You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Scooter225

Tier III Cruisers ( Kolberg & Bogatyr )

13 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
432 battles

This just from my perspective, Why are these 2 ships still in the Tech Tree ? They serve no purpose since CV's got GOD abilities, they have no AA at all, now everyone skips over these ships climbing up the Tech Tree. I know I am new to the Game but some of my clan mates are also asking why are these ships here, replace them with something else Tier III with AA.

By the way, these both used to be great ships at Tier a lot of fun to play, but now redundant in game play with 2 CV's most of the time on the Red side.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
21,715 posts
15,757 battles
Just now, Scooter225 said:

This just from my perspective, Why are these 2 ships still in the Tech Tree ? They serve no purpose since CV's got GOD abilities, they have no AA at all, now everyone skips over these ships climbing up the Tech Tree. I know I am new to the Game but some of my clan mates are also asking why are these ships here, replace them with something else Tier III with AA.

By the way, these both used to be great ships at Tier a lot of fun to play, but now redundant in game play with 2 CV's most of the time on the Red side.

Yes, it's painful. But what makes you think it was any  better beforehand? Back then, single carriers could attack you with two groups at once (cross-torp was possible from Hosho). One carrier in the game then was as bad as two now, and possibly worse. 

With only 237 battles, I'm not sure you've been around long enough to comment on how they used to be great ships.

I should note that I have had my Hosho SUNK by Bogatyrs and other low-tier cruisers, so your accusation of God abilities and invulnerability is a straight-out lie.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
711 posts
29,918 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes, it's painful. But what makes you think it was any  better beforehand? Back then, single carriers could attack you with two groups at once (cross-torp was possible from Hosho). One carrier in the game then was as bad as two now, and possibly worse. 

With only 237 battles, I'm not sure you've been around long enough to comment on how they used to be great ships.

I should note that I have had my Hosho SUNK by Bogatyrs and other low-tier cruisers, so your accusation of God abilities and invulnerability is a straight-out lie.

I used to play my Bogy a lot. In all fairness you didn’t see 2 CVs in every match before the rework. Since the rework I quit playing it. Not because CVs are OP, because they make it a pain to play a battle. It’s like trying to enjoy the outdoors while getting attacked by mosquitoes. Not fun.  

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,217 battles

@Scooter225 They didn't have AA pre garbage CV rework so why should they have it now?

They have none because they actually had none. 

Get over it and move on.

• Meh 3

[ARGSY]
Members
21,715 posts
15,757 battles
2 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

In all fairness you didn’t see 2 CVs in every match before the rework.

I think part of the problem is the even-tier thing. Nobody stayed in the Langley or Hosho for very long because the Bogue and Zuiho were not that far away, and it wasn't actually that hard to do good damage against bots and reap some decent rewards. T5 was a chokepoint because you were up against T6 carriers that could hammer you (especially after strafe and manual drops were removed from T4/5), but Bogatyrs never had to see that unless they fail-divved.

Now everyone who started CV post-rework is in a Tier 4 carrier for an age, flogging the hell out of it in Randoms because Co-op just isn't profitable for XP any more. That's what's producing the massive CV glut at T4, to which T3 players are exposed.

Members
563 posts
16,124 battles

To be honest, even though there is a lot of sky cancer at tier 4, those CVs are pretty crap.  They do such pitiful damage that the occasional strike is just an annoyance. If they decide they want to focus you, they’ll kill you, but they would do the same (and probably faster) before the rework.  And tier 4 was the place before the rework that CVs WERE still pretty prevalent.  I still take my Bogatyr out when I feel like farting around in lower tiers.  Charleston is a load of fun as well, and it doesn’t have any AA to speak of either...not zero like Bog and Kolberg, but so little that it doesn’t matter.   Kolberg on the other hand I never liked.   Those little pop guns take 400 hits to do 10k damage to anything, and they make USN cruiser guns look like rail guns.  They can take Kolberg out, burn it, put the ashes into a rocket and fire that rocket into the sun for all of me.  

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,912 battles
3 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Scooter225 They didn't have AA pre garbage CV rework so why should they have it now?

They have none because they actually had none. 

Get over it and move on.

That is untrue. The Bogaytr, in real life, has AA and on the Oleg it is actually rendered on the ship, as in you can SEE the AA guns.

Plus, the entire concept that a ship lacking AA in real life means the ship should not have AA in the game is absurd. The reason why ships didn't have AA is because they never had to face planes. There are entire decades of ships that never fought planes, because aviation was not advanced enough. The moment nations faced planes attacking ships they added AA, and in this game, ships face planes all the time. The response to that threat would be to add AA.

Edit to make it clear that when refering to the AA on teh Bogaytr I mean the historical ship, not the one in game which has 0 AA.

Edited by Xanthro

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,680 posts
35,894 battles

Bogatyr is a fine ship. Granted AA is definitely not its strong suit so it suffers in this new world. I do not know if I would play it now. It is in  my port but it has been a while (soame with my St. Louis).

Just came from a T4 battle with a couple of T3s thrown in for good measure. CVs? Only six. Yikes! Yes, three CVs per side! Come on WG! Seriously? Six?

Luckily I was in Yubari (the only AA platform at the tier), and killed one CV and 31 planes (in fact I had the only plane kills fo the match). We won and I came first, needless to say as I was <ahem>clubbing</ahem>). The reason I went T4 is because I was tired of fighting CVs at T7+ so I figured Yubari will be enough protection for a T4 CV if it shows up. But six? WG you listening? Do something! One per side is enough!

[RLGN]
Members
14,949 posts
26,483 battles

Bogatyr still exist because it is an HE spamming fool like St Louis.

It still exists because it is perfectly capable of surviving against T4 carriers, though admittedly, experience is what allows that.

Same thing with battleships against a destroyer; South Carolina, for example, is perfectly capable of killing even higher tier destroyers.

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
609 posts
3,903 battles

Kolberg is still a wonderful little flame thrower that turns like a DD. All the WW1 ships struggle with planes, just have to evade or buddy up.

[HMKZ]
[HMKZ]
Members
57 posts
2 hours ago, Scooter225 said:

Account is 2 hours old, you say you're new, and you don't have any matches in Bogatyr yet you say this o.O

Also if you think T4 carriers are "GOD" try again...

• Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,715 posts
15,757 battles
37 minutes ago, TwintailTickler said:

Account is 2 hours old, you say you're new, and you don't have any matches in Bogatyr yet you say this o.O

Also if you think T4 carriers are "GOD" try again...

If that's the case, I smell Reroll Troll.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[SOV]
Members
4,696 posts
3 hours ago, Scooter225 said:

Hummm...t4 CV god abilities......Hummm.......

You have never played a CV ever... T4 cc are garbage.