You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
__sans__

So I need some help with replays...

18 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
393 battles

So I have these 4 replays that I want to watch. I have replays activated through ModStation, but when I open the replays with wows, it signs in and then it goes into a loading loop. Trust me, I waited 30 minutes for it to load before I gave up. What can I do?

IMG_20190609_232137.jpg

[RLGN]
Members
14,317 posts
25,257 battles

If they’re old game versions, for example 0.8.3, they’ll no longer play. (Unless you kept a separate folder containing that version of the game.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[5D]
Members
1,066 posts
13,612 battles

I got the same problem but if you open it from the replay directory it work , but not I I try to open it on the desktop

[KSF]
Privateers
352 posts
12,348 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If they’re old game versions, for example 0.8.3, they’ll no longer play. (Unless you kept a separate folder containing that version of the game.)

This was my guess too. 

Members
3,380 posts
6,789 battles

What the other players have said is true - you would have to have the version it was created on to run again in most cases. But as a sure test you can upload the replay and place it on the CLIPBOARD below so that others can confirm this status.

Members
3 posts
393 battles

So my replays are from 0.8.4 just like my game, and I open them from the original directory. I haven't changed anything in any text file of wows. I'll try to see if messing with them can help.

[SKDSH]
Members
6 posts
11,988 battles

Same for me. I was able to load replays until recently, but  someone from my clan started having this issue a little while ago. Just reinstalled the game hoping that would be an quickish fix, but not resolved

[SKDSH]
Members
6 posts
11,988 battles

******Probable Work Around********   I saw in a relatively recent post that they got it to work by copying the replays into the bin32 and bin64 folder. What I have found works for me is I copy the replay directory into the bin64 folder (C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA\bin64\ for my system) and I have to have the replay file in that directory. I can open another copy of it from anywhere, but for me a copy has to be in that \bin64\replays folder.

• Cool 1

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,429 battles

If you have a wows replay that you want to keep beyond the next updates, use a capture program to record while you watch it.  I use Nvidia, but if you do not have Nvidia there are other programs such as Snagit.

Beta Testers
2 posts
5,196 battles

Came here to post for support on this very issue. Unfortunately the suggested fix above with moving replays to bin32/64 folder did not work for me. WG please fix...

[SKDSH]
Members
6 posts
11,988 battles
On 6/26/2019 at 7:34 PM, Seraphax said:

Came here to post for support on this very issue. Unfortunately the suggested fix above with moving replays to bin32/64 folder did not work for me. WG please fix...

Mine started working right before the patch released. The only thing that changed was windows patches before it started working.

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,429 battles
9 hours ago, FartGod said:

Mine work, but only if I dont rename them. Any way to do what and still watch them?

Eventually they will no longer play (after updates eventually).  If you want to save a replay as a video file, you have to use a capture program.  I use the one built-in Nvidia experience.  There is another I used to use called Snagit.  So you could play the replay and capture (record) it and save it.

Members
2 posts
4,438 battles
22 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Eventually they will no longer play (after updates eventually).  If you want to save a replay as a video file, you have to use a capture program.  I use the one built-in Nvidia experience.  There is another I used to use called Snagit.  So you could play the replay and capture (record) it and save it.

I literally just played and wanted to watch the game again.