You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
nemean

Possible end to the CV suffering

17 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts
3,350 battles

I've spoken with SEVERAL people on this, and they all agree... I did not come up with the idea alone, but literally no one, not a single person i've spoken with is happy with the carrier change... I embraced it... and enjoy the idea, but man... some stuff needs to be addressed...

You keep nerfing carriers... the damage isn't the issue... EVERYONE hates the spotting mechanic... You get spotted, it forces smoke.. DD's die. You have killed the interest of people to play DD's, Admit it or not, I'm talking about personally speaking with over 80 people that I play this game with, they have ZERO care to play a DD.

You already have the logic in the game with how you changed radar...

Make it where when a plane spots a ship... It has to radio back to the carrier, which then tells friendly ships of the enemy ships location.

you could do 45 seconds for destroyers, 20-30 seconds for cruisers, and 10-15 seconds for battleships..

Doing this would allow a DD to possibly not burn his smoke up, and also creates an issue where the planes IF USING FOR SPOTTING, Can't attack... they have to hover around the enemy keeping within spotting range of the DD for 45 seconds before their team can see/target the DD and open fire...

THIS GIVES THE DD  a chance to actually do damage to the plane group one on one, vs with the whole enemy team killing him like a fly on the wall and /or being chased by something it 9/10 times can't do anything about... 

This is a modified message that I sent to Player support... I was advised to post it here, so here I am. 

I'm a casual player, not some WOWS god... I don't spend my life in these forums so if this idea already exists, my apologies... I just think this could help curve us towards some positive change without sacrificing the care to play a CV

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles

With the newly introduced engine smoke and also more concealment when near the shores of an island I think that CV spotting will be dimished to some degree. WE will have to see exactly how this works out.  My only beef with spotting is that it should be limited to only the radius of the airplane so that a friendly ship on the other side of the map cannot KNOW what was spotted.  Namely the info shared is not and cannot be broadcast to all..but only in a limited radius vicinity centering from the spotter plane.  

Spotter2.png

Edited by dionkraft
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,438 posts
27,395 battles
2 hours ago, nemean said:

I've spoken with SEVERAL people on this, and they all agree... I did not come up with the idea alone, but literally no one, not a single person i've spoken with is happy with the carrier change... I embraced it... and enjoy the idea, but man... some stuff needs to be addressed...

You keep nerfing carriers... the damage isn't the issue... EVERYONE hates the spotting mechanic... You get spotted, it forces smoke.. DD's die. You have killed the interest of people to play DD's, Admit it or not, I'm talking about personally speaking with over 80 people that I play this game with, they have ZERO care to play a DD.

You already have the logic in the game with how you changed radar...

Make it where when a plane spots a ship... It has to radio back to the carrier, which then tells friendly ships of the enemy ships location.

you could do 45 seconds for destroyers, 20-30 seconds for cruisers, and 10-15 seconds for battleships..

Doing this would allow a DD to possibly not burn his smoke up, and also creates an issue where the planes IF USING FOR SPOTTING, Can't attack... they have to hover around the enemy keeping within spotting range of the DD for 45 seconds before their team can see/target the DD and open fire...

THIS GIVES THE DD  a chance to actually do damage to the plane group one on one, vs with the whole enemy team killing him like a fly on the wall and /or being chased by something it 9/10 times can't do anything about... 

This is a modified message that I sent to Player support... I was advised to post it here, so here I am. 

I'm a casual player, not some WOWS god... I don't spend my life in these forums so if this idea already exists, my apologies... I just think this could help curve us towards some positive change without sacrificing the care to play a CV

Speak for YOURSELF!  "Everyone" does NOT hate the spotting mechanic!!!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Members
32 posts
3,350 battles

I'm thrilled you brought such a positive comment to my discussion. good on you :cap_like:

6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

[SALVO]
Members
25,438 posts
27,395 battles
3 minutes ago, nemean said:

I'm thrilled you brought such a positive comment to my discussion. good on you :cap_like:

Dude, it's annoying when people think they speak for everybody, when they in reality only speak for themselves.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[RBMK2]
Members
4,488 posts
20,684 battles
41 minutes ago, Crucis said:

29 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Dude, it's annoying when people think they speak for everybody, when they in reality only speak for themselves.

He speaks for me I too am annoyed with the spotting mechanics

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
25,438 posts
27,395 battles
28 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

He speaks for me I too am annoyed with the spotting mechanics

He does NOT speak for me.  Therefore, he's wrong to claim that he speaks for everybody.  End of story.

