You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jubelum

Players abusing reports to punish CV players

29 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
1,580 battles

I was just playing a game in my Colorado, and I was remarking about how few CVs I see in games outside of when I play them myself.

So this guy immediately says he's going to report me for being a CV player. I'm kinda laughing, what a joke right? Why would WG punish people just for being a CV player, I mean there has to be some kind of mechanism in place to make sure people aren't abusing the report system just to punish other players right?

Wrong.

I'm immediately chat banned just because some moron hates CV players. I'm not even playing my CV, I'm playing a Colorado, but just because this guy is spiteful I get a friggin chat ban.

People who do this should absolutely LOSE THEIR ACCOUNTS. I don't care, this is a ridiculous abuse of the system and I didn't put money into this game to support the development just to be harassed in this manner by salty little c***s who don't even understand how weak CVs are.

1612473325_ChatBan2.jpg.87258d8f1a4c2f0c5a9b1bb974a469ca.jpg1267078702_ChatBan.jpg.c6a7e7e993bb4f7d1e5fa6fdc50d5780.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Members
8 posts
1,580 battles

I should also mention that this has been going on for awhile. I would get chat banned without really knowing why. Sure I talk crap sometimes, everyone does, but people have been reporting me just for playing my CV.

• Meh 1

[JMMAF]
Members
528 posts
8,764 battles

very odd. People get reported all the time. I have never heard of that happening to someone mid game.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,420 posts
5,295 battles

Nah...doesn't add up. I play a CV frequently lately and i've gotten my share of hate for playing one but chat ban just for being a CV? You must have said something to get it that bad.

And i get a lot of karma playing one too i might add. Maybe because i always try to support my team with spotting over damage farming every second maybe? I dunno it's weird.

Edited by xalmgrey

[KIA-C]
Members
3,551 posts
15,600 battles

I've played quite a lot of CV game since the rework and I still failed to get a single chatban.

Anyway, you should just send a ticket to the support team with the screenshot. That's the best you can do anyway

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,119 posts
14,728 battles

People have been abusing the chat report for, well since the system was instituted. If you feel your chat history, not just that game is clean because it takes several chat reports over several matches, start a ticket with support. The ban will be over before the ticket is resolved but if they agree with you it will be removed from your history.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,300 battles
3 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

very odd. People get reported all the time. I have never heard of that happening to someone mid game.

If, in midgame, you exceed a certain threshold of chat reports, you will be chat banned. I have been chat banned in mid game a couple of times. What happened was that the report the OP refers to exceeded that threshold, and he was banned. 

Members
8 posts
1,580 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

Nah...doesn't add up. I play a CV frequently lately and i've gotten my share of hate for playing one but chat ban just for being a CV? You must have said something to get it that bad.

Nope, what you see in the screens is exactly what happened.

I mentioned that I usually play CVs, and then I said "Now that I'm playing my BB, I found few or no matches with CVs in them."

Then AnimaL21 comes in and says "Oh good a CV player, I even have an extra report."

And then very next time I try to speak, I get the message that I've been chat banned.

He's probably not the only one to abuse the report system against me in this way, I spent the last two days leveling up my Lexington to get the Midway and I've seen a number of similar statements from players alluding to using the report system as revenge against CV players.

• Meh 2

[PQUOD]
Members
2,420 posts
5,295 battles
Just now, Jubelum said:

I mentioned that I usually play CVs, and then I said "Now that I'm playing my BB, I found few or no matches with CVs in them."

Then AnimaL21 comes in and says "Oh good a CV player, I even have an extra report."

And then very next time I try to speak, I get the message that I've been chat banned.

He's probably not the only one to abuse the report system against me in this way, I spent the last two days leveling up my Lexington to get the Midway and I've seen a number of similar statements from players alluding to using the report system as revenge against CV players.

If that's the case just follow what Brush said and you should be good to go.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

I'm thinking some people read up on the report system and figured "plays poorly" doesn't do anything, AFK can be auto dismissed and usually so is bad sport. However an "abuse of chat" report can only be auto thrown out if the player did not use chat at all in the game. Therefore, if you want people to feel consequences, you report them for abuse in chat.

I should probably mention at this point that there are consequences for abusing the report system if you're caught. 

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
1,580 battles
Just now, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I'm thinking some people read up on the report system and figured "plays poorly" doesn't do anything, AFK can be auto dismissed and usually so is bad sport. However an "abuse of chat" report can only be auto thrown out if the player did not use chat at all in the game. Therefore, if you want people to feel consequences, you report them for abuse in chat.

I should probably mention at this point that there are consequences for abusing the report system if you're caught. 

Well I have screenshots, and I have submitted a ticket to customer support so hopefully this individual gets a hefty consequence.

• Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,119 posts
14,728 battles
22 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

It can be thrown out if the played did not abuse chat over the several, at least two, matches that it takes for the auto ban to trigger. They have access to the chat logs and if they prove what the ticket claims the ban will be removed from the players record so they are not liable for longer bans in the future. As far as I understand the system only the 24 hour ban which the OP got is automatic and that it takes a human to look over the logs for anything longer.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,032 posts
12,625 battles
1 hour ago, Jubelum said:

I should also mention that this has been going on for awhile. I would get chat banned without really knowing why. Sure I talk crap sometimes, everyone does, but people have been reporting me just for playing my CV.

