Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Has anyone ever citted a BB in a DD?

16 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,362 battles

Yes, many times. In older battleships with casemate guns you can hit the battleship through the casemates and hit the Citadel. 

For some reason the Russian tier 5 is vulnerable to HE cits in the stern. I recalled doing it with a dd a week ago...

[KIA-C]
Members
3,554 posts
15,650 battles
Just now, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

No!.... with torps?

With main guns. But don't take it too seriously, I've seen a player share a screen where he killed a FDG in his NC using a torps so....

DD guns may be able to citadel BB by shooting under their guns, if they have enough pen (which usually means against full broadside target at close range) but it's more RNG than anything else.

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
611 posts
6,586 battles
3 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

No!.... with torps?

Nope, with AP at close range. The thread is on the first page right now. 

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
7 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

There was a thread recently about a Harugamo detonating a GK last week I think.  

A Detonation is not a Cit.. Big difference.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

I got a citadel on a Montana in a fletcher once. It was at long range I forgot I even had ap loaded. The other for shots shattered. It was a while ago though 

Basically the speculation. is that sometimes once in a while a shot either finds a 1/1mlion path to the citadel or it glitches and just has infinity pen. ( I must state again that this is unconfirmed) 

It’s also possible for there to be bugs in the armor. Izumo for example had it’s citadel hit his extend two meters further than the citadel armor. This meant any ship (even dds) could shoot it in the right spot and chain citadel hits like crazy. That particular one was patched years ago but it’s possible less critical errors exist. 

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

Soyuz has an armor hole in it somewhere. Gotten a few citadels on them.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

If it has happened it's obviously an extremely rare occurrence. That said, I feel it's time for some warship mythbusters. Quick! What's the tier 7 destroyer with the best AP? I want to try and citadel Peter the Leaky!

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles
2 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Eh?

I'm surprised that not more people criticise your asinine opening posts.

• Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,680 posts
35,910 battles

My Pyotr was detonated yesterday by a Nicholas torpedo. Fun - Not!

I was already at 108k damage and came first on  a loss (team was made of potatoes). I could've done much more damage, as I had some targets in sight and I did wreck the DD with AP before the det, but RNG decided to offer a fun and engaging moment. All my DDs run det flags. BBs? Why would I? <sigh>

I did cit RU BBs in the past with AP from a DD. Minsk and Leningrad can do it given the right distance, angle, and RNG collaboration. I think I did it once with Anshan too, but don't remember.

Edited by alexf24

Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles

I cit an Amagi around 12km away in Groz about 4 weeks back. I did not get a screen cap from the replay if I recall correctly and the Amagi was slightly angled. I remember laughing and saying it was [edited] as it happened.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
5 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Eh?

I've done it a few times with a Khaba. Interestingly on the barbette, which is often overlooked as part of the citadel. I've done the same thing with the Mino a number of times, usually from the front. It is very hard to reproduce even in the training room but some hits to the barbettes do register as cits.

Members
941 posts
4,088 battles

My friend long ago told me that he citadeled a Wyoming with Isokaze's HE shells. However, I doubt it, since quantum mechanics should deny such an event from occurring

[SBS]
Members
6,115 posts
9 hours ago, Landsraad said:

If it has happened it's obviously an extremely rare occurrence. That said, I feel it's time for some warship mythbusters. Quick! What's the tier 7 destroyer with the best AP? I want to try and citadel Peter the Leaky!

Z-39, it might be able to cit T5 BBs??

Sign in to follow this