You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Doll

Here is a List of Premiums That Would be Way Better Than The Ohio

50 comments in this topic

Members
522 posts
15,964 battles

Hi Wargaming-

First, I really like your game. I've had a lot of fun over the last two in a half years. But, in light of the announcement of the battleship Ohio, it seems you are running out of ideas for premium ships. So, here is a helpful list of ships that I feel deserve premium treatment. I invite others to add to this list.

USN

1) USS Washington. Common WG, this ship has the history and the looks. She clocked a Kongo class without suffering any significant damage. She deserves to be in the game.

2) West Virginia (1944-1945). The better question you should ask is why hasn't it been introduced? 

3) USS Nevada (1944). Give the GC a run for the OP category already.

4) USS Pennsylvania (1944). A modernized Arizona with AA. What's not to love?

4) USS Laffey. Did you know Mel Gibson thought about making a movie about this ship? I bet you didn't because you were blinded by your love for Steven Seigal. The Laffey fought off hordes of Kamikazes and lived to tell the tale. She will make a great premium.

Germany 

1) Proposed M class light cruisers in plan Z.

(Yeah, they didn't build much).

IJN

1) Shigure. WG, read up on this one, it participated in almost every major engagement. Slap it with a bag of gimmicks and call it a day.

2) Akagi. We know you have the model, so make it happen!

3) Maya. This is Takao class ship, but, toward the end of the war, had one of it's 8 inch turrets removed and replaced with AA. Give the Atago class some AA love, renamed it Maya, and call it a day.

4) Ise. A hybrid CV and BB? Nothing can possibly go wrong. 

5) Yamashiro. Fuso class BB that looked a little different. Give it a gimmick and Fuso enthusiast will sing your praise for forever. 

RN

1) Prince of Wales. Sure, we have two KGVs classes roaming the waves. But the POW, with the upcoming Ark Royal, will allow us to live our Bismarck fantasies. 

2) Dido. RN's version of the Atlanta. 

3) Country Class Heavy Cruisers. Three smoke stacks of pure love. 

Italian 

Just focus on the ship lines, please.

Russia

Stalin drew some ships when he was in grade school. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

Members
338 posts

Wrong Laffey.

The gimmick should be "disables captain abilities on your ship if it strikes your superstructure with HE."

:Smile_veryhappy:

Though how crazy is it that two ships with the same namesake fought in the same war and both made names for themselves?

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,284 battles

And hey, if this was a museum and not a video game, you’d have a point. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[RLGN]
Members
18,948 posts
34,517 battles
5 hours ago, Poharan said:

Wrong Laffey.

The gimmick should be "disables captain abilities on your ship if it strikes your superstructure with HE."

:Smile_veryhappy:

Though how crazy is it that two ships with the same namesake fought in the same war and both made names for themselves?

Not a bad idea actually, we even have a Hiei it could bully, though it’s ARP instead of IJN.

The other would let WG get a Sumner in the game.

Both were made famous by brawls; on against a battleship in a bar after the lights  were shot out, and the other against a swarm of kamikaze.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,172 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Doll said:

Ise. A hybrid CV and BB? Nothing can possibly go wrong right.

Fixed that for ya! (they can't even balance regular carriers, so no hybrids until they do, OK?)

[WOLFC]
Members
744 posts
30,717 battles

How about the HMS Agincourt. Who wouldn't want to sail a battleship with 14 12 inch guns?

Or how about one of the Courageous class battlecruisers with their 4 15 inch guns? Or better yet, the Furious with 2 18 inch guns even though the second gun was never fitted in real life. A complete meme boat if ever there was one but people would play it just for the giggle factor.

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,797 posts
7,603 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Doll said:

2) West Virginia (1944-1945). The better question you should ask is why hasn't it been introduced? 

Yeah, what did happen to this ship?   Why don't we have it by now?   We were promised this awhile ago and the model is already in the game, just upgrade it and re-name it and put it out already.

[DESS]
Beta Testers
183 posts
9,945 battles

HMS Incomparable anyone? Blueprint only, but what a blueprint...

[SVF]
Members
2,900 posts
2,776 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Yeah, what did happen to this ship?   Why don't we have it by now?   We were promised this awhile ago and the model is already in the game, just upgrade it and re-name it and put it out already.

WG's too preoccupied making T9 and T10 premiums to care much about fulfilling their word wrt Rebuild WV, I suspect.

Members
2,007 posts
1 hour ago, VeatherVitch said:

Commonwealth

HMCS Ontario 

+1

I groan when I start seeing even more and more USN, IJN, And Russian ships. There's dozens of them all in game. I'd rather see WG start fleshing out other ship lines with something new and fresh. Not something run through a 3D printer and copied many times before. These USN, IJN, And Russian premium ships are starting to feel old and generic.

Sure. Work on the commonwealth ships. Or the Pan-Euro ships. Even more Pan-Asian or South American ships. Anything but the usual three nationalities...

• Cool 2

[MELON]
Members
1,081 posts
3,022 battles

Can I have a mikasa with yamato guns?

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I'm just sick and tired of gimmick reused model premiums, and WG adding even more USN ships. USN has literally had the most ship in the game by far, consistently since launch. When is there going to be an Italian line? 

For god's sake we got the fictional Soviet BBs and the silly hodge-podge Pan-Asian line before we got an Italian line, i.e. one of Europe's foremost naval powers during WWII.

• Cool 1

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
19 hours ago, Captain_Doll said:

Russia

Stalin drew some ships when he was in grade school. 

I would add the destroyer strorozhevoy

image.png.443975eac181a493eae2a46f45a2e1c4.png

The storozhevoy class was a follow on to the Project 7 Gnevny class seen in game with the aim of making a follow on that didn't suck.

image.png.d9f1838f75b87f90a93426e032b54a37.png

storozhevoy herself though was an active unit and ended up becoming a unique vessel, after an active career she got her bow blown of by an E boat and had to be repaired at the under siege Leningrad. For expediency's sake, it was decided to lop the bow off an unfinished Ognovoi class and weld it onto Storozhevoy, resulting in her having an ognovoi turret in front and two normal single turrets in back.

Frankly given WG's enthusiastic err "patriotism" I'm shocked she hasn't been added yet.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News
  • Cool 1

Members
767 posts
19,884 battles

Yeah, but those would all take development time to make, whereas fitting the 18" turret on the monty takes, uh, less.

[STW-M]
[STW-M]
Members
311 posts
12,405 battles

Nice list Captain Doll, but you are giving advice to russians who never listen to anyone, ever. It's just smoke in the wind.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,169 posts
10,779 battles
2 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Well everyone knows Buckeyes are worthless nuts

O-H !

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,282 posts
6,808 battles

Random question: Do we know if the Ohio is a premium?  I heard some people saying that she might be an alternate Tier X for the tech tree.

Just curious...

Members
926 posts
5,744 battles
2 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

Random question: Do we know if the Ohio is a premium?  I heard some people saying that she might be an alternate Tier X for the tech tree.

Just curious...

No we don't and yes it most likely will be since WG seemingly wants to give the Slava treatment to everyone. Thunderer and Ohio will probably be alternate tech tree tier 10s.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,282 posts
6,808 battles
Just now, ksix said:

No we don't and yes it most likely will be since WG seemingly wants to give the Slava treatment to everyone. Thunderer and Ohio will probably be alternate tech tree tier 10s.

It's not a bad idea.

I just want to know whether I should spend my precious coal on Georgia if Ohio is a coal ship :Smile-_tongue:.