You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
yacskn

Wargaming, You Owe Me

118 comments in this topic

Members
652 posts
90 battles
8 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Wargaming, you owe me.

You owe me for the countless hours of frustration at the hands of an unbalanced game mechanic that for some inexplicable reason you deemed ready for prime time, despite it being clear to the thickest of us that it wasn't.

You owe me for the countless times I had to wait for the inevitability of getting sunk, without being able to do anything to counter it. Even in ships specifically designed to counter it.

You owe me for the countless losses I had to endure, because your rushed overhaul of a game mechanic changed the meta to a sh*t-show where everyone huddles up in a furball to alleviate the inevitability that is mentioned above, giving up map control for free.

You owe me for the numerous losses I had to suffer in ranked because I literally got sunk in 90 seconds as a result of being the sole focus of a ship type that I can't counter, in ships designed to counter it.

You owe me for the friends I have been deprived of, because they left the game and the community as a result of growing frustration.

Wargaming, you owe me; for taking one of the few sources of enjoyment in my life and turning it into a grotesque act of cash grab.

----

Yes, this is in essence yet another CV rant, but I'm neither angry nor outraged. I'm just jaded and saddened. I simply don't enjoy the time I spend here anymore. I took a break lasting 3-4 months recently because of my growing frustration and came back for the ranked season, only to find the utter torture of CVs being unleashed on it to an even bigger effect on account of the fewer ships.

I felt obligated to post yet another CV thread, despite my contempt at them, because I don't know how else to make my voice heard.

You need to wake up and take notice Wargaming. This is not sustainable. There are a lot of these threads in the forums and even more people agreeing with the general sentiment causing them: The way your CVs work is frustrating people. They take the fun away.

A game that isn't fun is ultimately a dead game.

You owe me an apology and a firm plan laid out in detail explaining how you will fix it.

Typhoon league players aren't usually owed anything, maybe you should adjust your play style to suit the current meta.

Im a typhoon league BB Main and none of my ships have AA builds, but I am not complaining....

Edited by ___V_E_N_O_M___
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 14

[WOLF7]
Members
12,619 posts
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Typhoon league players aren't usually owed anything, maybe you should adjust your play style to suit the current meta.

Im a typhoon league BB Main and none of my ships have AA builds, but I am not complaining....

Troll using alt account to argue...film at 11.:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 7

[MELON]
Members
1,049 posts
3,011 battles

You own me time I wasted reading this post. I'm expecting to be paid back with interest

• Cool 9
  • Funny 4
  • Meh 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,392 posts
17,349 battles

See, remove ingame chat entirely. 

Shutdown the forum. 

Let people like this go into the night without a word. 

Life is great and love this game. 

• Cool 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
17,387 posts

OP, what you think that WG "owes" you pales in comparison to what you owe.

You owe the explorers a debt of gratitude for sailing into the unknown and discovering new lands.

You owe the scientists a debt of gratitude for discovering the fundamentals of how the world works.

You owe the innovators a debt of gratitude for applying knowledge to solving real-world problems.

You owe the servicemen a debt of gratitude for fighting for your peace and freedom.

You owe your parents a debt of gratitude for feeding, clothing and educating you.

You even owe WG a debt of gratitude for making their game free to play -- you don't have to pay a penny to play it if you don't want to. 

• Cool 10
  • Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
6,125 posts
10,107 battles

Many things in this game are frustrating. Citadel hits are frustrating, radar is frustrating, fire is frustrating. You aren’t special just because you’re frustrated, and honestly, no one cares. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
12,115 battles
55 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

To borrow an old Eve phrase:

Post with your main.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
15,125 posts
21,361 battles

The only thing WG owes me is a Kamikaze, that ship is no longer OP with todays meta. After SUB_OCT was talking about "changing" the concealment mechanic, this ship will be a port queen.

The same goes for all ships (especially IJN) that depend on concealment to succeed.

Members
3,114 posts
13,427 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Troll using alt account to argue...film at 11.:Smile_facepalm:

Here’s not alt account for you, game is fine.  Still regularly playing across most tiers.  I admit that CV rework made certain range of ships undesirable to take into combat, and some players may not be okay with that.  But I am totally fine playing with what I can.

• Boring 1

[STW-A]
Members
299 posts

"for the friends I have been deprived of, because they left the game and the community as a result of growing frustration"

ouch.... that one hits close to home for me.......

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,507 posts
13,743 battles

Wargaming, you owe me.

I do not like the current state of CV's in this game.

With that being said, I find no justifiable reason to assume WG owes me or any other player a thing. WG owns the game & all rights to it. WG allows us to play for free. It is out of our own volition we money on the game.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,619 posts
12 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Here’s not alt account for you, game is fine.  Still regularly playing across most tiers.  I admit that CV rework made certain range of ships undesirable to take into combat, and some players may not be okay with that.  But I am totally fine playing with what I can.

