Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG can you make PTS a battle mod option?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,115
[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts

@Radar_X can you put PTS on the battle menu ingame please?

I tryed using the game center but it would never update. Tech support sent me a link to the legacy software. 2 hours later I was in.

As a result PTS is not an option. I know I am not the only one that has this challange. You would get more people doing PTS if they had easer access to it.

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,769
-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Hey jags_domain, unfortunately these are two completely different clients which require different launchers so aren't really able to provide PTS in the Live game itself.  We do know some of the challenges this can present like download size and keeping up with availability schedules, but this is a crucial part of testing process.  if you can be a part of it we really do appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,099
[EQRN]
Members
2,115 posts
18,565 battles

I thought the OPs title meant something different, and was a cool idea.  Make PTS an option in addition to Random, Co Op, etc.  The game architecture would have to change such that the port would have to be able to launch matches of different versions, i.e., live and test.  I’d run Test if I could use my existing ships, commanders, campaigns, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
306
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,371 posts
20,893 battles
14 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I thought the OPs title meant something different, and was a cool idea.  Make PTS an option in addition to Random, Co Op, etc.  The game architecture would have to change such that the port would have to be able to launch matches of different versions, i.e., live and test.  I’d run Test if I could use my existing ships, commanders, campaigns, etc.

What @Radar_Xment is that PTS "actually IS WoWs" in is test phase. As it has different databases, servers & settings than the live version we are playing.

You can't have live WoWs & PTS in the same server. Think of it as Windows 7 (Live) and Windows 10 (PTS) running at the same time, even if they look similar, they are just not the same. The reason you have different installation paths & options in the launcher is that they don't share exactly the same code.

BTW. I would really love to be able to run different regions with only 1 installation. It was possible some time ago via a mod as long as you take care to verify the regions were on the same version, which was a mess the update week. 

I have 100GB or more devoted to NA, EU & PTS WoWs, plus NA WoT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,099
[EQRN]
Members
2,115 posts
18,565 battles
8 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

What @Radar_Xment is that PTS "actually IS WoWs" in is test phase. As it has different databases, servers & settings than the live version we are playing.

You can't have live WoWs & PTS in the same server. Think of it as Windows 7 (Live) and Windows 10 (PTS) running at the same time, even if they look similar, they are just not the same. The reason you have different installation paths & options in the launcher is that they don't share exactly the same code.

BTW. I would really love to be able to run different regions with only 1 installation. It was possible some time ago via a mod as long as you take care to verify the regions were on the same version, which was a mess the update week. 

I have 100GB or more devoted to NA, EU & PTS WoWs, plus NA WoT.

WoWs isn’t an OS, but you’re analogy still falls apart as you can run any number of OSs as VMs, and that’s exactly how’d I’d treat different versions of WoWs being launched from the same Port Client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
306
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,371 posts
20,893 battles
2 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

WoWs isn’t an OS, but you’re analogy still falls apart as you can run any number of OSs as VMs, and that’s exactly how’d I’d treat different versions of WoWs being launched from the same Port Client.

I know, just tried to make it simple. In VMs you are actually using different "virtual" hardware on top of the real one.

The point is, PTS & live are actually 2 different versions of code and all that implies. So there must be 2 different executables, the way WG solved it is with 2 different installation paths with a common launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×