Goomypoop

Another towel thrown in...

31 comments in this topic

Members
86 posts
13,824 battles

Well, after nearly four years...I have finally given up on this game. Not sure what in particular finally got me to do the Uninstall. I think is a combination for sure. Paper ships for Russian BBs over other countries that actually had a navy. Now the Rentals into Ranked I'm pretty sure put it over the top. It's cut throat, stressful, and nerve-racking in the past for Ranked, but to only Add to that the Tier 8 players running the Rental ships....that's enough. I will help you WGing with your server lag now. I won't be bogging you down. Such high hopes at the start, sad thing is, this really IS the Only Naval game online. What does that say about the gaming community in general?  Nothing Good.

Good luck to the those still playing,

Goomypoop (yes that name that makes everyone 'wonder'...well, as i'm gone now, It is bunched from German language..i.e. watch the movie "The Longest Day". Rubber Dummy.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 5

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,010 battles

I threw in the towel, then someone threw it back and I found out it was myself.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
11,461 posts
19,211 battles

I dont get it, tier 8 ships see tier 10 matches.. I dont think its the rentals that is the problem....

Its the notion that somehow in the OPs mind, tier 8 players never set foot/never played a tier 10 match which is no true..

Its least the OP should be honest, I left because I dont want "rentals" on my team in Ranked.

To me imo, the OPs post is confusing.

• Meh 3

[SOAR]
Members
317 posts
5,141 battles

T10 isn't fun for me. I don't really understand the mechanics and find it much slower, so I don't play it.

I also don't play ranked with my T10's because, I'm not very good at that tier and don't want to impact others with my lack of skill at that level.

Maybe they could introduce "leagues" in the way (sorry if youre not a racing fan) MotoGP and Formula 1.

They have Moto3 (could be Tier 6) Moto2 (could be 8) and the big dogs in MotoGP (Tier 10)

This would allow people to aim at their comfort level, and largely leave the higher tier for those who wanted it.

I'd be fine with reduced rewards at lower tiers as well, not a big deal to me.

But like I said, I haven't played ranked since it was T7. Just not my thing.

• Cool 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,132 posts
18,655 battles

I’ve not good experience with rentals at all, terrible decision, compounded by a poor implementation.  The lack of camo, bracketing the ship names, why not put neon signs on them saying “I’m a n00b”.

The Russian BBs, eh, anyone who thinks a moment about the game realizes there is a very small pool of real ships to pull from, vapor ware happens or we have stagnant content.  Sure it would have been nice to have an Italian line by now, but apparently the Italians haven’t been as helpful with design docs as other governments/militaries.  Good news is, they are on the way, and the possibility they have a unique ammo (SAP) should make them a very exciting addition to the game.

[PVE]
Members
4,677 posts
20,617 battles
22 minutes ago, Goomypoop said:

Well, after nearly four years...I have finally given up on this game. Not sure what in particular finally got me to do the Uninstall. I think is a combination for sure. Paper ships for Russian BBs over other countries that actually had a navy. Now the Rentals into Ranked I'm pretty sure put it over the top. It's cut throat, stressful, and nerve-racking in the past for Ranked, but to only Add to that the Tier 8 players running the Rental ships....that's enough. I will help you WGing with your server lag now. I won't be bogging you down. Such high hopes at the start, sad thing is, this really IS the Only Naval game online. What does that say about the gaming community in general?  Nothing Good.

Good luck to the those still playing,

Goomypoop (yes that name that makes everyone 'wonder'...well, as i'm gone now, It is bunched from German language..i.e. watch the movie "The Longest Day". Rubber Dummy.

I've not been here but a year and a half and yet, to be honest, the quality of game play has diminished.   Ranked last year when I tried it was tough....  Our clan only has three now so I can't talk about Clan battles...  Random's with the Radar meta last year and the Carrier meta this year, has really made randoms "no fun..."  So, I'm not uninstalling just yet..... 

OP, come join us in COOP!!  We have a good time there.  What will be a bridge too far though, is bot-Carriers in COOP............  Look on the bright side, WG hasn't introduced the "Golden Bullet" gimmicks yet !!!   That's predicted for 4th quarter....  The Golden Era of Golden consumables....  We sacrificed a loaf of bread over hot coals to deduce that prediction......yes, there was beer involved as well.

• Cool 2

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,217 battles

@Goomypoop Uninstalling means nothing since you can install again and pick up where you left off.

Throw in the towel and mean it. Have WG delete your account altogether.

If not your post is meaningless.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[RLGN]
Members
14,949 posts
26,483 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

Our clan only has three now so I can't talk about Clan battles...

You can still do Naval Battles, that’s my Clan’s main thing since we can’t do CW either.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,556 posts
23,348 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Goomypoop Uninstalling means nothing since you can install again and pick up where you left off.

Throw in the towel and mean it. Have WG delete your account altogether.

If not your post is meaningless.

I think my concern would be more about how much of this is going on, rather than establishing absolute verifiability. 

A lot of these posts lately havent been ragequits. They have had the tone of folks who liked WoWS, many of them for several years, but now are disillusioned and lack hope that it will get better. 

I feel bad for these folks, and I feel a lot of what they express. 

• Cool 5

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,550 battles
2 hours ago, MajesticTwelve said:

Maybe they could introduce "leagues" in the way (sorry if youre not a racing fan) MotoGP and Formula 1.

