You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Meeso_Thorny

Part of fixing the "root" problem of CVs

80 comments in this topic

Members
308 posts
1,877 battles

Part of fixing the "root" problem of CVs:

Remove all their AA. All of it. Make a CV completely helpless against aircraft and suddenly CVs will spend significant portions of games going after their opponent CV. Suddenly CVs will stick close to friendly ships for AA protection, close to friendly ships where they can be shot at. Suddenly CVs are involved in the maneuver warfare aspect of this game rather than finding the furthest island from the battle and launching plane after plane

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 23

[SIM]
Members
5,365 posts
8,852 battles

Another garbage CV “fix” presented by a CV hater. Yawn.

• Cool 9
  • Meh 18

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
8 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Another garbage CV “fix” presented by a CV hater. Yawn.

Yep!!! The down vote prob came from the op! 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
12 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Remove all their AA. All of it. Make a CV completely helpless against aircraft and suddenly CVs will spend significant portions of games going after their opponent CV. Suddenly CVs will stick close to friendly ships for AA protection, close to friendly ships where they can be shot at. Suddenly CVs are involved in the maneuver warfare aspect of this game rather than finding the furthest island from the battle and launching plane after plane

Give the cv 200 MM armor and sure I will charge strait on it.

• Meh 1

[KIA]
Members
3,551 posts
15,600 battles

I'll accept only if you remove all AA from cruiser and BB as well.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 4

Members
308 posts
1,877 battles
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I'll accept only if you remove all AA from cruiser and BB as well.

You think that would be fair?

• Cool 1

[KIA]
Members
3,551 posts
15,600 battles
Just now, Meeso_Thorny said:

You think that would be fair?

Not at all but it can't be even more stupid than what you suggested

• Funny 8
  • Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,038 posts

I'd give you an intelligent response but sadly, I've taken an oath against such things. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,469 posts
24,759 battles
26 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

And suddenly the first team to lose its CV is now at a major disadvantage while the remaining CV spots to no end. 

Also, an AA cruiser could just hang back with the CV.

• Cool 1

Members
308 posts
1,877 battles
2 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

And suddenly the first team to lose its CV is now at a major disadvantage while the remaining CV spots to no end. 

Also, an AA cruiser could just hang back with the CV.

These things are not true now?

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,469 posts
24,759 battles
6 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

These things are not true now?

Oh it is true but how often do you see a CV removed from the game early?

[--V--]
Members
1,453 posts
13,765 battles

CV Fanbois don't want ANY changes which will place them at the same level of risk the rest of the ship face.  They like sitting in the back invulnerable from attack until LATE in the match, if ever. 

Anything which places CVs at REAL risk, 45 seconds into the match, the same way THEY place the rest of the ships at risk,,, I am in favor of making.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

Members
308 posts
1,877 battles

12 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Oh it is true but how often do you see a CV removed from the game early?

Not nearly as often as any other class

7 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

CV Fanbois don't want ANY changes which will place them at the same level of risk the rest of the ship face.  They like sitting in the back invulnerable from attack until LATE in the match, if ever. 

Anything which places CVs at REAL risk, 45 seconds into the match, the same way THEY place the rest of the ships at risk,,, I am in favor of making.

my sentiments exactly

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
1,885 battles
9 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

2 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

my sentiments exactly

Just because people are not all agreeing with your opinion/idea means they are fanboys. Saying that gets us nowhere and does not make any discussion which makes this thread stupid and pointless.

I don't agree with your remove CV AA idea. I personally think doing multiple smaller tweaks and also changing/adding more gameplay to both surface ships and CVs would improve balance and gameplay. For example I think maybe AA that's been destroyed should be regenerated like aircraft. I think there should be some sort of manual AA control to help make AA more consistent. I think altitude control should be added to make CV gameplay more interesting. These are just a few ideas that I currently have and my opinion could change on them.

• Cool 2

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,469 posts
24,759 battles
19 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Right because rushing in a ship with nothing but secondaries is a good way to play the game. Incase you have noticed most players dont want risk. Island camping, back of the map sniping, and literally hiding are super prevelant. Half the reason Non CV Fan Bois complain so much is because CV puts them at risk.

• Cool 6

[--V--]
Members
1,453 posts
13,765 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

Right because rushing in a ship with nothing but secondaries is a good way to play the game. Incase you have noticed most players dont want risk. Island camping, back of the map sniping, and literally hiding are super prevelant. Half the reason Non CV Fan Bois complain so much is because CV puts them at risk.

Then don't rush.  Take away the CVs impenetrable AA so CVs can attach each other, like pre 8.0 days.  Let them duke it out.

I'd prefer CVs be removed or neutered so bad they're barely noticeable, but this is a nice change.

• Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,866 posts
26,404 battles
20 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Pretty much.

Maybe also a lot of bolting from queue just because carriers are even present; or just not paying attention to where the carriers really are, because bias.

Do I see carriers hiding? Have I done so myself?

Yes.

I’ve also seen carriers with big brass ones pushing up very close, and even capping on occasion.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,148 posts
13,741 battles

The remove AA post is not surprise. Earlier someone suggested CV have fighter caps.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,953 battles
14 minutes ago, Koogus said:

For example I think maybe AA that's been destroyed should be regenerated like aircraft.

I think that all the AA that has been destroyed by the nerf hammer should be regenerated first.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,469 posts
24,759 battles
19 hours ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Then don't rush.  Take away the CVs impenetrable AA so CVs can attach each other, like pre 8.0 days.  Let them duke it out.

I'd prefer CVs be removed or neutered so bad they're barely noticeable, but this is a nice change.

19 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Pretty much.

Maybe also a lot of blotting from just because carriers are even present; or just not paying attention to where the carriers really are, because bias.

Do I see carriers hiding? Have I done so myself?

Yes.

I’ve also seen carriers with big brass ones pushing up very close, and even capping on occasion.

People just dont want to grasp the idea that it may be ok to have one class that plays differently. Sure, some things could be changed to maybe make it feel better facing them but overall they arent this huge detriment. 

It's almost like having a medieval warfare game with swords, pikes, and maces and the developers add bows to game and everyone losses their minds. 

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[--V--]
Members
1,453 posts
13,765 battles
5 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Another "I can't counter CVs, give me an easy button" post.

So, to counter CVs, what are your options. And by counter, I mean place the CV in harms way.  Attack the CV like they're attacking me or other surface ships.  Not a stupid worthless AA Oh, and to do so within 45 seconds of the match starting,,,, just like they can everyone else.

Waiting,,,,,,,,,

[--V--]
Members
1,453 posts
13,765 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

It's almost like having a medieval warfare game with swords, pikes, and maxes and the developers add bows to game and everyone losses their minds. 

Except CV are more like adding Assault rifles and machine guns to this battle,,, not bows.  Its that much of a difference.

• Boring 3

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,469 posts
24,759 battles
14 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Except CV are more like adding Assault rifles and machine guns to this battle,,, not bows.  Its that much of a difference.

That's a gross over exaggeration though. I'm not going to argue, you're allowed your opinion and I hope they bring changes that make the game more comfortable for you soon.

As long as they remain viable and a nice change of pace from other classes im ok with changes.

• Cool 1