You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Why same CVs are so different?

30 comments in this topic

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles

Both Indie. His fighters wiped out easily my fighers, and then much to my surprise, he wiped out my torp squadron in literally a blink of an eye, one second my squadron was on full health, all 6 of them, next second I heard the voice announcement "group 3 destroyed". The ping was good, so no delay there.

God this game is so broken. 

• Meh 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
7 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Both Indie. His fighters wiped out easily my fighers, and then much to my surprise, he wiped out my torp squadron in literally a blink of an eye, one second my squadron was on full health, all 6 of them, next second I heard the voice announcement "group 3 destroyed". The ping was good, so no delay there.

Fighters can only destroy up to their number. That is, if he deployed 6 fighters and you deployed 6, his cannot destroy your TBs after destroying all 6 fighters. Must have been allies.

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles
4 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Fighters can only destroy up to their number. That is, if he deployed 6 fighters and you deployed 6, his cannot destroy your TBs after destroying all 6 fighters. Must have been allies.

Nope. Only one CV.

I swear I'm telling the truth. 

God this game is glitchy. 

[STURM]
Members
721 posts
5,909 battles
9 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Nope. Only one CV.

Ship fighters exist too.

If you post a replay or damage breakdown, we could give a more detailed analysis of what happened.

[RLGN]
Members
14,868 posts
26,411 battles

The only ‘Indy’ left in the game is Indianapolis at Tier 7.

If you were a T6 carrier and attacked it, I could see that its AA may have wiped you out.

If you mean both of you were Rangers, (the Tier 6 USN carrier now, not Independence,) then working as intended. WG wants carriers attacking ships, or spotting, not attacking each other, (a bone of contention for some,) so they have done things to, ‘discourage’ carriers from doing so.

Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles

The other day you posted about a CV having multiple squadrons up and today you are playing with and against Independence. I am as confused as you are now.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLF3]
Members
28,154 posts
24,510 battles
2 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

The other day you posted about a CV having multiple squadrons up and today you are playing with and against Independence. I am as confused as you are now.

Maybe tomorrow a thread about getting Triple TB Cross Dropped by Zuiho.

• Funny 3

Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Maybe tomorrow a thread about getting Triple TB Cross Dropped by Zuiho.

I half expect that and I will be even more confused because I cant find where this player has played a game any time recently via third party sites. I feel like this is a twilight zone episode or he has created a flux capacitor.

[WOLF2]
Members
296 posts
7,170 battles
1 hour ago, Alabamastan said:

7 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Dude are you playing on *Chinese server? Last I heard they were still pre 0.8.0 with RTS CVs. If so, there's absolutely zero point for you to be posting threads about this stuff in the NA forums; you're literally playing a different game version than all the rest of us.

Edited by HTSMetal
*Chinese, not Asia
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,535 posts
9,825 battles
2 minutes ago, HTSMetal said:

Dude are you playing on Asia server? Last I heard they were still pre 0.8.0 with RTS CVs. If so, there's absolutely zero point for you to be posting threads about this stuff in the NA forums; you're literally playing a different game version than all the rest of us.

Possibly this?

Potential language issue?

I'm assuming the battle count is NA server though.

• Cool 1

Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles

I don't keep track of the Chinese server but I thought I heard they were updating out of RTS as well. Maybe they have not yet and that is what the confusion is all about.

[WOLF2]
Members
296 posts
7,170 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Possibly this?

Potential language issue?

I'm assuming the battle count is NA server though. 

You're probably right about the battle count, but what made me wonder was do they use the old "Group 3 destroyed" voiceover anymore? Thought that went away with 0.8.0...but I could be wrong -- I've only played about 20 or so games in the new CVs.

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
10 minutes ago, HTSMetal said:

Dude are you playing on Asia server? Last I heard they were still pre 0.8.0 with RTS CVs. If so, there's absolutely zero point for you to be posting threads about this stuff in the NA forums; you're literally playing a different game version than all the rest of us.

You are talking about the Chinese server,which is still in 0.7.2.

Asia server is up-to-date.

• Cool 1

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
20 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

Given that he has 2017 in his name,I guess he still lives in that time.

[WOLF2]
Members
296 posts
7,170 battles
Just now, RyuuohD_NA said:

You are talking about the Chinese server,which is still in 0.7.2.

Asia server is up-to-date. 

Oh wow I didn't realize there was a separate Chinese server! Thanks for letting me know.

[EQRN]
Members
2,119 posts
18,581 battles

He’s only played Langley and Hosho, pre 8.0, on NA.  China WoWs keeping its players in the dark about the rest of the WoWs world? :cap_yes:

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,394 posts
4,198 battles
7 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

He’s only played Langley and Hosho, pre 8.0, on NA.  China WoWs keeping its players in the dark about the rest of the WoWs world? :cap_yes:

The glorious Chinese people must be protected from inferior capitalist products, comrade.

Basically WG has sold the license for WOWS to some Chinese company, who run the game on its own server completely independent of WG. It's essentially a completely different game.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,394 posts
4,198 battles

Also, the OP only has 27 battles in CVs on this server, the Langly and the Hosho. And they were in January of this year. So I'm guessing he's on the China server and confused.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,989 battles

It is up to the player to determine where the enemy player will go and attack. When I drop fighters, I try to drop them one and a half the circle of my fighters in front of allied ship or enemy planes. If my CV gets attacked, I will drop all three fighters in front of me and around me to destroy the enemy planes. So that would be four fighter squads total defending my plane if I need it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,440 posts
20,600 battles

Is this some kind of repost bot? "Group 3 destroyed" hasn't been in the game since RTS, and neither has Independence.

Edited by Edgecase

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
5 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Is this some kind of repost bot? "Group 3 destroyed" hasn't been in the game since RTS, and neither has Independence.

Poster said something similar yesterday about CV spawning 3 fighter groups and 100% swearing it was a hack, so....

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,989 battles
41 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Poster said something similar yesterday about CV spawning 3 fighter groups and 100% swearing it was a hack, so....

Makes perfect sense to me

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,906 posts
12,318 battles
On 6/12/2019 at 2:48 AM, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Nope. Only one CV.

Replays are now automatically enabled and collect up to 20 battles. Having the replay really helps. In addition I've noticed most dog fights happen around enemy ships which play a huge effect; especially when flack does so much damage and fighters apparently don't dodge.