Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Such a HUGE difference in fun and mood.

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,822
[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,401 posts

 

This is about enjoyment... I know that is a tough concept for the upcoming haters but if people  (other than CV mains ) don't start enjoying this game again ....well ...remember MYSPACE?

Been playing randoms today.. BBs CL CA and DD.  I Love DD  play too and it seemed like there were less CVs today.. Having a blast !!!  Round before last EPIC ..Great teamwork , great tactics. BBs fighting DDs supporting and denials .. CA sneaking in to blast away..................even got a nice torp kill..GREAT GAME!!!!  The kind you wanna grab a beer after.

Next game.. 2 CVS..50% HP gone before I even make it to spotting distance ,,,75% gone 10 seconds later crippled had to pop smoke... DONE...  

Now I play CVs to ...don't like it much because it's kinda boring and a tad too easy but unless WG makes it so you can play in at least SINGLE CV games , this game will never be as fun as it can be.  What you never hear is WOW I LOVE trying to fight while rockets are blasting away my HP so I never get the chance to use my BRAIN and TACTICS and battle the surface ships.

 

I am not sure why CV people are so pissed about changes.. How can this be made any easier and more like a kiddie arcade experience??  What was it like before??

I don't care what you say.  Bragging about being good at CVs is about as lame as it gets.  They are the easiest thing to play here.  Brag all you want but it's true.  WG tried to mix 2 completely different game as one and failed miserably IMHO

 

For those who don't know, I don't come back to posts to read the childish comments and count negative passive aggressive reps.  I know some agree and some will flame because I tell the truth.  You know it's true..it's why they play CV..The least risk and skill required.  Have a great day

 

Col out

  • Cool 16
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,801
[SALVO]
Members
25,515 posts
27,504 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

 

This is about enjoyment... I know that is a tough concept for the upcoming haters but if people  (other than CV mains ) don't start enjoying this game again ....well ...remember MYSPACE?

Been playing randoms today.. BBs CL CA and DD.  I Love DD  play too and it seemed like there were less CVs today.. Having a blast !!!  Round before last EPIC ..Great teamwork , great tactics. BBs fighting DDs supporting and denials .. CA sneaking in to blast away..................even got a nice torp kill..GREAT GAME!!!!  The kind you wanna grab a beer after.

Next game.. 2 CVS..50% HP gone before I even make it to spotting distance ,,,75% gone 10 seconds later crippled had to pop smoke... DONE...  

Now I play CVs to ...don't like it much because it's kinda boring and a tad too easy but unless WG makes it so you can play in at least SINGLE CV games , this game will never be as fun as it can be.  What you never hear is WOW I LOVE trying to fight while rockets are blasting away my HP so I never get the chance to use my BRAIN and TACTICS and battle the surface ships.

 

I am not sure why CV people are so pissed about changes.. How can this be made any easier and more like a kiddie arcade experience??  What was it like before??

I don't care what you say.  Bragging about being good at CVs is about as lame as it gets.  They are the easiest thing to play here.  Brag all you want but it's true.  WG tried to mix 2 completely different game as one and failed miserably IMHO

 

For those who don't know, I don't come back to posts to read the childish comments and count negative passive aggressive reps.  I know some agree and some will flame because I tell the truth.  You know it's true..it's why they play CV..The least risk and skill required.  Have a great day

 

Col out

If you don't care what people think, then don't bother posting on an internet forum.  Internet forums are places for DISCUSSION!!!

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,815
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,503 posts
24,881 battles

Yes, no skill in learning drop heights for AP bombs, lead for torpedoes, or target selection. No learning to throttle or flak patterns. Just bow in, put the white line at the water line and shoot or park behind a low island and hold down the right mouse button.

What are you even talking about? CV is the most active game play there is compared to the turtle race of larger ships. 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,213
[WMD]
Members
1,765 posts
10,044 battles
11 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Yes, no skill in learning drop heights for AP bombs, lead for torpedoes, or target selection. No learning to throttle or flak patterns. Just bow in, put the white line at the water line and shoot or park behind a low island and hold down the right mouse button.

