You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NK_33

Does Anyone Use the Target Acquisition System Upgrade?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
572 posts
11,416 battles

As noted, does anyone use the TAS?  If so on what class of ships?

I use it on some battleships, but it's never on any recommended lists 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,103 posts
24,439 battles

I used TASM1 when I was a newbie and didn't know better.

CSM1 is just far superior.  Concealment especially with full stealth is very useful in controlling engagements, and there's the little dispersion penalty that your attackers have to deal with.  The latter isn't much but altogether, it's better than what you get back from TASM1.

IMO, TASM1 needs to be changed to be more useful.  Maybe:

+ Increase the proximity spotting range with TASM1 a bit

and

+ Improve Sigma, Accuracy of all guns and increased AA Efficiency

The defensive benefits of CSM1 are just vastly superior.  I'd rather have TASM1 be changed for the ones who desire increased offensive capability compared to the defensive benefits of CSM1.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,064 battles

Depends... If you're in a knife fight ship  TAS is a Cool adv to have... You Can see them before they Can see you.

In Cruisers to give you a heads up on who is sneaking up on you to radar/hydro them up

BBs rarely do I use TAS...  in a BB I think Concealment is your best bet..

• Meh 1

[187]
Members
1,632 posts
12,415 battles

If your specing a ship for long range battles in like a Yamato with the range module so your shooting over 30 km...it can help in early detection of torpedos so when you are focusing on a target and see the torpedo alert it can help in being able to determine a course of action soon enough to be able to do that....not many instances where you will find this useful but there are some.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,436 posts
20,556 battles

Somehow I always run into people in IJN destroyers who are using them. 99% of the time they get outspotted and smashed for making that choice. 1% of the time, it's super annoying when I'm suddenly prox spotted through an island and can't spot the other ship back.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,084 battles
33 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

In Cruisers to give you a heads up on who is sneaking up on you to radar/hydro them up

RDF CO skill gives you a better means of locating the closest ship. TASM only increases the awareness an extra kilometer. the only ship class I can see it being useful now are CV's. Just park behind an island and you have increased awareness.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,213 posts
21,615 battles

As Flabass and Flamu are famous for saying:

Of course the Tirpitz is running aquisition....

Seems to be a EU thing.

I believe it helps hydro ships most.

• Boring 1

[FML]
Members
4,077 posts
15,845 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

used TASM1 when I was a newbie and didn't know better

I still am a newbie, and that is why...

2 hours ago, NK_33 said:

As noted, does anyone use the TAS?  If so on what class of ships?

I use it on some battleships, but it's never on any recommended lists 

I use TASM on my Tirpitz. I figure I’m going to be spotted anyway, and being forward means the risk of torps is higher. But tbh, it was hilarious in T8 Ranked, where I could charge a DD in their smoke, Prox spot them and slaughter them with point blank secondaries and smoke whilst they couldn’t spot me :-D

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,929 battles
3 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Somehow I always run into people in IJN destroyers who are using them. 99% of the time they get outspotted and smashed for making that choice. 1% of the time, it's super annoying when I'm suddenly prox spotted through an island and can't spot the other ship back.

Yes, but when it's a BB that's got your DD spotted, it's kind of nice that he knows his fate is sealed and is about to get dev struck.

It is a dumb feature though.