You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

Finally Ranked out this season....

22 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
17,909 battles

A lot of thanks to the folks that would been part of the teams that helped me get this done, with one epic push today was able to get from 4 to 1.

Too many players to mention and I truly have to be thankful for some of the carries when I messed up badly. 

Special appreciation for the general lack of toxicity in most games. It was quite refreshing to see players compliment the opposing side even when the loss was inevitable. 

Congrats to anyone else who made it out and to those still grinding good luck, you can get it done.

shot-19.06.09_22.09.54-0538.jpg

shot-19.06.09_22.10.43-0854.jpg

• Cool 10

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,826 posts
11,575 battles

Congrats job well done +1

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,986 posts
11,085 battles

i'm still at rank 8/9, ugh. i should play my yamato, not sure why it slipped my mind. Every other game it seems i lose to a Cliche'... Rental ship doing something stupid, border hugging BB's that save a star, suicidal DD's, i could probably think of a few more but i'll spare you the indigestion.

• Funny 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,426 battles
51 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

shot-19.06.09_22.10.43-0854.jpg

Did you bring enough to share with the class?

Sweet job dude. I BLAZED to rank 5 with like an 80% winrate, but have been struggling there for about a week. Managed to claw my way to rank 4 today, but still struggling. How many games did it take you and where did you start? Yamato is great in the low leagues, but I've been running mostly Kremlin. Bourg is great for first league, but under rank 5 it doesnt work well. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,820 posts
26,335 battles

GJ. Especially for having the motivation to do so I've never possessed, (I played one game today in my Grozovoi, not the rental, my first and possibly only one. It got me the Season flag, (Rank 15,) which is all I've ever cared about.)

• Cool 1

[SIC]
Members
95 posts
8,823 battles
3 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

8 hour ranked grind? Dedication sir.

Indeed. I can't play ranked for more than an hour or two, same with playing CV in randoms. Too much stress. I seem to find myself hunching over my desk and absolutely obliterating my lower back and shoulders.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
17,909 battles
9 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Sweet job dude. I BLAZED to rank 5 with like an 80% winrate, but have been struggling there for about a week. Managed to claw my way to rank 4 today, but still struggling. How many games did it take you and where did you start? Yamato is great in the low leagues, but I've been running mostly Kremlin. Bourg is great for first league, but under rank 5 it doesnt work well. 

Started this season at rank 10. Fiddled around with a couple of ships at the start. Love my dds, but it was too much of a struggle with the amount of cv games at the start. Midway planes were the worse to deal with, multiple fires and quarter health hits with almost every drop.

Once I got a better feeling for how the maps and general strats that players were following decided to use the Yamato almost exclusively. I've got the legendary module and also run Yamamoto with an anti-fire build. I also made up my mind to try and get it done within the first week as I have found the struggle gets infinitely more difficult as players rank out.

To be honest the only ships I had problems dealing with were those damn Henrys and the Kremlin, of course. All the Krem had to do was angle a bit and negate my shells. I also tended to play a bit more aggressive than the traditional Yammy sitting in the back. I was very fortunate to have teams that were willing to support pushes so most games was able to fold a flank leading to the win.

This is actually the least amount of games I have taken to rank out in a full season - 126.

image.thumb.png.9d0d1fd908c9302b3bba9ad9b2e5d1d3.png

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,006 posts

OP you playing the same server as the rest of us? Cause toxicity is off the charts. 

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
17,909 battles
6 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

8 hour ranked grind? Dedication sir.

Might have been a little longer, I took breaks in between, especially if I had one or two of those "lucky" games back to back.

Just left the pc on did other stuff.

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
17,909 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

OP you playing the same server as the rest of us? Cause toxicity is off the charts. 

This honestly must have been my lucky season.

Very few potatoes and like I said generally well mannered players. Maybe its the times that I played at. I usually tend to avoid the 4-6 EST and after midnight crowd.

It probably helps that I was winning more than losing, players tend to be more sociable when winning. Still had the in between characters who died first and blamed in on the team and continue to spam crap in the chat while the game was still going on.

[-K-]
Members
8,489 posts
14,853 battles

Good job, @Rabin69.  

I'm honestly finding it tough to have time to put into any Ranked play (or the game in general) right now due to real life commitments chewing up time.  With an active 2-year old at home, it's tough to find the energy to put into the game (or even stay awake) past 10pm these days.

Members
1,051 posts
4,673 battles
9 hours ago, _1204_ said:

The R5 bracket has been awful.  I've had better teams in the 6-10 bracket.  

Countless games thrown, countless mistakes, and the CV always saves the star.  It's infuriating. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,006 posts
49 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

This honestly must have been my lucky season.

Very few potatoes and like I said generally well mannered players. Maybe its the times that I played at. I usually tend to avoid the 4-6 EST and after midnight crowd.

It probably helps that I was winning more than losing, players tend to be more sociable when winning. Still had the in between characters who died first and blamed in on the team and continue to spam crap in the chat while the game was still going on.

Well I do think there's a smidge of good fortune involved in getting good and great teams. 

Congratulations on your ranking out - it is not an easy achievement! :cap_like:

[KIA]
Members
241 posts
12,607 battles
1 hour ago, XpliCT_ said:

The R5 bracket has been awful.  I've had better teams in the 6-10 bracket.  

Countless games thrown, countless mistakes, and the CV always saves the star.  It's infuriating. 

^ I haven't even played in a few days due to new PoE league and being generally disillusioned with the game, lol.    The games before I left were monstrously atrocious, though.

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles

Second season I’ve played in. I got my flag with two stars. I’m good.  Wish I could keep the flag until next season or until the next event. 

[RNDM]
Members
371 posts
7,389 battles
15 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Sweet job dude. I BLAZED to rank 5 with like an 80% winrate, but have been struggling there for about a week. Managed to claw my way to rank 4 today, but still struggling.

I feel you. Basically my exact experience too (except I'm still hovering at like one star away from rank four). I just want my steel! 

Congrats to @Rabin69 though for ranking out!