What are you even talking about? CV is the most active game play there is compared to the turtle race of larger ships. 

Active, but low risk. 

You always have something to do, even if you YOLO your Sqn into a strong AA cluster you just launch a different Sqn and try a different target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,281
[RLGN]
Members
14,954 posts
26,484 battles
11 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

CV is the most active game play there is compared to the turtle race of larger ships. 

I don’t disagree with this at its face value; yet I still find rework carrier gameplay repetitive and dull in the extreme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,725
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,810 posts
17,008 battles

I play them all. CV, BB, CA, CL, DD. I find playing DD in this environment fine. This is a meta that the USN DD's shine in. Carry extra smoke and carry defensive fire. Don't outrun your AA support ships if they are available at the start and just be map aware. If a CV focuses on you, yes, that game may not be your best. However look at the opportunities your opening for the rest of your team. They can carry on without the planes harassing them. Just try to make the best of the situation.

I also personally enjoy playing CV's. Not fond of the latest DB nerf to the USN line but so what, can still rocket at threatening DD's and DB capital ships. I plan on to keep on playing. Creeping up slowly but surely on the 10k matches mark!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
1,889 battles
51 minutes ago, Crucis said:

If you don't care what people think, then don't bother posting on an internet forum.  Internet forums are places for DISCUSSION!!!

Sadly not much discussion happens here most of the time it is just whining and overreacting and if there is some discussion it will turn into whining/complaining or people just attacking each other over a video game

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

remember MYSPACE?

It's amazing what personal information people continue to post on sites like "MyFace." Especially when you read stuff like this:

Quote

 

In May 2016, the data for almost 360 million MySpace accounts was offered on the "Real Deal" dark market website.

Facebook user activity, account names, and IDs that included more than 540 million records were leaked, leaving hundreds of millions of user records exposed on publicly visible cloud servers.

 

 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[WKY12]
Members
799 posts
12,903 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

If you don't care what people think, then don't bother posting on an internet forum.  Internet forums are places for DISCUSSION!!!

Because they are not as smart as they think they are and when they are called out they act like children.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,505
[TWFT]
Members
1,408 posts
38,649 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

If you don't care what people think, then don't bother posting on an internet forum.  Internet forums are places for DISCUSSION!!!

The forum is the place that all players regardless of what they think should be able to go to say what ever they want to say.  It doesn't have to be a discussion, it is a players right to voice what ever opinion they want. 

If you don't like what a player posts then to bad.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
631 posts
6,030 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

Yes, no skill in learning drop heights for AP bombs, lead for torpedoes, or target selection. No learning to throttle or flak patterns. Just bow in, put the white line at the water line and shoot or park behind a low island and hold down the right mouse button.

What are you even talking about? CV is the most active game play there is compared to the turtle race of larger ships. 

Yea, you make this sound a lot harder than it really is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,801
[SALVO]
Members
25,515 posts
27,504 battles
3 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

The forum is the place that all players regardless of what they think should be able to go to say what ever they want to say.  It doesn't have to be a discussion, it is a players right to voice what ever opinion they want. 

If you don't like what a player posts then to bad.

Turbo, I don't care about the rest of his opinion.  My annoyance is with people who write posts and then say how they don't care what other people think, when it's a de facto lie.  You ALWAYS care what others think when you make your opinion public.  You're seeking validation.  If you TRULY didn't care what others think about your opinion, you would keep it to yourself.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,801
[SALVO]
Members
25,515 posts
27,504 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I don’t disagree with this at its face value; yet I still find rework carrier gameplay repetitive and dull in the extreme.

All WoWS game play is repetitive.  That's a total throwaway line.  And I personally found the RTS to be dull in the extreme.  It can never be interesting and exciting when you're just looking at a map table compared to being out there on the battlefield fighting with the rest of the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,281
[RLGN]
Members
14,954 posts
26,484 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It can never be interesting and exciting when you're just looking at a map table compared to being out there on the battlefield fighting with the rest of the players.

