You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BoJohno

Think I've played my last battle.

67 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
Members
421 posts
3,711 battles

I've been playing on and off for about a year and I've gotta say I really don't think WG is interested in new players getting into the game. Virtually no tutorial and a learning curve that is pretty much vertical. Low - mid level random. Filled with clubbers avoiding the CV nightmare. High level randoms......best be prepared to ignore chat. Co-op. progression is so slow that not playing almost nets you the same xp. I was playing 20-30 matches a day. I bought a couple premiums. watched all the youtube videos. For a newer player none of it matters. Lately I've been doing a couple matches every couple months. And it's just not fun. So thanks to everyone on these forums who has offered advice, help, or any other positive reinforcement. I love the concept of the game, just not the game. 

• Cool 23
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 1

[TBW]
Members
10,547 posts
18,051 battles
22 minutes ago, BoJohno said:

I've been playing on and off for about a year and I've gotta say I really don't think WG is interested in new players getting into the game. Virtually no tutorial and a learning curve that is pretty much vertical. Low - mid level random. Filled with clubbers avoiding the CV nightmare. High level randoms......best be prepared to ignore chat. Co-op. progression is so slow that not playing almost nets you the same xp. I was playing 20-30 matches a day. I bought a couple premiums. watched all the youtube videos. For a newer player none of it matters. Lately I've been doing a couple matches every couple months. And it's just not fun. So thanks to everyone on these forums who has offered advice, help, or any other positive reinforcement. I love the concept of the game, just not the game. 

If you have Play Station or x box, you could try Legends. No CVs, only 7 tiers, more players, lots of newbs.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,891 posts
4,881 battles

trust me, world of tanks is much much worse. they have no cross team chat anymore due how toxic the players were. Wows is more tame compare to wot. just my thought

• Cool 4

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

We all had to learn the game the same way and there weren't even that many tutorials available for us that started right after closed beta.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,212 battles
6 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

trust me, world of tanks is much much worse. they have no cross team chat anymore due how toxic the players were. Wows is more tame compare to wot. just my thought

I played a few games recently... I got randomly blapped off the screen without warning, without seeing the enemy, just exploded lol.  After about 10 games of this I uninstalled the game.

• Funny 3

Members
858 posts
5,902 battles

Meh the game just isn’t very fun anymore. Between the salt, rapid changes, and poor decisions like rentals in ranked, this game is just a test to see how much frustration and toxicity you can handle. I’ll probably be done soon myself or at least take a break. If you have an Xbox OP, legends has less unicums and salt but less ships. Worth a look.

• Cool 2

Members
1,724 posts
11,797 battles
4 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

We all had to learn the game the same way and there weren't even that many tutorials available for us that started right after closed beta.

indeed  but lets not kid ourselves.  The game was easier to learn back then.  How many ships were there in the game to learn about?  How many gimmicks?  Compare that to now.   It is far easier for an experienced player to keep up because you just have to learn a few new ships every few months, or learn what the new lines gimmick is and when they start.(plus their stats)  a new player has to deal with that, and the 15-20? lines we have now in the game.  Plus all the premiums, some of which are rare and pretty old.  All this on top of learning just the basics. 

• Cool 7

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,006 posts
41 minutes ago, BoJohno said:

I love the concept of the game, just not the game. 

Well good thing you weren't here when it plopped out of Beta. It's almost nothing like it was back then save for some mechanics. I can understand how tough it could be to play it now as a new player. Which probably explains why they keep slicing away at stuff to make it easier to play... which of course makes it even worse and yes, harder to play. 

Well, sorry to read you are leaving us. Stop by the forum once in a while. And whatever you do, do NOT delete your account. Don't do it. Just uninstall the game. 

GL HF in whatever you pick up next., 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 3

[A-I-M]
Members
3,494 posts
23,162 battles
37 minutes ago, BoJohno said:

Ive been around a long time, and have been dismayed by the recent direction of the game also. I am playing less and just sticking it out hoping that they fix this mess. Keep an eye out, they have screwed up before and fixed it; this one is just a lot bigger and will take more time and gnashing of teeth. 

• Cool 1

Members
443 posts
451 battles

I play very, very little anymore. Used to be I would grind out the three crates every day, minimum. Then it became two crates. A while back, it reached the point where I would do just enough to complete the easy daily mission. Now, this week, I've started playing the bare minimum to get one lonely daily crate. One ranked battle will do it, and then I'm done for the day. The problem isn't so much CV's or HE spam or grind after grind or rentals or anything else...It just isn't much fun anymore. I want to play a game that's fun. Period. Maybe it's just me and my tastes are changing, maybe it's the game, probably a bit of both. What doesn't really comfort me, in fact quite the opposite, is how many threads like this one I've seen where I think, "Yeah, that's how I feel, too."

• Cool 8

[SALVO]
Members
25,405 posts
27,279 battles

Well, I've been playing since Open Beta, and still play a lot every day.  And see no reason to slow down because it's still fun for me.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WOLFD]
Members
421 posts
3,711 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Well, I've been playing since Open Beta, and still play a lot every day.  And see no reason to slow down because it's still fun for me.

Of course it is. You're a whale with 20k matches. Experienced players only want to play with experienced players. So all of us noobs are taking our money elsewhere.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[SALVO]
Members
25,405 posts
27,279 battles
3 minutes ago, BoJohno said:

Of course it is. You're a whale with 20k matches. Experienced players only want to play with experienced players. So all of us noobs are taking our money elsewhere.

