Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Why does the Match Maker hate my Fletcher so much?

8 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
577 posts
2,084 battles

I went 10 straight losses in the Fletcher on Sunday, the last 3 or 4 games were so 1 sided and bad it was comical to watch (90% of the team getting completely obliterated in the first 5 minutes on one occasion for zero enemy loss..). Had a break for a day then decided to have another go at winning a game in the Fletcher on Tuesday, again 5 straight losses.. Switch to any other boat and the teams are matched well and the games are close plus we won a few. Today I started with the Baltimore, win, New Mexico, win, Hatsuharu, win. Decided to see if the Fletcher curse has been lifted...lol nope. 3 awful games and 1 OK game that was still a loss.

My WR in this boat has gone from 55% to 45% in 1 week... I really think it has become cursed or its some other mental issue with this boat. I do ok in it usually but the teams i get matched up with seem to range from average to downright stupid. While the enemy team seems Godlike in their accuracy and team work. Even a earlier game watching a enemy Alaska charge unsupported straight at a group of our BB's and inflict critical damage on them, then escape to cover while the BB's failed to do any significant damage to him.. #facepalm.

Just looking at having lost nearly 20 games straight in this boat now, I just feel like it's become cursed. It feels like flipping a coin in the air and having it land on tails 20 times in a row, statistically possible but incredibly unlikely. Never had such a rotten run with 1 boat before. 

meh.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles

Take it into co-op, get some token wins and break the curse. Then try again in Randoms.

• Cool 1

[PT]
Members
577 posts
2,084 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Take it into co-op, get some token wins and break the curse. Then try again in Randoms.

Yeah I might do that. 

-Members-
272 posts
3,159 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Ensign_Cthulhuhits on a good idea. 

Another might be to division up with others.

The  USS Fletcher is one of my favorite ships to play in the game. Hope you can get back to the winning ways with her soon! :Smile_honoring::Smile_izmena:

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,061 posts
12,517 battles

Not hate, but maybe an experiment (psychological stress test) is being conducted (no joke). Take your great win rate (you are a qualified candidate), pair you with MM selected poor teams (with knob control), get you down into the low 40% range, then stop experiment and see how long it takes for you to recover your composure and gameplay. Someone behind the curtain could be performing an experiment for a thesis.

Edited by Ericson38

[FORM]
Members
667 posts
6,884 battles

Losing streaks like that just suuuuuuuuuck. And FWIW, I do believe that some ships are cursed. The only cure is to take your PC and soak it water over night to drown out the evil spirits. Is it worth it? Well, that's your call.

Members
3,187 posts
4,322 battles
7 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

Not hate, but maybe an experiment (psychological stress test) is being conducted (no joke). Take your great win rate (you are a qualified candidate), pair you with MM selected poor teams (with knob control), get you down into the low 40% range, then stop experiment and see how long it takes for you to recover your composure and gameplay. Someone behind the curtain could be performing an experiment for a thesis.

It's funny because I do believe that something like that is possible.

A long time ago I posted pics show a 30% citadel to hit ratio in a Myogi. Right after that my accuracy dropped to where my secondaries were pulling better numbers. Also my Independence was bottom tier on the worst team so often it became a joke 

[PT]
Members
577 posts
2,084 battles

It's over 20++ straight losses now in the Fletcher.... Last game, 4 kills, 2 caps, 140k damage, team still lost.. Both top BB's were AFK lol.... /tears

I can play coop and win in it but that's boring as hell.

IT is beyond a joke. my WR in it is now hovering around 40%...

Edited by LunchCutter

Sign in to follow this