As we've said to each other before, that's something we see differently.

I feel I do better as a Halsey at Noumea, than a Willis Lee or Arleigh Burke in The Slot.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,267
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,211 posts
14,758 battles

It sure sounds like you are making it easy for the CV's to attack you. Early in the match you do not want to go off on your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
291
[DIEBL]
Members
650 posts
8,443 battles

I used to play for hours, now down to just hitting the 14k for the first two crates (2 games) and switching to something else.

Shrug, still just waiting for things to settle down between CVs, AA, and Russian BBs.

Hearthstone lost me about 6-8 months ago, hoping I don’t lose this as one of my staple games as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,815
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,503 posts
24,881 battles
8 hours ago, Panic512 said:

Yea, you make this sound a lot harder than it really is.

You haven't played any carriers according to your stats, so exactly how would you know?

Also, which part of this game is hard exactly, in comparison? Shoot broadside targets with AP and HE ships that park bow on? 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,694
[PVE]
Members
4,680 posts
20,642 battles
8 hours ago, Crucis said:

Turbo, I don't care about the rest of his opinion.  My annoyance is with people who write posts and then say how they don't care what other people think, when it's a de facto lie.  You ALWAYS care what others think when you make your opinion public.  You're seeking validation.  If you TRULY didn't care what others think about your opinion, you would keep it to yourself.

I'm not too sure about that....  I've noticed a bunch of "grind w/o quality" efforts these past few weeks.... A few, "let's make this so bad for everyone, they'll have to do something" efforts.  Or, this week:  "the heck with this, let's play this as a first-person-shooter and screw you guys...." in several of the ranked battles I've asked question in and after the matches....  Why did you......type of questions...  Especially, after matches with Carriers;  because, we lost badly and it seemed that everyone "just gave up...."  And, they did !  We lost......because of that.

I'm a bit conflicted and normally, I agree with you....  I'm not sure....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,524
[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
20 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

You haven't played any carriers according to your stats

Maybe he spends the entire PTS playing the hell out of them and you would never know. That being said, it makes people look really bad when they claim to have done something and a look at their record (if not hidden) shows that they clearly didn't (at least on this server).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,815
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,503 posts
24,881 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe he spends the entire PTS playing the hell out of them and you would never know. That being said, it makes people look really bad when they claim to have done something and a look at their record (if not hidden) shows that they clearly didn't (at least on this server).

I dont doubt that there is a potential that he has in some way played them, however, the only way we can tell are his stats which say otherwise. Even if he was playing them on PT Server, that's like playing in Co-Op anymore due to the lack of players and number of bots.

Regardless, too many if the people talk like back seat drivers and wannabe professional coaches sitting on their couches every Sunday during the fall. They just repeat what they're told to by the echo chamber. It's getting silly at this point to be told how things are by people with 0 experience. These are probably the same group that turns bow into dive bombers.

I dont go to a Therapist for a cavity so why should we be listening to this group of people anymore outside of "AA isbt comfortable".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
631 posts
6,030 battles
28 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

You haven't played any carriers according to your stats, so exactly how would you know?

Also, which part of this game is hard exactly, in comparison? Shoot broadside targets with AP and HE ships that park bow on? 

Actually, that is where you are wrong, I have played carriers, both pre and post rework versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
631 posts
6,030 battles
6 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

[hidden]

Yea those stats pages are laggy in terms of ships played. I played a few games post rework and didn't like it, so I sold them. Its ok though, way to not check other sites that may be more up to date on ships played. https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1002860328,Panic512/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[G--T]
Members
10 posts
19,283 battles
5 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

According to your own profile... 17 games pre rework.