You're reading too much into what I've said.  I don't mind new players at all.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[GOB]
Members
2,358 posts

I just posted a very similar thread but I am not quitting....yet.  I see this stuff posted every day... WG needs to get some help with experienced makers on how to work their community.. I came here to get away from the keyboard wannabe tough kiddies and do something that didn't have 1000 websites where you can download hacks and cheats.    Toxic is a thing..no tools to boot them... My server ( BF2-3-4 ) didn't have  this problems and that franchise is as troll ridden as any game on the planet.  Thee was a chat plugin that dealt with that... 3 warnings then BAN.  People must WANT this because it can be stopped in it's tracks.  

• Boring 1

[LOU1]
Members
4,203 posts
12,258 battles
1 hour ago, BoJohno said:

Surprised you say no tutorials.  I started a new account about a year ago to see what the new player experienced and there was a series of tutorials.

• Cool 1

[SOAR]
Members
317 posts
5,141 battles

If you want to quit, that's fine. Totally your business. Does it really require a dramatic post telling the world of your decision?

No.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 10

[WOLFD]
Members
421 posts
3,711 battles
6 minutes ago, MajesticTwelve said:

If you want to quit, that's fine. Totally your business. Does it really require a dramatic post telling the world of your decision?

No.

Same can be said about most of the posts in the forums. Did my post really require a condescending response? Nope. Yet here you are.

/

Edited by BoJohno
  • Cool 11
  • Meh 2

[APEZ]
Members
1,493 posts
9,047 battles

CV's almost had me quit before the re-work, but they were rarely seen.  I bought some ships and premium time, then BAM the rework.  Now I am barely playing.  The prospect of clan battles without CV's is the only reason I still play.  Once my premium time is done, it will be time to find something new. 

This game is struggling to retain new players because of CV's.  I really think people need to look at what is best for the game.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[APEZ]
Members
1,493 posts
9,047 battles
Just now, MajesticTwelve said:

No.

You don't have to read any threads you don't want to.  You can even hide them I believe.  Welcome to the internet.  People discuss there opinions and you are able to ignore them if you like.

• Cool 6

Members
159 posts
9,512 battles
2 hours ago, BoJohno said:

So thanks to everyone on these forums who has offered advice, help, or any other positive reinforcement. I love the concept of the game, just not the game. 

Seems as though you have put in a pretty decent effort to learn the game. It’s a problem for WG that it is this hard for newcomers. 

I’m not sure how smart you have worked though. One thing that could really accelerate your learning curve is joining a decent clan. You have tried to do all of this on your own, which is fine. It can be done that way but it is the hard way. 

Joining a community of players could really help. There are a lot of clans with sub clans for players like yourself. It would expose you to better players, the way they approach the game and the things they think about. Even being in their discord would likely help you.  I know clans are not for everyone but if your looking to learn, others players are a good repository of information.

DO NOT! join a clan that has players of similar win rate or experience level to you. You will simply reinforce each other’s bad play.  Apply to as many clans you can that have better players than you and hope one hits. When bad players div/clan together it is totally counterproductive. 

• Cool 1

[KIA]
Members
3,547 posts
15,584 battles
1 hour ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

This game is struggling to retain new players because of CV's.  I really think people need to look at what is best for the game.

That is wrong.

There are many player who came to play WOWS after the CV rework. Some people enjoyed the new CV, some don't. But to say that CV is the reason because people are leaving is entirely wrong, and for proof, there are so many CV at low to mid tier that people are making thread about reducing the amount of CV from 3-2 per team to 1 per team (something I agree). And among these people grinding CV, there are few who leave the game not because of CV but because of WG constantly nerfing CV because of some high tier player asking for planes immunity resulting in low and mid tier being more of a pain to grind and frustrating to play.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
159 posts
9,512 battles
1 hour ago, BoJohno said:

Experienced players only want to play with experienced players. So all of us noobs are taking our money elsewhere.

This is wrong btw. Sometimes I don’t think people realize how desperate clans are for active players. 

A clan like RNG which is usually typhoon has 2 sub clans. I’m sure you would be on the borderline for them but they might take you. This would put you in the same discord and divs as typhoon players which would be a decent learning opportunity. 

Experienced players love to talk endlessly about the useless game knowledge they have acquired over 1000s of hours. 

• Boring 1

[WOLFD]
Members
421 posts
3,711 battles
6 minutes ago, NoloContendere said:

A clan like RNG which is usually typhoon has 2 sub clans. I’m sure you would be on the borderline for them but they might take you. This would put you in the same discord and divs as typhoon players which would be a decent learning opportunity. 

So 1600 matches and a year of playing and I'm borderline for an experienced clan to take me in. You're actually helping prove my point. Very, VERY few players are going to have the dedication to grind through that many matches to be maybe considered a worthwhile noob. This game is catering to those who have been here since the start and no consideration is given to the next batch of potential players.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
159 posts
9,512 battles
24 minutes ago, NoloContendere said:

Seems as though you have put in a pretty decent effort to learn the game. It’s a problem for WG that it is this hard for newcomers. 

2 minutes ago, BoJohno said:

This game is catering to those who have been here since the start and no consideration is given to the next batch of potential players.

See the part above where I totally agree with you that the learning curve is a problem for WG.

Believe me, you could count the number of long time players that feel catered to on one hand. Seems there is dissatisfaction on both ends of the spectrum which isn’t great.

• Cool 1

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

It's a bummer that you're leaving @BoJohno but I agree 100%.  Compared to what the game was like 2+ years ago it is not nearly as fun while at the same time being way more punishing to play.  Best of luck in whatever you choose.  If I was a newer player i would probably be doing the same thing

Edited by T_O_dubl_D