Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kingpin61

how to daring 101

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
638 posts
19,884 battles

 

 

this is a 100% serious guide on how to daring for sure i promise

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
638 posts
19,884 battles
27 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

@Kingpin61

Why not post "how not to daring 101". I am sure you have a good clip for that ;p

I'd run out of space in the post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,148
[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles

Was pretty good.  I gotta admit seeing dumpster fire mentioned in the post had me skeptical.  Not to mention it’s you, I suppose a flaming trash can still works every now and then.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,656
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

I'm vastly enjoying using Daring in Ranked right now.  I had started out with Z-52 with some success, but switched over to Daring a couple days ago and have went 7-0 since. 

Daring has so many more tools that make it seem purpose-built for Ranked play.  Unless something changes drastically in the 5-1 bracket, I'll likely try to rank out with Daring while using Grozovoi as a back-up.  They are both so versatile, albeit in different ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,357
[KWF]
Members
4,935 posts
6,604 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm vastly enjoying using Daring in Ranked right now.  I had started out with Z-52 with some success, but switched over to Daring a couple days ago and have went 7-0 since. 

Daring has so many more tools that make it seem purpose-built for Ranked play.  Unless something changes drastically in the 5-1 bracket, I'll likely try to rank out with Daring while using Grozovoi as a back-up.  They are both so versatile, albeit in different ways.

Glad to see ya picked it up. The AP is simply amazing; provided you don't end up in a CV battle and with the exception of Z-52s Hydro you can be pretty dominant.

I won't be pushing for ranking out, but Daring carried me to Rank 5 in a very comfortable pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,656
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Glad to see ya picked it up. The AP is simply amazing; provided you don't end up in a CV battle and with the exception of Z-52s Hydro you can be pretty dominant.

I won't be pushing for ranking out, but Daring carried me to Rank 5 in a very comfortable pace.

Indeed, the AP is fantastic, especially with the favorable pen angles.  Makes the need for IFHE on the HE shells almost irrelevant, allowing for those four commander points to be spent elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,357
[KWF]
Members
4,935 posts
6,604 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Indeed, the AP is fantastic, especially with the favorable pen angles.  Makes the need for IFHE on the HE shells almost irrelevant, allowing for those four commander points to be spent elsewhere.

Well, personally I work both ammos; while the pen angles and the DPM is excellent, HE can help alot with the DDs and peppering superstructures of BBs. But it's true, if you can get the most of the AP,  skills like RPF can  be intriguing choices.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,656
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Well, personally I work both ammos; while the pen angles and the DPM is excellent, HE can help alot with the DDs and peppering superstructures of BBs. But it's true, if you can get the most of the AP,  skills like RPF can  be intriguing choices.

I dropped IFHE for Ranked play, as I find it to be much more useful in that arena.  The HE is still excellent at starting fires (8%), even if the pen ability is mediocre.  

The on-demand smokes are great for the constantly evolving gameplay that Ranked entails, while the heal promotes longevity and the hydro is a great self-defense tool.  

I use a different build for Random battles, since it's a completely different animal than Ranked.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×