Screenshot_20190611-091956_Chrome.jpg

While I barely played CVs pre-rework, I didn't like the RTS playstyle, I have played a significant number of matches on the PTS including the latest with the midway changes to HE bombers

I really disagree with you that CV is more difficult than surface ships

Surface ships are actively managing overall strategy, map positioning as well as the second-to-second angling to bounce or avoid shells, speed, aggro management, stealth, torpedo avoidance, aiming/firing your main guns and/or torpedoes, managing your AA sectors or even if it's off and on as well as all your consumables.

On a CV, you worry about your ship positioning once per drop, your DCP is automated.

At that point, you've picked a target and approach from the correct angle, feathering your throttle and approach vector to avoid flak and you drop him several times.

Perhaps you pre-drop to mitigate losses

Perhaps if you're really good you slingshot

But overall, it's a much much less frantic minute-to-minute experience than surface ships in the same battle.

If a CV noob like me can average 120k damage, 3 kills and 60% WR on PTS in midway, well, it might be a tad too easy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
179
[0456]
Members
490 posts
9,120 battles
11 hours ago, Crucis said:

If you don't care what people think, then don't bother posting on an internet forum.  Internet forums are places for DISCUSSION!!!

every thread's a troll thread.  if not they'd start like this,"Dear diary..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,815
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,503 posts
24,881 battles
33 minutes ago, ElrabinC said:

I really disagree with you that CV is more difficult than surface ships

I wasnt arguing that point because I dont think that. I don't think this game has a level if complexity for any class that makes it more difficult than the others. Angle, conceal outside of range, island camp, HE spam, planes, and so on. What I am arguing is that "CV is easy mode". As if you get in a CV and it just wins you games.

 

33 minutes ago, ElrabinC said:

Surface ships are actively managing overall strategy, map positioning as well as the second-to-second angling to bounce or avoid shells, speed, aggro management, stealth, torpedo avoidance, aiming/firing your main guns and/or torpedoes, managing your AA sectors or even if it's off and on as well as all your consumables.

Ok... while a CV provides the initial scout, continued spotting, manages its fighter consumable (and heal for TBs), plots its course on the tactical map, avoids flak, lines up its attacks using speed and maneuvering, and so on. No ship is doing anything more or less than others, they just do those things differently.

 

33 minutes ago, ElrabinC said:

On a CV, you worry about your ship positioning once per drop, your DCP is automated.


Which is a hindrance if you get set on fire more than once in a brief period of time and cant save DCP for when you want it. I didnt realize counting fire or flooding icons and pressing R required so much skill.

 

33 minutes ago, ElrabinC said:

At that point, you've picked a target and approach from the correct angle, feathering your throttle and approach vector to avoid flak and you drop him several times

You attempt to approach from the correct angle as a ship that "just dodges" can mitigate damage from torpedoes and some bombs or rockets. All the while taking damage every 2 seconds from each continuous damage aura you enter while flak from multiple vessels appears all over the screen, reducing your reticles ability to shrink and become more accurate.

Let's look at other ships. You point the bow of your BB at the enemy and deflect a portion of his rounds while either over matching other bows or shooting citadels in broadsides. Destroyers stay at 7KM to avoid detection and shoot torpedoes undetected and then smoke and spam fire. Cruisers either park behind islands, next to islands bow tanking, or at range spamming HE using maneuverability to "just dodge".

Every class has its perks in the right situations.

35 minutes ago, ElrabinC said:

But overall, it's a much much less frantic minute-to-minute experience than surface ships in the same battle.

Less frantic.... compared to 30knot battleships firing every 30 seconds from up to 26km away? Where as the planes take damage just from being near a ship while avoiding flak that spawns every few seconds all while moving at at least 5 times the speed of the battleship? Let's not forget a reticle that changes with time and movement and once past an optimal point does not allow you to adjust without looping back around.

 

38 minutes ago, ElrabinC said:

If a CV noob like me can average 120k damage, 3 kills and 60% WR on PTS in midway, well, it might be a tad too easy.

You mean the PTS with half a team full of straight line sailing bots with no skill? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×