• Meh 2

Members
32 posts
3,350 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

He does NOT speak for me.  Therefore, he's wrong to claim that he speaks for everybody.  End of story.

Sorry for your inability to realize I don't literally mean 100% of the player base...

I said above that the people i've spoken with... so when I say everybody... I'm referring to the people that I have talked to, lmbo.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
296 posts
7,170 battles
3 hours ago, dionkraft said:

With the newly introduced engine smoke and also more concealment when near the shores of an island I think that CV spotting will be dimished to some degree. WE will have to see exactly how this works out.  My only beef with spotting is that it should be limited to only the radius of the airplane so that a friendly ship on the other side of the map cannot KNOW what was spotted.  Namely the info shared is not and cannot be broadcast to all..but only in a limited radius vicinity centering from the spotter plane.  

Spotter2.png

Thought they said these consumables would only be available in an alternate game mode, not in Randoms?

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles
16 minutes ago, HTSMetal said:

Thought they said these consumables would only be available in an alternate game mode, not in Randoms?

I was proposing an across the board spotting modification for ALL game modes so that it will quiet the complaints of gross spotting of DD players and unfun play which ensues afterwards.  I was hoping to make it more realistic but again..I guess thats all a matter of opinion of course!   But  with the announcement of alternate game modes and also alternate game consumables  I think we will be in for some interesting times I dare say.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles
1 hour ago, nemean said:

Sorry for your inability to realize I don't literally mean 100% of the player base...

I said above that the people i've spoken with... so when I say everybody... I'm referring to the people that I have talked to, lmbo.

Yet you capitalized EVERYONE implying just that. Next time say that the people you have talked to.

[SALVO]
Members
25,438 posts
27,395 battles
1 hour ago, nemean said:

Well, I'm a literalist.  I take what everyone says literally, all the time.   And if you didn't literally mean 100%, then you should not have said it nor implied it.  Period.

Members
32 posts
3,350 battles

Are you gents okay? It's not looking too good from here... Should I get the doll out so you can show me where my post touched you?

10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Well, I'm a literalist.  I take what everyone says literally, all the time.   And if you didn't literally mean 100%, then you should not have said it nor implied it.  Period.

27 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yet you capitalized EVERYONE implying just that. Next time say that the people you have talked to.

[WOLF2]
Members
296 posts
7,170 battles
2 hours ago, dionkraft said:

I was proposing an across the board spotting modification for ALL game modes so that it will quiet the complaints of gross spotting of DD players and unfun play which ensues afterwards.  I was hoping to make it more realistic but again..I guess thats all a matter of opinion of course!   But  with the announcement of alternate game modes and also alternate game consumables  I think we will be in for some interesting times I dare say. 

I agree with ya - something DOES need to be done about CV spotting, moreso for DDs than anything else because stealth is their primary strength and the current CV meta negates that in ways without meaningful (or fun) counterplay. I just brought it up because I didn't think they were planning on implementing the new consumables for Randoms, but this IS WG...would be just like them to over-complicate, try and slap a couple badly placed bandages on the problem instead of addressing the primary issue.

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles
52 minutes ago, HTSMetal said:

I agree with ya - something DOES need to be done about CV spotting, moreso for DDs than anything else because stealth is their primary strength and the current CV meta negates that in ways without meaningful (or fun) counterplay. I just brought it up because I didn't think they were planning on implementing the new consumables for Randoms, but this IS WG...would be just like them to over-complicate, try and slap a couple badly placed bandages on the problem instead of addressing the primary issue.

When these NEW Consumables start - prepare to be blinded by SMOKE like you have NEVER SEEN Before LOL!  If you have enough cooperation I guess we would see some synchronized SMOKE fleets traveling en mass...to trip up the CV player!    I'm looking forward to all this change of  tactics when they become available....I'm sure you will as well! 

[SOCOM]
Members
652 posts
23,123 battles

A side note to spotting the spotting ship had to keep visual on spotted ship if it is looking north it cannot spot south. Spotted targets should have to be painted by the spotter. And in smoke no spotting allowed.

Edited by Chief_SeaDog

Members
7 posts
4,962 battles

Carriers have been nerfed into garbage, especially the dive bombers. I can get my target circle perfectly over even a cruiser, and all bombs still completely miss. Many times in a row even! Assuming the planes can get past the shred of AA. So, no matter how skilled I am at working the planes, I am defeated by garbage game mechanics. Then the rocket and torpedo planes deal so little damage, it's laughable.