You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Who are these new players?

14 comments in this topic

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,394 posts

Just tried 4 COOPS..T8 T7   Every single one of them.. rush in Ram for THEIR points then I am alone to fight the fleet with a CV for the loss.  3 of the 4 times it's me against the last 5 ships ALONE.  YES I am getting major damage , kills defends but no one seems to be interested in that OR winning.  RAM DIE start next game RAM DIE move on to next game. WTH??????  RUSH IN launch  ALL TORPS ( NO SMOKE)  DIE

Just joined up with another t8 BB to take an area where they were headed.. we were set up to do MAJOR damage and defend...without firing a SHOT he just turned to the nearest BB and Rammed.   Another loss for the day as I ended up alone AGAIN with 3 BBs and 2 CA all to myself... It was ugly! WHOLE team gone in less that 5 minutes

Is this the new summer kiddie crowd?  Is this like a long miserable weekend?  

I am no grand master at this game but I do see what people are talking about.  IF WG is going to let his be like any ole free game you can download on an IPAD for $1.99 so they can attract more kids then I need to go .  I came here looking for a game that had SOME skill to it but they are obviously not worried about any of the parts of this game but RAM DA BOTS GET XP.  

• Boring 3

Members
890 posts
14,136 battles

Sounds like the team members who are ramming are bots. If there are not enough players to field a team of 8 some of your green teammates are bots.

And green bot AI is worse than the red team AI, they tend to die rapidly. You will know the bots by the ":" in fromt of the name. ex: :Tirpitz or :Nimitz, instead of just seeling the name without the :

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,394 posts
4 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Sounds like the team members who are ramming are bots. If there are not enough players to field a team of 8 some of your green teammates are bots.

And green bot AI is worse than the red team AI, they tend to die rapidly. You will know the bots by the ":" in fromt of the name. ex: :Tirpitz or :Nimitz, instead of just seeling the name without the :

Just now, giovybez said:

It certainly sounds like bots

I always check for team bots in the beginning.. Have not had more that 2 bots on my team all day.  I steer clear of the bots LOL

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,326 posts
13,294 battles
v3a1fzryff331.png?width=500&auto=webp&s=

Edited by chewonit
  • Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,994 battles
3 minutes ago, Capn_Nugget said:

I so resemble Billy... if Billy were 47 years old. LOL. 

Billy IS 47 years old, the guy handing him the money is his teen-aged kid!

[SALVO]
Members
25,464 posts
27,448 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I always check for team bots in the beginning.. Have not had more that 2 bots on my team all day.  I steer clear of the bots LOL

Actually, I try to support friendly bots.  I don't want them just dying without at least taking out an enemy bot.  So, I try to support them and help them sink the bots heading their way.

This becomes particularly important at times when it seems like half your team are :FriendlyBots:.   Frankly, if the friendly bots simply ram an enemy bot, it's mostly good since it's an even trade.  But it stinks when they get torped to death without taking out the enemy bot that sunk them.  So, generally the best thing I feel one can do is try to keep your friendly bots alive as long as possible.

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Probably folks trying to grind out victory points.  Load game, ram nearest ship, load next game and repeat. If the team carries you to a win, great but a kill is points and the easiest kill is to ram a bot.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,812 posts
7,025 battles

Great way to grind out the "must win daily XP" nonsense.  I do something similar when the time is closing.  Tired of having excellent games that the team messes up only to get nothing for what I contributed.  I can out XP the next closest player by 40% or more, only to have all of my work basically account for nothing.  As such I've got a few boats that I use to go into CoOp, do quick damage, die, take out another.  I wouldn't do this if I wasn't penalized in randoms for MM giving me a crap team.

I have a post running on MM, probably the 4th or 5th one I've done on it.  Daily's need changed to cumulative win XP or exceeding the XP mark in a single game, win or lose.  Until I'm able to collect proper credit for what I contribute, you'll find me in one of your games looking for some easy damage farm and a quick death to continue on to the next one.   I wouldn't do any co op at all if proper XP credit was given when I exceed the XP bar even in a loss.

It's not for event points, I can easily get confederate and a few kills in a game so getting 360 or more victory points in 20m is MUCH easier than 32-64 points for a co op game.

I can spend 1hr on 3 games in random with teams that blow wins and get absolutely nothing to finish dailys, or I can spend an hr doing 5m co ops finishing out daily mission series 2 in 40-45m.  Granted I did hang around in this one and got over 800 base XP

unknown.png

Edited by NoSoMo