You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Billy2Hawks

Hard Cap on DDs?

25 comments in this topic

[SANK]
Members
315 posts
7,122 battles

I thought there was a hard cap on DDs? I have been playing T8 and have had several games with 4 DDs a side and a few more with 3.

One of my battles tonight I had an area saturated with over 20 torps, how is this fun? The area was so saturated with torps, I ate 3 of them even while using the WASD hack.

Torp1JPG.JPG

Torp2.JPG

• Boring 6

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

There should a hard cap on BBs. I have been playing T8 and have had several games with 4 BBs a side.

One of my battles tonight I had an area saturated with over 15in shells, how is this fun? The area was so saturated with shells, I ate 3 of them even while using the WASD hack.

Edited by 10T0nHammer
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,102 posts
14,728 battles
9 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

The hard cap is 4.

Actually the hard cap is five, the soft cap is four. However if a DD in in the queue for more than three minutes the limit goes back to five.

• Cool 1

[SANK]
Members
315 posts
7,122 battles
12 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

There should a hard cap on BBs. I have been playing T8 and have had several games with 4 BBs a side.

One of my battles tonight I had an area saturated with over 15in shells, how is this fun? The area was so saturated with shells, I ate 3 of them even while using the WASD hack.

At least you can see what is shooting.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,440 battles
26 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

oh common its not that bad as long as you don't play cruisers!

but if you do, you'll most likely end up like this.:fish_haloween:

• Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,953 battles

This is HILARIOUS!

• Meh 1

Members
1,374 posts

I thought there was a hard cap on uptiered T8s?  I have been playing T10 and have had several games with 4 T8s a side and a few more with 3.

One of my battles tonight I had an area saturated with uptiered T8s, how is this fun? The area was so saturated with T8sh, I ate 3 of them even while using the WASD hack.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

What happened to the 4(5) DDs on your team?

Did you know Vlad is seriously deadly to spotted DDs inside of 12km, so long as you shoot them?

• Cool 1

Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles
2 hours ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Except there actually is a hard cap for DDs.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles
3 hours ago, Billy2Hawks said:

I thought there was a hard cap on DDs? I have been playing T8 and have had several games with 4 DDs a side and a few more with 3.

One of my battles tonight I had an area saturated with over 20 torps, how is this fun? The area was so saturated with torps, I ate 3 of them even while using the WASD hack.

Torp1JPG.JPG

Torp2.JPG

I recognise the 2nd torp from the left as one of mine, it was a present to you actually, and it was nice that you turned to receive it

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

This is HILARIOUS!

Yeah go figure a BB main crying about DDs...now we've seen everything!!! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,778 posts
15,774 battles
5 hours ago, Billy2Hawks said:

At least you can see what is shooting.

Yeah, because BB players are well known for never shooting unless a red ship has LOS on them... did you even try to engage your brain before typing?

[WOLFG]
Members
10,512 posts
9,806 battles
3 minutes ago, Nato101 said:

How about a hard minimum on cruisers? :Smile_trollface:

shot-19.06.08_19.11.22-0644.jpg

When you realize you should have brought your Asashio.

[RNDM]
Members
371 posts
7,389 battles

The only redeeming quality of this post is that it isn't another complaint thread about CVs. Otherwise, complaining about too many DDs in a match is... I don't even know how to describe it. The idiocy of the OP is blocking any intelligent response I might have had. Personally I don't think there should be a cap on DDs if there isn't one on BBs or CA/CLs. The CV cap makes sense though. Thats just my personal opinion though

[--V--]
Members
1,453 posts
13,765 battles
15 minutes ago, Florendo19 said:

The only redeeming quality of this post is that it isn't another complaint thread about CVs. Otherwise, complaining about too many DDs in a match is... I don't even know how to describe it. The idiocy of the OP is blocking any intelligent response I might have had. Personally I don't think there should be a cap on DDs if there isn't one on BBs or CA/CLs. The CV cap makes sense though. Thats just my personal opinion though

Was in a match once with 15 DDs.  This was over 1 1/2 years ago.  Needless to say, it was not a fun match.  Gunboat DDs ruled the match and 10-12 DDs died very quickly,,, that's all I remember cause i was in an IJN torp boat that died early.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,512 posts
9,806 battles
19 minutes ago, Florendo19 said:

I think the cruisers are the only ship type that doesn't have at least a soft cap.

[SBS]
Members
6,101 posts
3 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I thought DDs were dead?

They kinda are dead.  DDs made up ~21% of all random games last week.  That's a ~2.5 DDs per team average.  Now contrast that with the current  BB population of ~40%, and that gives us ~4.9 BBs per team.  BTW, cruisers were ~32% and CVs ~7% of games played. 

55 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think the cruisers are the only ship type that doesn't have at least a soft cap.

BBs and cruisers both have the 5 per team "hard" cap, no soft cap.  Cruisers have had the highest population since the rework (now overtaken by BBs with the recent RU BB release).

• Cool 1

Members
156 posts
3,489 battles
8 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

oh common its not that bad as long as you don't play cruisers!

but if you do, you'll most likely end up like this.:fish_haloween:

Thank you sir, you just made my night hahaha

• Cool 1

[SANK]
Members
315 posts
7,122 battles

I was going to answer this post earlier, but decided to let it roll.

This post was an experiment in the base toxicity of this community..... Yes, you people that just were rude, condescending and relatively jerks have been baited.TBH, it is not any one class of ship that is the cancer..........

To those of you concerned enough to be kind and responded constructively, even if this thread was absurd as some other complaint threads I have seen over the last few months, thank you. You actually help build up this community.

It is nice to know who the people are willing to help, and sucks that there are those that are more than willing to kick people who are down.

It also goes to show you that trolls are just there to troll.

• Boring 1

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
15 minutes ago, Billy2Hawks said:

I was going to answer this post earlier, but decided to let it roll.

This post was an experiment in the base toxicity of this community..... Yes, you people that just were rude, condescending and relatively jerks have been baited.TBH, it is not any one class of ship that is the cancer..........

To those of you concerned enough to be kind and responded constructively, even if this thread was absurd as some other complaint threads I have seen over the last few months, thank you. You actually help build up this community.

It is nice to know who the people are willing to help, and sucks that there are those that are more than willing to kick people who are down.

It also goes to show you that trolls are just there to troll.

Post stupid, lazy posts, get stupid, lazy responses. Saying "It'S A sOciaL exPerIMent!!" makes you look even more ridiculous. How can anyone reply with helpful advice to a barebone complaint post?  The only possible replies were "yes there is a hard cap" or "no, there isn't a hard cap."

No sympathy from me.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
2 hours ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Post stupid, lazy posts, get stupid, lazy responses. Saying "It'S A sOciaL exPerIMent!!" makes you look even more ridiculous. How can anyone reply with helpful advice to a barebone complaint post?  The only possible replies were "yes there is a hard cap" or "no, there isn't a hard cap."

No sympathy from me.

Well said.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,440 battles
5 hours ago, MuricanClassBattleship said:

Thank you sir, you just made my night hahaha

happy to serve!:fish_cute_2: