You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tom_Lin

Game Center Installation Folder

6 comments in this topic

[AK-47]
Members
294 posts
7,966 battles

I am having some concerns about the installation location of the Game Center.

It seems the Game Center is automatically installed in C drive, which is my SSD, and also the drive I installed Windows.

The problem I have is:

I have the habit only installing programs that runs frequently on the SSD. Like drivers, keyboard/mouse control program or things that I run every boot up.

I am asking if it is possible to give us the option, which allows installing the Game Center on other drives.

In my case, on my HDD rather than my SSD, cause I don't think this program really requires to be boot up as fast as possible....

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,223 posts
14,759 battles

It depends on which version of the WGC you have. One only gives the option of the C drive and the other you can change to what you want. Someone else will have to tell you where to find that. I let the WGC install on my C drive but install the games on another.

[BONKS]
Alpha Tester
242 posts
7,533 battles

The game center is really not that big and while there are ways to 'move' it to another drive, but it requires a registry edit. Further, there is another version that lets you change where to install it but quite honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

[AK-47]
Members
294 posts
7,966 battles
On 6/9/2019 at 7:04 PM, BrushWolf said:

It depends on which version of the WGC you have. One only gives the option of the C drive and the other you can change to what you want. Someone else will have to tell you where to find that. I let the WGC install on my C drive but install the games on another.

I did the same thing before, install the WGC in C and the game on another folder.

I do agree this is not a huge deal, but it is a little bit annoying.

I am kind of arguing this isn't kind of program which runs often enough to be placed in C, and probably don't need the read speed from a SSD.

Thanks for mentioning another version, I gonna see if I can find it.

[AK-47]
Members
294 posts
7,966 battles
On 6/9/2019 at 7:09 PM, SnipeySnipes said:

The game center is really not that big and while there are ways to 'move' it to another drive, but it requires a registry edit. Further, there is another version that lets you change where to install it but quite honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, I get the point, it isn't a huge deal, I do agree. I am just saying it is kind of annoying that you don't have the option.

I just feel it is kind of messy. I have the habit putting programs runs often in C drive, which this one isn't.

It's not big, so I am not really worried it eats up space in C, I am more just feeling this program shouldn't be located there.

Thanks for mentioning the other version, I gonna see if I can find it.

[AK-47]
Members
294 posts
7,966 battles

Okay, I found the one you guys are talking about.

It seems the one that allows us to choose language and installation location comes from Wargaming's website, rather than World of Warships' website.

I am assuming only the one comes from Wargaming's website allows more options.

I am wondering why they made 2 versions, and TBH I personally prefer the one from Wargaming's website.

Now I have successfully installed it on D drive rather than C drive.

Thanks for the help.