Great. Not sure why you post with multiple accounts, but whatever.

If you're happy with the rework, more power to you, but lots of players aren't. The anger isn't going away, and WG is so desperate for numbers they are begging players to bring people in.

And finally...the RU server is tanking, it's about to hit a new low. So, are you so in love with the rework, you're ok with not having a player base?

image.thumb.png.578bf027add97d7e836d2fe2c7dd8c52.png

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
311 posts
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

the old adapter routine ...getting - dare I say it - boring?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,742 posts
27,709 battles
16 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

With that being said, I find no justifiable reason to assume WG owes me or any other player a thing. WG owns the game & all rights to it. WG allows us to play for free. It is out of our own volition we money on the game.

Well in context, he is asking for an apology and honestly I have to agree. WoWS has changed into something that it wasn't before. It just isn't fun. When you remove fun from a freaking game what the hell is it? Work? Granted I don't expect anything from Wargaming and I do mean nothing which is odd because even with businesses I don't spend money with, I expect them to do their jobs at the very least. With WoWS I don't even expect that from them. I assume everything will be crap and so far, Wargaming has met my expectations, heck sometimes they exceed it by producing crap that I find unfathomable or make blunders that show a level of ineptness I can not even imagine. 

Players spend money mostly because they are having fun. After spending the money and the product gets changed, well then there is the rub. Customers have a right to complain when this occurs and granted, digital products are in that weird gray zone of consumer protection. If a popular song gets changed, you always have the "old" song to listen to and can ignore the new. This isn't the case with an online game where you don't own a physical copy you can play. So if you spend money and they change the product you are using, what are the options for a consumer? Seems complaining is a very legitimate course of action. Withholding money and telling other people about your experience are other methods. Quitting the game is always available as well and if the forums are any indication of what people are doing, seems that is being done too. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

Members
7,122 posts
23,729 battles
11 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Currency is presented in many forms. in this case both time spent and money spent could be considered currency spent. Hundreds or thousands of dollars and thousands of hours were contributed towards a game or service or product. And overnight that game/service/product changed, changing everything that was previously earned or purchased. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,742 posts
27,709 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Currency is presented in many forms. in this case both time spent and money spent could be considered currency spent. Hundreds or thousands of dollars and thousands of hours were contributed towards a game or service or product. And overnight that game/service/product changed, changing everything that was previously earned or purchased. 

Eggxactly.

(yes I know this is misspelled, I like it though... Bite me)

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
3,334 posts
30,655 battles

where is all that sad violin music coming from?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,742 posts
27,709 battles
1 minute ago, giovybez said:

where is all that sad violin music coming from?

Brain tumor? Small but talented mouse living in your home? Psychotic episode? TV or radio left on? 

• Funny 2

[WOLFG]
Members
14,139 posts
14,326 battles

Does a restaurant owe you because they change the menu?

Does a bar owe you because they change from old school country and western to Asian Karaoke?

Does anyone expect car manufacturers to apologize for stopping production of certain types of cars?

I don't get the apology request.

[HINON]
Members
9,389 posts
14,626 battles
1 hour ago, yacskn said:

Wargaming, you owe me.

You owe me for the countless hours of frustration at the hands of an unbalanced game mechanic that for some inexplicable reason you deemed ready for prime time, despite it being clear to the thickest of us that it wasn't.

You owe me for the countless times I had to wait for the inevitability of getting sunk, without being able to do anything to counter it. Even in ships specifically designed to counter it.

You owe me for the countless losses I had to endure, because your rushed overhaul of a game mechanic changed the meta to a sh*t-show where everyone huddles up in a furball to alleviate the inevitability that is mentioned above, giving up map control for free.

You owe me for the numerous losses I had to suffer in ranked because I literally got sunk in 90 seconds as a result of being the sole focus of a ship type that I can't counter, in ships designed to counter it.

You owe me for the friends I have been deprived of, because they left the game and the community as a result of growing frustration.

Wargaming, you owe me; for taking one of the few sources of enjoyment in my life and turning it into a grotesque act of cash grab.

----

Yes, this is in essence yet another CV rant, but I'm neither angry nor outraged. I'm just jaded and saddened. I simply don't enjoy the time I spend here anymore. I took a break lasting 3-4 months recently because of my growing frustration and came back for the ranked season, only to find the utter torture of CVs being unleashed on it to an even bigger effect on account of the fewer ships.

I felt obligated to post yet another CV thread, despite my contempt at them, because I don't know how else to make my voice heard.

You need to wake up and take notice Wargaming. This is not sustainable. There are a lot of these threads in the forums and even more people agreeing with the general sentiment causing them: The way your CVs work is frustrating people. They take the fun away.

A game that isn't fun is ultimately a dead game.

You owe me an apology and a firm plan laid out in detail explaining how you will fix it.

Wargaming doesnt owe anyone one damn thing, much less owe one person anything

• Cool 1