You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SYST3M_OVERIDE

Hood gun buff?

13 comments in this topic

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
212 posts
11,651 battles

Depending the last time you played her, she got her sigma buffed to 1.9 and fuse time (reduce shatters/fail to penetrate) while ago. Also, the Hood is the most special battlecruiser in the game with the best AP penetration angle like the USN heavy cruisers if you're strictly talking about Hood being classified as a battleship whereas Alaska would also be compared.

Edited by AdmiralHattori

[PENND]
Members
355 posts
7,807 battles

Last time I used her was at least 6 months ago. I just didn't remember her hitting so hard and being able to citadel angled BBs

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,501 posts
24,860 battles

Yeah the updated/buffed some under performing premiums and Hood was a lucky winner. This was months ago now but you can find the exact patch notes if you go look through them. Enjoy your better performing ship! :-)

[SALVO]
Members
25,512 posts
27,502 battles
1 hour ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Last time I used her was at least 6 months ago. I just didn't remember her hitting so hard and being able to citadel angled BBs

Like Skuggsja said, WG did buff a handful of premiums in the not too distant past, and the Hood was one of them.

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Does anyone know the difference between 'then' and 'than'?  It's "better THAN", not "better then".  "Than" is a comparative word!!! And it's "if this happens, THEN that happens".  "Then" is a temporal word!!!

Does anyone not know this who is more or less literate? Where are you, bumfeck Arkansas? I have taught English for years and this is not any sort of issue, really. Change your sig already it's irritating.

Oh, and the Hood is fine once you understand she is a survivor... her guns are gold in the late game against the floating wounded. You just need to survive until then.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[BS]
Members
1,988 posts
11,128 battles
22 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Does anyone not know this who is more or less literate? Where are you, bumfeck Arkansas? I have taught English for years and this is not any sort of issue, really. Change your sig already it's irritating.

that's his signature line, lol

[UTWE]
Members
378 posts
7,019 battles

Yes she got a slight accuracy buff and a penetration buff a while ago. You'll over pen cruisers more but citadel BBs more.

[EQRN]
Members
2,132 posts
18,655 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralHattori said:

Depending the last time you played her, she got her sigma buffed to 1.9 and fuse time (reduce shatters/fail to penetrate) while ago. Also, the Hood is the most special battlecruiser in the game with the best AP penetration angle like the USN heavy cruisers if you're strictly talking about Hood being classified as a battleship whereas Alaska would also be compared.

I think DoY also gets that improved pen angle as well, or better than most if not entirely as good as US cruisers.

[SALVO]
Members
25,512 posts
27,502 battles
15 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Oh, and the Hood is fine once you understand she is a survivor... her guns are gold in the late game against the floating wounded. You just need to survive until then.

When I don't see seemingly one half or more of forumites use then/than incorrectly, maybe I'll change my sig.  Until that time, I'll only change it if and when I choose to do so, not when you complain about it.

[TIGRB]
Members
875 posts
16,919 battles

HMS Hood has always been one of my favorite ships. I bought her and even with the sigma being raised, She under performs in everything she does. Sad that such a great ship is so mediocre in game. My Humble opinion by exp. Some of you may have had better luck that me.