers respectively down to Tier 4 and EXCLUDED Tier 9 and 10. 

2) Twitch mission for Soviet battleships included Tier 4.

Outside of the paid steel and Ironium campaigns and the early stages of Science of Victory, I haven't seen Tier 4 eligibility since late 2017 (when I used my Danae to help me win the Vampire). For sure this needs to be encouraged and expanded, because these missions had quite significant national restrictions, but I'd like to think (hope?) that the tide is already shifting here. Certainly a points event like Victory offers a reliable means to scale the rewards to the tier all the way down to T1 if necessary, and while it would be a lot of wins and kills to get the same number of token points at T1 as at T5 or above, beginning players could at least feel like the ships in which they were already comfortable could contribute a little something. Even the directive-based events have the Captain, Ship and Free XP tasks against which to balance the ease with which fires, floods, kills and wins can be achieved in low-tier co-op.

The other thing that needs to happen, IMO, is for permacamos to be made universally available at Tier 5. I see no reason why the only T5 tech-tree ship that has one regularly available should be the New York. Why pick that one alone? (And it's not sour grapes - I currently HAVE the ship - but there are a couple of other T5's I'd seriously consider putting one on.)

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
2,440 posts
58 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

A follow up on previous BB split and Tier Neglect discussions.  Also, good signs from the USS Mass Anchors Away event.

OK, watched the "it's OK Piece" and, to be honest, it's not OK anymore.  Kinda getting old stuck in COOP and Scenarios!  In fact, it feels like WoTs part deux...  It's just a matter of time till they roll out the "era of Golden gimmicks"...

The Golden bullet for ships with RLB; Golden torpedo for DD's with TRLB; the Golden 'BB' for AA Ships that is an AA Radar that bumps up their damage; and, all sorts of other consumable gimmicks....

Nice video............I don't feel any better though.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
21,726 posts
22,039 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

You're assuming that all the CCs are of the same opinion on those things, or on what would "fix" those supposed problems.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,726 posts
22,039 battles

Not everyone agrees that CVs are a problem, let alone what should be done to fix any supposed problem.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1

[KILL]
Members
73 posts
7,695 battles

I'd down vote this but the "persons of differing political beliefs from WWII Germany" at WG NA have taken away that option. A bad sign for the health of this game and its community. 

• Cool 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,857 posts
4,072 battles

LOL.... Because MY opinion is the only that matters and of course everyone else agrees with it or doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.......    

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,965 battles
6 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I don't mind CVs and there’s plenty of other people who don’t mind CVs . Besides nobody agrees on what to do with CVs . Half the people cry they are to OP and the other half say there unplayable and can’t do any damage . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[0456]
Members
383 posts
8,331 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

It's all based on how the other players play. As long as ships are moving around, I'm pretty happy with the match, regardless of results.

my stats have slightly increased tnx to the mucho support of late.  it's a 'team' game & the more it's played as such, the better results for all

2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

always this. like with anything else in life

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
985 posts
2 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

Fantastic message Zoup.

I too have been discouraged about several of the changes but my underlying love of the history and the overall game keeps me here.  I may have to change what I play, and how I play, but I still keep coming back.  Sometimes being forced to do things differently is a good thing. 

That said, nah, I will leave it that :cap_cool:

The historical aspect was the reason I started Warships...that and gold ammo in tanks.  

With the intro of paperships, fictional ships, CV "rework" and toxic aspect of the community...the only reason I log in now is the money I have invested.  That is waining real fast however.  

Now, I contemplate stabbing myself in the eye rather than hitting the battle button.

Sad state of a once great game.

• Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[VW]
Members
2,941 posts
15,479 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I pity the fool.

and

I still got love for the streets.

Edited by monpetitloup

Members
1,016 posts
19,150 battles
34 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Now, I contemplate stabbing myself in the eye rather than hitting the battle button.

Yep.

Members
28 posts
545 battles

New player here.  Of course, I understand the frustrations of long term players with the recent changes, but I just thought I'd report some love for the game from a newbie.  Love the videos Zoup.  Very helpful.  Please keep them coming.  

Edited by Sea_Goblin

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,755 posts
18,180 battles
57 minutes ago, jmanII said:

The historical aspect was the reason I started Warships...that and gold ammo in tanks.  

With the intro of paperships, fictional ships, CV "rework" and toxic aspect of the community...the only reason I log in now is the money I have invested.  That is waining real fast however.  

I hear ya frustration there.  At the end of the day though it is a game.  Games aren't a long term investment and money should only be paid you can afford to loose ;-)  If it is torture, time to walk away and take a break.

[RUSH]
Members
7 posts
6,656 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As far as lower tiers are concerned:

1) Greatest Battles stage 2, parts 2 and 3 allowed US, UK, French, Commonwealth and Polish cruisers and destroyers respectively down to Tier 4 and EXCLUDED Tier 9 and 10. 

2) Twitch mission for Soviet battleships included Tier 4.

Outside of the paid steel and Ironium campaigns and the early stages of Science of Victory, I haven't seen Tier 4 eligibility since late 2017 (when I used my Danae to help me win the Vampire). For sure this needs to be encouraged and expanded, because these missions had quite significant national restrictions, but I'd like to think (hope?) that the tide is already shifting here. Certainly a points event like Victory offers a reliable means to scale the rewards to the tier all the way down to T1 if necessary, and while it would be a lot of wins and kills to get the same number of token points at T1 as at T5 or above, beginning players could at least feel like the ships in which they were already comfortable could contribute a little something. Even the directive-based events have the Captain, Ship and Free XP tasks against which to balance the ease with which fires, floods, kills and wins can be achieved in low-tier co-op.

The other thing that needs to happen, IMO, is for permacamos to be made universally available at Tier 5. I see no reason why the only T5 tech-tree ship that has one regularly available should be the New York. Why pick that one alone? (And it's not sour grapes - I currently HAVE the ship - but there are a couple of other T5's I'd seriously consider putting one on.)

Konig and PV

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles
1 hour ago, y_vonne said:

always this. like with anything else in life

So true. Especially my 5-year old daughter lol.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,968 posts
8,267 battles
1 hour ago, jmanII said:

The historical aspect 

With the intro of paperships

There have been paper and keel-to-scrap ships in the game from the very start. Montana, Nicholas, Izumo, Amagi (inasmuch as she never made it into the water even in her converted CV form), Myogi, Ibuki, Zao...

The problem (to the extent that there is one) with the CV rework is that it actually achieved its aim of raising the CV population. 

14 minutes ago, 1incredable said:

Konig and PV

Kongo for me. Almost everything at T5 is an ABQXY with twin turrets between 13 and 14 inch calibre, moving at between 20 and 25 knots. It gets a bit monotonous, quite frankly, even if most of them are quite well balanced against each other for that reason.

Kongo is the standout exception, doing 30 tricked out.

(I haven't played PV enough to see how she fits in yet. )

• Angry 1