You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tinfoilpaperweight

Smolensk too strong

41 comments in this topic

-Members-
272 posts
3,195 battles

@tinfoilpaperweight , could you provide us with more specifics, please? 
If you have concerns about a ship the more detailed you can make your comment the more it helps us ID what your exact concerns are.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,828 posts
4,867 battles
1 hour ago, BTed72 said:

If you have concerns about a ship the more detailed you can make your comment the more it helps us ID what your exact concerns are.

To his belief, anything Russian is OP :cap_popcorn:

[-N-]
Members
223 posts
13,906 battles

In a video Flamu did of the ship a couple weeks back, he engaged a Minotaur who was already down to 50% health and killed him. But the Minotaur gave as good as he got and hammered Flamu to within an inch of his life. And if Minotaur can do such damage, a cruiser with bigger guns and more armor like DM, Moskva, Hindy or Henri will have no problems at all.
Not to mention the range has been reduced on Smolensk to 13 km, meaning that it has to get in way too close to the enemy to be able to pull out if things go pear-shaped.
I'm not too worried about Smolensk.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Members
1,359 posts

BUFF!!!

If the Great Potatoe Flamu is getting mashed how does a little Tater tot like me survive!!! 

Once again a case of American Bias!!!

Members
3,714 posts
On 6/15/2019 at 7:49 AM, BTed72 said:

Don’t DDs already have enough problems???

Why add 2 ships that are DD kryptonite. 

• Funny 1

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,324 posts
3,959 battles

I've heard from the World of Warships podcast that it dies to dev strikes quite often because of its paper armor and its low health of 32k health.

Edited by destawaits
  • Cool 1

Members
3,714 posts
1 hour ago, destawaits said:

I've heard from the World of Warships podcast that it dies to dev strikes quite often because of its paper armor and its low health of 32k health.

It has smoke and heals.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,303 posts
10,955 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 8:49 AM, BTed72 said:

Maybe reduce her extremity plating to 13mm to make her susceptible to 203mm AP and buff her repair party consumable or the number of repairs or smokes.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,303 posts
10,955 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, Nine_Lives_ said:

In a video Flamu did of the ship a couple weeks back, he engaged a Minotaur who was already down to 50% health and killed him. But the Minotaur gave as good as he got and hammered Flamu to within an inch of his life. And if Minotaur can do such damage, a cruiser with bigger guns and more armor like DM, Moskva, Hindy or Henri will have no problems at all.
Not to mention the range has been reduced on Smolensk to 13 km, meaning that it has to get in way too close to the enemy to be able to pull out if things go pear-shaped.
I'm not too worried about Smolensk.

13km that can be twice boosted with AFT and the t9 range mod.

[NEIN]
Members
51 posts
21,285 battles

Get this spam barge out of the damned game!!! , I dont know where it came from I just want to know when its going away!!!

• Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,315 posts
12 minutes ago, Capt_Smollette said:

Get this spam barge out of the damned game!!! , I dont know where it came from I just want to know when its going away!!!

Too late, welcome to the Thunderdome....:Smile_teethhappy:

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
84 posts
14,171 battles

This Smolensk is for a light CA too  powerful and can't be seen even up close. Too strong as well as it eats up GK's shots at under 3K without getting hurt. It needs nerfing and has to be taken down a few pegs. This ship needs nerfing and I know I hate to see any ship get nerfed. A light CA is for the most part a fast ship without the armor so she can move fast. But when you have a fast CL and she can take hits from a BB then she's no longer a CL but more closely to a CB or even a Light BB. this ship isn't either one of those. I look at the mino and the worsh which are both CL's and they can't take the hits from a GK like the Smolensk.  This needs to be fixed. 

[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
15,639 battles

I just stay the hell away from that ship or deal with her at her outer gun range and my superior range if I have the advantage. She's very strong in the right hands that's for sure.

[CVN69]
Members
1 post
14,647 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, BTed72 said:

this ship is to strong,,,, worse than the Minotaur, its fire capability is [edited] and it make playing against it pointless...… either get rid of the smoke or turn it down,,,,

[CVA16]
Members
4,445 posts
13,794 battles
15 hours ago, 11th_OLD_TAR said:

this ship is to strong,,,, worse than the Minotaur, its fire capability is [edited] and it make playing against it pointless...… either get rid of the smoke or turn it down,,,,

Unfortunately, it is now released and a premium. WG does not directly nerf premiums so we are stuck with it. They may pull it from the premium shop, as they have done before, but it will remain in game forever. I guess everyone that can needs to buy one.

[THREE]
Members
2,210 posts
11,724 battles

Hey

Smolensk is like any other ship that many say is OP.  Once people get used to playing against it and learning its quirks, it can be easily overcome.  I've gotten deleted in mine several times with relatively little damage, sometimes due to positioning, and sometimes just plain luck.  The interest will die off soon enough; after all, how often do you see a Kutuzov anymore, a Flint, Atlanta, even a Belfast isn't seen that often.

Pete

• Cool 2
  • Angry 2

[VW]
Members
357 posts
On 6/15/2019 at 4:49 AM, tinfoilpaperweight said:

This ship is in testing yes, but it needs to be tuned down. It has too many strengths compared to it's weaknesses.

Align expectations.  Yes, the ship is stupid OP.   But, my win rate has been far less than my win rate in high tier DDs.  CAs rely heavily on other ships, and are BY FAR the least influential ships in the game.  It's a stupid OP and fun ship, and annoying to play against, but I prefer winning so I'll stick to DDs as they clearly have more influence on game outcome.

Edited by nhf

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
125 posts
4,640 battles

Wow! Just got her last night and played 2 games. I can understand some of the grief expressed above, but she is indeed very fragile when hit. However, saying that, she(he because it Russian) can lay down a very effective suppressing base of fire. I totally obliterated a Harugumo and Gearing in about 30 seconds, taking minimal damage from them, however, their Des Moines was eyeballing me from afar and took me down in 2 salvoes because I failed to maintain proper situational awareness. 

Is he a great ship? Oh yeah! It is a Flint on steroids, but suffers from the same fate of the Flint, lightly armored. Gonna take her out again tonight because it is fun indeed to be the daka-daka machine at tier 10.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,711 posts
22,019 battles
20 minutes ago, strykerpsg said:

Is he a great ship? Oh yeah! It is a Flint on steroids, but suffers from the same fate of the Flint, lightly armored. Gonna take her out again tonight because it is fun indeed to be the daka-daka machine at tier 10.

LOL I was thinking an Atlanta on meth only with better shells. It is a fun ship but you can get deleted in a hurry. 

• Funny 1

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Members
20 posts
6,539 battles

Strong Boat but not OP. Requires the player to have a brain, So honesty 1 in 6 they may wreck your day

Members
1,279 posts
10 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

Needs to be nerfed into the ground. It's ridiculously OP right now.

get better Dude and we'll enjoy the game...

[TRIBE]
Members
1 post
2,768 battles

I never see a t10 game with out  1-4 of them, they are way OP. I don't play a game where someone else doesn't comment on how OP they are (Usually, one of the guys playing them). Just over pens and bounces on it all day long. 

Edited by Gunter_Gasmask
  • Cool 1