You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Florendo19

Move or get sunk: Stationary ships are easy targets

6 comments in this topic

[RNDM]
Members
371 posts
7,418 battles

I don't know how this isn't obvious but staying in one place for too long will result in your ship being sunk. Everyone who has been playing the game long enough should have picked up not to sail much less sit broadside to basically anything. Now if you can understand not giving a perfect stationary target to surface ships, why are you still giving them to CVs? I've been playing Ranked today and have gone up against a pretty good CV for about 4 games in a row now. We have lost 3 of those four and the thing they all have in common is that They were able to smack our island camping CA/CLs with perfect AP DB runs. How is this possible one might ask? I though AA ships should be immune to this. Well you see that island blocks line of sight for your AA gunners until they are on top of you and you are a stationary target that the CV can take their time to drop on. So when you ask how the Enemy CV was able to delete our Wooster while our CV is still trying to hit that Henri, its because the Henri was actually moving and the Wooster served himself up on a platter. Anyway please move your ships its not that hard. I need to go back to Randoms soon where the Salinity levels are not quite that of the Dead sea like in Ranked but I also want my steel.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,952 posts
26,484 battles

Yeah, guess I need to at least get the one game played bonuses, and maybe the season flag; if the idiocy of Tier 10 doesn’t immediately turn me off after that first game.

[RST]
[RST]
Beta Testers
163 posts
9,602 battles
1 hour ago, Florendo19 said:

I don't know how this isn't obvious but staying in one place for too long will result in your ship being sunk. Everyone who has been playing the game long enough should have picked up not to sail much less sit broadside to basically anything. Now if you can understand not giving a perfect stationary target to surface ships, why are you still giving them to CVs? I've been playing Ranked today and have gone up against a pretty good CV for about 4 games in a row now. We have lost 3 of those four and the thing they all have in common is that They were able to smack our island camping CA/CLs with perfect AP DB runs. How is this possible one might ask? I though AA ships should be immune to this. Well you see that island blocks line of sight for your AA gunners until they are on top of you and you are a stationary target that the CV can take their time to drop on. So when you ask how the Enemy CV was able to delete our Wooster while our CV is still trying to hit that Henri, its because the Henri was actually moving and the Wooster served himself up on a platter. Anyway please move your ships its not that hard. I need to go back to Randoms soon where the Salinity levels are not quite that of the Dead sea like in Ranked but I also want my steel.

I agree.  Unless you're sitting in smoke and you know there aren't any enemy DDs or torp bombers around, you should always be moving so as to not present an easy target to hit. Not sure why I see monster BBs or even cruisers just sit back and try to snipe across the map.  Nothing screams louder than "Shoot at me! I'm sitting still for your Fire Directors!" when parked behind some island or even worse, out in the open.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,503 posts
24,881 battles

People should also learn what the reticles of the CVs look like. So many people turn into my bombing runs it's not funny. Most seem to get turning into torpedoes but dont realize when you face into dive bombers you're making it easier to hit you. Broadside is going to help you avoid taking hits, just dont do it in front of an enemy battleship.

Edited by Skuggsja

[HINON]
Members
3,269 posts
27,691 battles

except when I'm shooting at them, then all of a sudden my shells are making happy face patterns all around the target.