You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Hack or Glitch? My enemy has 3 squads of fighters and 1 squad of torps + 1 squad of bombers

28 comments in this topic

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles

So I checked the other team. Only 1 CV. Unless of course some funky mogami managed to bring her own fighter squadron...

Edit: there were 3 ICONs. That's how I decided there were 3 squads of fighters.

Edited by AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
268 posts
8,296 battles

Replay?

Without seeing: Sounds like, fighter active from plane consumable, fighter active from CV and another ship.

Squad of torp planes going back to CV (recalled) while a fresh squad of bombers just took off. (Or similar)

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
21,693 posts
15,738 battles

You can have in flight at any one time:

1) CAP fighters dropped by active group.

2) Active group.

3) Attack group deployed with active group circling

4) Planes returning to base after attack.

If you look at that secondhand, it looks for all the world like the CV has three strike groups aloft plus fighters.

• Cool 1

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles
11 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

Replay?

Without seeing: Sounds like, fighter active from plane consumable, fighter active from CV and another ship.

Squad of torp planes going back to CV (recalled) while a fresh squad of bombers just took off. (Or similar)

Nothing like that.

It was hack then.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,495 posts
24,849 battles
11 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Nothing like that.

It was hack then.

Hacking cant reprogram the game.... plus how in the world would someone fly two sets of planes at once?

See below:

19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

2) Active group.

If you look at that secondhand, it looks for all the world like the CV has three strike groups aloft plus fighters

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

2) Active group.

If you look at that secondhand, it looks for all the world like the CV has three strike groups aloft plus fighters.

Pretty much this..You also have to account for the fact that after an attack, the squad splits. It will look like multiple squads on your minimap as the minimap only shows plane type, not count. If you launch a plane to the far end of the map and then hit F to recall then launch a second set and fly it near the front lines, it may appear that the CV has multiple squads as well. 

Members
782 posts
62 battles
41 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

So I checked the other team. Only 1 CV. Unless of course some funky mogami managed to bring her own fighter squadron...

Nope that‘s ship based fighters. Looks similar at distance and can be misleading. I think I fell for it once before  

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,445 posts
20,649 battles
46 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Sounds like you were seeing catapult fighters launched off of ships. CV fighters have big shaded circles under them, catapult fighters don't (but have the same crosshair icon on the minimap). If you point your camera at them and have the full interface turned on, you will see the name of the ship that owns them.

Edited by Edgecase

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles
5 minutes ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Nope that‘s ship based fighters. Looks similar at distance and can be misleading. I think I fell for it once before  

Machinegun Belt-fed Ammo ICON. Unmistakable. All 3 of them.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,123 battles

Heyo Captain,

I would like to investigate deeper into what you believe is occurring. Your game will have replays enabled as default and you can find them in the game directory, for example mine is located: 

C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA\replays

Could you drop this replay that you believe is showing this issue and we can investigate.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,436 posts
4,198 battles

There's no way some has written a hack that reverts to the RTS style, which is what you say you're seeing.

The fighters could be dropped. While it would be hard, I think it's possible to get 2 or maybe even three fighter squads dropped at once. But I'm guessing you're confusing ship or CV launched fighters as well.

I'm guessing that the DBs and TBs are a the active squad and the returning squad. The new mechanics allow there to be a lot of planes in the air, but only one of them is player controlled. Very easy to confuse what planes are what.

A replay or even a screenshot will allow us to see what's going on.

Members
284 posts
4,672 battles

If your quick and the CV is close you can have 3 fighters up yourself  , plus the ship fighter and any supporting ship fighters,  recalled planes show on map and active squad

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

Attack PLanes, Torpedo Bombers, Dive Bombers, and the ship itself, are all capable of putting a fighter squadron into the air. As a result, it is possible for a single ship to have 4 fighter squadrons in the air, at a single moment. That explains the three fighter squadrons you're seeing.

As for seeing torpedo bombers and Dive Bombers being in the air simultaneously: Aircraft that are recalled by the CV player pressing F, linger for a moment, before disappearing off the minimap. The time they linger is long enough for the cv player to recall, launch another squadron, and have that squadron get detected, before the lingering squad finally starts their return trip  home.

[PRAVD]
Members
109 posts
2,894 battles

It's very much possible to get 3 squads of fighters out, granted it is a massive waste. Earlier today, I was in my GZ, and took two massive 18k alpha damage hits from a saipan who was attempting to snipe me. I was down to 13k HP, and started deploying different squadrons and instantly recalling to scramble their fighters to defend me from the CV that was attempting to snipe, as my autodeployed fighters werent cutting it. (shot down 4/6 of the enemy bombers while the last two successfully were deleting my hp)

Just from personal experience, I know that this is possible in such a circumstance. Of course, you could always be delusional and be referring to something completely different.

Members
159 posts
9,520 battles
On 6/11/2019 at 8:51 AM, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

You can absolutely have multiple fighters/attack planes in air. 

I am assuming this is some kind of end game scenario where he is protecting himself or another ship nearby. 

Bombers up, drop a fighter. Bomber drops and is returning to the CV. You see that icon briefly on the mini map when the attacking squadron separates from the full squadron. So briefly, there are two attack squadrons plus the fighter on the mini map. 

Lets say he recalls those. That first fighter has like a 40 second loiter time so it’s still up. With the torpedos he brings out, he can drop another fighter putting two in the same area. If his CV happens to be close and your attacking the on call fighter would go up potentially putting three fighters up at the same time. 

It’s not a hack. Your just not understanding the visualization of what is occurring on the mini map.

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,552 battles
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

2) Active group.

Just to add to this, you can also have the CAP auto-deployed by the CV in the air. I'm not sure, but you may also be able to deploy more than one cap from the active group by rapidly switching and launching a new type of attack group. I've never had a reason to do that but I can think of circumstances where it is useful. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,690 posts
7,094 battles

Doesn't matter how many squads are in flight...it can be a lot.   CV pilot is only in control of one of them.  

[ARGSY]
Members
21,693 posts
15,738 battles
9 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Just to add to this, you can also have the CAP auto-deployed by the CV in the air.

True, but that will be seen local to the carrier and not in action over hostile ships. OP's issue was mostly with seeing multiple attack-flight icons up at once with only one enemy CV in game.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,445 posts
20,649 battles
35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

True, but that will be seen local to the carrier and not in action over hostile ships. OP's issue was mostly with seeing multiple attack-flight icons up at once with only one enemy CV in game.

I'd avoid giving it too much thought. OP appears to either be playing on the orphaned China-affiliate server which is still using a pre-rework RTS version of the game, or is straight up lying (or a spambot):

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,663 battles
51 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I'd avoid giving it too much thought. OP appears to either be playing on the orphaned China-affiliate server which is still using a pre-rework RTS version of the game, or is straight up lying (or a spambot):

Image result for this is gold jerry gif

In the Pre-CV Rework days, 3 fighters + 1 torpedo bomber + 1 DB squad is what Ryujo had in the Air Superiority Spec.  An old Aerroon video from 2017 showing this in action.

No single CV can do that anymore.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,008 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Image result for this is gold jerry gif

In the Pre-CV Rework days, 3 fighters + 1 torpedo bomber + 1 DB squad is what Ryujo had in the Air Superiority Spec.  An old Aerroon video from 2017 showing this in action.

No single CV can do that anymore.

On this server...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,244 posts
24,663 battles
3 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

On this server...

Which is funny, because the OP is whining to us about it.  That state of WoWS hasn't existed for NA, Asia, EU, RU Servers since February 2019.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway