Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

I love my Asashio

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles

I love this ship, she is a cute little IJN DD, sure her torps only hit BB and CV, but hey what better things to kill than those.

Here are some games, please post some of yours if your using one.

shot-19.06.07_23.06.05-0890.jpg

shot-19.06.08_19.57.57-0776.jpg

shot-19.06.09_01.43.25-0795.jpg

shot-19.06.10_23.43.57-0061.jpg

• Cool 5

0 posts

Asashio is loveable. My only dd Kraken (of last year) was with her. Of course, her torps are what make her unique, but her guns are not bad either.

• Cool 1

Members
1,660 posts

I <3 the Asashio.  So much so I have two of them.  I get as many gun kills as torp kills.  It was my first 200k+ damage ship.  The only 'downside' is that the Csptsin skills needed aren't optimal with other IJN ships so I can't swap out with other premium DDs.

Disclaimer-  I also have two Atagos and two Massachusetts.  Makes it nice collecting daily win bonuses, especially when those are 200%.

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

I've been raking in the credits with mine since the RU BBs came out.  Had a few frustrating games today that were just ho hum and just a whisker away from being great - this one was the first of the day without CVs.   Love that little boat!

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7e0747e01789d68c702ab5e450201ebb.jpg

Edited by T_O_dubl_D

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles
On 6/11/2019 at 6:10 AM, T_O_dubl_D said:

I've been raking in the credits with mine since the RU BBs came out.  Had a few frustrating games today that were just ho hum and just a whisker away from being great - this one was the first of the day without CVs.   Love that little boat!

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7e0747e01789d68c702ab5e450201ebb.jpg

nice game, I just had one, and I too am enjoying the russian BB as well

shot-19.06.12_13.06.11-0672.jpg

Members
1,660 posts

@CriMiNaL__

Probably my best battle in an Asashio.  I was all over the map in this battle and killed everything I shot at to include out fighting a Kagero for that Cap in the early game.

Asashio25.thumb.jpg.3c5a4665dbba8c29fbae785af2d2ca90.jpg

I love all the premium Tier VIII IJN DDs that I have.  Each has their own zing while sharing enough qualities to make it easy to jump between them.  They are the only Tier VIII ships that I'd play regularly.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
Tagged the incorrect person. Sorry!
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles
1 hour ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

@CriMiNaL__

Probably my best battle in an Asashio.  I was all over the map in this battle and killed everything I shot at to include out fighting a Kagero for that Cap in the early game.

Asashio25.thumb.jpg.3c5a4665dbba8c29fbae785af2d2ca90.jpg

I love all the premium Tier VIII IJN DDs that I have.  Each has their own zing while sharing enough qualities to make it easy to jump between them.  They are the only Tier VIII ships that I'd play regularly.

This is my highest so far, only sunk 1 ship but hurt so many more

shot-19.02.22_00.18.12-0152.jpg

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles

Just had another good game, it was tough, only a few ships at the end as both sides played well.

shot-19.06.12_23.42.43-0361.jpg

-Members-
272 posts
3,291 battles

I love the challenge of the Asashio. The humor is when it was first released some folks were yelling like it was the end of the world. 

It has proven to be a solid DD, imo, with a very specific and singular role. 

Still loads of fun.

Though here is the big question for y'all, how many of you have picked up kills with guns? What is your best kill with guns?

Members
1,660 posts
15 minutes ago, BTed72 said:

I love the challenge of the Asashio. The humor is when it was first released some folks were yelling like it was the end of the world. 

Still loads of fun.

Though here is the big question for y'all, how many of you have picked up kills with guns? What is your best kill with guns?

I think the guns on the Asashio are vastly underappreciated.  I have roughly the same number of gun kills that I do as torpedo kills.  I was going to look up the specific numbers but I can't log in at the moment.  It is somewhere around ~55% torpedo kills to ~45% gun kills or something.

Some of the gun kills are finishing off targets I wounded with torpedoes, but most are a result of fighting other DDs.  I don't pick fights with DDs that often, but sometimes you have to and sometimes, if it is the right kind of opposing DD, I'll even go hunting for them.   It all comes down to picking and choosing WHEN to use your guns and Asashio's concealment lets you do that more often than not.

• Cool 1

[B_Y_F]
Members
591 posts
14,340 battles

I Love Asashio too.  She always get the job done for me.

I find that because her torpedoes are so user-friendly I can focus more on mini map and gun aiming for a better DD game. 

22 minutes ago, BTed72 said:

how many of you have picked up kills with guns? What is your best kill with guns?

Nearly every second game? Because Asashio is forced to use gun to finish wounded DD so you can continue your BB hunting trip. 

I once got a low health mino with guns at the corner of an island.  Both of us were surprised, I was forced to turn hard and try to get as close as possible to him to prevent torpedo hit.  When drive by, put 6 AP shell right in his citadel at 0.3 km. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
45 minutes ago, BTed72 said:

I love the challenge of the Asashio.

Easily said until you run into that match with only one BB in it.

That's where tactical play like spotting and capping come more into play, which is too much for some to understand.  Asashio must be one of the most criminally misplayed ships in the entire game.

[FORM]
Members
1,834 posts
12,212 battles
On 6/10/2019 at 10:02 AM, CriMiNaL__ said:

I love this ship, she is a cute little IJN DD, sure her torps only hit BB and CV, but hey what better things to kill than those.

I started playing mine again about a week ago, and she's a nice variation from the norm, and she's a delightful little troll ship in the right situations - especially when BBs just either sit still or don't vary speed/direction at all.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
2 hours ago, BTed72 said:

Still loads of fun.

I bet you love to mock your customers.

• Funny 1

0 posts
3 hours ago, BTed72 said:

5, in my 1st ever battle with it.

(ironies..)

Sign in to follow this