They have Moto3 (could be Tier 6) Moto2 (could be 8) and the big dogs in MotoGP (Tier 10)

This would allow people to aim at their comfort level, and largely leave the higher tier for those who wanted it.

I'd be fine with reduced rewards at lower tiers as well, not a big deal to me.

But like I said, I haven't played ranked since it was T7. Just not my thing.

When the next patch drops, you will be able to play a version of Ranked at Tier 7: "Ranked Sprint". I played it when it was Tier 5 (I missed Tier 6) and it was definitely fun. Smaller teams and more coordination. Check it out, I think you'll like it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,333 posts
23,744 battles
23 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I think my concern would be more about how much of this is going on, rather than establishing absolute verifiability. 

A lot of these posts lately havent been ragequits. They have had the tone of folks who liked WoWS, many of them for several years, but now are disillusioned and lack hope that it will get better. 

I feel bad for these folks, and I feel a lot of what they express. 

Yup, these are veteran players who like/liked the game. All the people poking fun at these kinds of posts are nitwits. I always wonder how many players we are losing who never bother with a forum post... If forum posters represent about 8% of the player base, I suppose we could infer we lose a heck of a lot of players for every one who bothers to write an "I Quit" post... 

• Cool 2

[AXANR]
Members
209 posts
3,411 battles

to OP,

Farewell, and I can't say that I blame ya.

Albeit, you could just switch to total F2P and quit with your wallet instead, if you can.

I have been playing F2P now for more than 2 years since they started nerfing ships and making bad decisions steering the game in to worse situation. I do stick around and still share my feedback. but not spending any money on the game, and pretty much playing casually among other games.  Maybe WG will wake up one day and make this game fun and engaging again.

or, another Naval game will come along...

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,217 battles

@Pugilistic It isn't going to get better. So any of these "I Quit" posters may as well just quit and have WG delete their account. That way they wont be coming back in a week or so complaining about the same old dudilum squat.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,260 posts
12,376 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

since you can install again and pick up where you left off

Ha. it takes way too many hours to DL this game. those post DL patches made me feel like I was reinstalling windows 98

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,217 battles

@skillztowin Well la de da da! If one is posting that they are quitting for senseless reasons they need to quit all the way. If they want to return let them start from scratch. Then they will have that to gripe about.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,260 posts
12,376 battles

@CAPTMUDDXX just making light in a dark topic. my clan took a hit from the changes many went straight idle without notice after the patch with cvs dropped. We are nearly full ranks, but we are approximately 30% new recruits. I do a lot of my recruiting through looking at post game summaries. I have noticed a pattern where the teams are made of captains with less than 500 battles played, or over 5K  and not much in between. 

Members
1 post
1,837 battles

Almost to that point.  Game has evidence of multiple hacks.  Shells hitting every time faster and faster firing.  Torps out of nowhere, no ship or bomber to shoot them.

Members
3,832 posts
13,788 battles
3 minutes ago, Bad_Lieutenant_1 said:

Shells hitting every time faster and faster firing.  Torps out of nowhere, no ship or bomber to shoot them.

Like, what do you mean here? 

edit: different ships, have different firing velocities and rate of firing. Torps have ranges of 10+ km in higher tiers, and the concealment of most DDs at those tiers allow for "stealth torping" some cruisers can even do it.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
4 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Hu0FtIM.gif

More of of the same pointless dribble from your end, NW. Is this a personal pastime of yours - loitering on the forums, waiting with baited breath to make your singular 'contribution' in taking potshots when people ruffle your feathers by walking away from this product?

I don't typically throw this word around when it relates to people being blindly supportive of this game, but it is warranted here: you are a shill.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RG-1]
Members
65 posts
4,516 battles
32 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Like, what do you mean here? 

edit: different ships, have different firing velocities. Torps have ranges. 

These are the people that don't have last position checked on the mini map, get surprised by deepwater torps while sailing in a straight line or parked behind an island, and instead of owning the potatoness they blame it on hacks. Because obviously they would be 70% WR pros if it wasn't for all these dang hacks. The average team is so potato, it's funny to me that anyone thinks people are hacking.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
6 minutes ago, DancingOutlaw said:

These are the people that don't have last position checked on the mini map, get surprised by deepwater torps while sailing in a straight line or parked behind an island, and instead of owning the potatoness they blame it on hacks. Because obviously they would be 70% WR pros if it wasn't for all these dang hacks. The average team is so potato, it's funny to me that anyone thinks people are hacking.

One thing I have seen a lot recently is shells completely disappearing - like entire salvos not showing up. I'm pretty certain it's a bug and not a hack, but it is damned annoying.

[RG-1]
Members
65 posts
4,516 battles
2 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

One thing I have seen a lot recently is shells completely disappearing - like entire salvos not showing up. I'm pretty certain it's a bug and not a hack, but it is damned annoying.

I found that if your guns are obstructed but you're zoomed in it doesn't always tell you. I've had the same thing, firing shells and they land all around or on the target for no hits. If you zoom out you see all your shells hitting terrain. But if you zoom in it shows them flying to the target and doing nothing. I noticed it on Sleeping Giant firing from the east side of the mountains at A into ships on the 2 line. Did it for a good minute before I figured it out.