I have been in four or five games where a player (not the same person every time) calls for a report against the CV for no reason. On a personal level, I do not (cannot) play CV's, but as a result of the ridiculous 'hate' for CV's I always give them good 'karma' (unless they really are bad), even if the CV play is mediocre.

CV's have been so nerfed, that they are beyond weak. How would the BB, for example, drivers feel if their fire power was reduced by 50%?

[SOAR]
Members
317 posts
5,141 battles

Haven't been chat banned but have definitely lost a bunch of hard earned karma just for playing CV, with people even telling me they're reporting me simply for that.

It's annoying but I don't think karma is worth very much anyways.

I agree though, reporting simply based on ship class is something that needs to stop, but it would be very difficult to pinpoint that was the reason in a lot of cases.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,973 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

People have been abusing the chat report for, well since the system was instituted.

This is the one thing in this post I am positive of; that any mechanism for reporting players will be abused. If it weren't for the foolio consequences I would say forget about it, but since he got chat banned, it's good that OP filed the report. I've had positive responses from support and hope you can say the same when this is over. Good luck.

• Cool 1

[NH]
Members
1,792 posts
1 hour ago, Jubelum said:

I was just playing a game in my Colorado, and I was remarking about how few CVs I see in games outside of when I play them myself.

So this guy immediately says he's going to report me for being a CV player. I'm kinda laughing, what a joke right? Why would WG punish people just for being a CV player, I mean there has to be some kind of mechanism in place to make sure people aren't abusing the report system just to punish other players right?

Wrong.

I'm immediately chat banned just because some moron hates CV players. I'm not even playing my CV, I'm playing a Colorado, but just because this guy is spiteful I get a friggin chat ban.

People who do this should absolutely LOSE THEIR ACCOUNTS. I don't care, this is a ridiculous abuse of the system and I didn't put money into this game to support the development just to be harassed in this manner by salty little c***s who don't even understand how weak CVs are.

1612473325_ChatBan2.jpg.87258d8f1a4c2f0c5a9b1bb974a469ca.jpg1267078702_ChatBan.jpg.c6a7e7e993bb4f7d1e5fa6fdc50d5780.jpg

I have also experienced this issue as well and posted about it. What most folks whom may say to move on dont understand that this also bans you from using clan chat. That does not make any sense and clan thought I was ignoring them all day when trying to organize a battle.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
19,594 battles

Most of the time chat is useless and talk to player base even more useless. 

I would like to have perma closed chat in game.

Thanks God I only play coop:cap_haloween:

[WOLFC]
Members
1,993 posts
10,430 battles

I make a habit of reporting the players who call for reporting or TKing of CVs in chat, either for misbehavior in chat or unsportsmanlike conduct. Turn around is fair play, right?

And I don't even play CVs.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

playing a cv is kinda like fight club 

You don't talk about it cause the dd mafia rages.

• Funny 2

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
54 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

You laugh, but they had to remove inter-team chat from WoT because of, among likely a whole laundry list of reasons, aft-holes over on the EU server. From what I heard "kill yourself" was a pretty mild insult over there.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
19,594 battles
43 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

You laugh, but they had to remove inter-team chat from WoT because of, among likely a whole laundry list of reasons, aft-holes over on the EU server. From what I heard "kill yourself" was a pretty mild insult over there.

I was in wot years ago. 

Try to image why I leave?

MMORPG are a lot better as player base.

I enter wows just because there is coop.

Fast and quite no toxic

Regards

[WORX]
Members
11,395 posts
19,183 battles

Considering it takes alot to achieve what the  OP posted. I am more of the line of the OP had it coming..

Calling for actions against people for reporting him after achieving a well deserve ban is in my opinion crying over sour milk.

Members
6,737 posts
21,145 battles

I get chat banned all the time. Sometimes it's a blessing, it saves me from doing my duty of trying to help a clueless player or division from making game losing mistakes. It's a vacation from trying to help the video game challenged.

Hey dd, wearing camo helps your detection, reported.

Hey BB, switch to AP when they show their sides... reported.

Hey CV, we have a lot of BB's please try to spot their Asashio… reported.

Hey CA, popping Radar when the closest dd is still 20k away at the 19:15 mark of the game won't help.... reported.

Granted, no one I believe enjoys being told what to do by someone named Sweetsie, I have changed my name a few times and my bans did drop..... but being chatbanned is a blessing.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
5 hours ago, Jubelum said:

Poor form naming the player here. Maybe you deserve a forum ban too.

[HKC]
Members
647 posts
3 hours ago, Mikebello said:

Most of the time chat is useless and talk to player base even more useless. 

Out of curiosity: how can you stand to play only coop?    Don't the ships just drive in straight lines most of the time? And the DDs just drop smoke that they don't use.  Seems like that would get old real quick. Just wondering.

• Boring 1