Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Most games zero damage - Hermes

11 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,872 battles

Great win rate though...don't ask.

Have not been able to get off any torp drops that hit. Figured that would be the easiest to learn first. Have watched the videos.

Either way too far away or under the ship and not armed or they turn away.

Bombs and rockets even harder, never scored any hits at all.

Planes sometimes start turning on their own on the way to targets. Will do rapid 360s.

Edited by Ericson38

[RLGN]
Members
11,664 posts
20,643 battles

RN rockets hardest to use, long arming time, ridiculously short attack window.

RN carpet bombs have such a slow drop, the lead is almost 50-100% of the length of the bomb oval, (for a target traveling in roughly the same direction as the aircraft,) depending on the ship being attacked.

RN torpedoes need almost twice as much lead as everyone else.

Thank WG for ‘balancing’ decisions that presume everyone has the time/patience/desire to play hundreds of carrier games, enough so that they become professional level players able to use the ‘easier’ carrier controls to their fullest extent.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,872 battles

So the players say stuff like, the dive bombers aren't doing any damage ! I say, tell me about it.

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,872 battles

I'm at Furious now and average about 5K damage per game. Sever is at 32K damage per game, so some progress being made.

[DENY]
Members
834 posts
9,856 battles

i average 47.6k in the hermes learn to use the torp and you will be better , than it get better you get 2 torp a drop and then 3 , i only played 23 game on the t4 but still have 15pointer on it ! in case i want to seal club!

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,890 posts
5,750 battles
On 6/9/2019 at 11:04 AM, Ericson38 said:

Planes sometimes start turning on their own on the way to targets. Will do rapid 360s.

That's a lag error, your game losses connection to the server for a second or two and freaks out going "What do I do, WHAT DO I DO?!" and has the planes circle since it doesn't know where they are exactly.

As for your aiming troubles, a replay would definitely help assess that. Though I have to say that consistent zero damage games is frankly impressive.

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,872 battles
13 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

That's a lag error, your game losses connection to the server for a second or two and freaks out going "What do I do, WHAT DO I DO?!" and has the planes circle since it doesn't know where they are exactly.

As for your aiming troubles, a replay would definitely help assess that. Though I have to say that consistent zero damage games is frankly impressive.

I miss by what seems to be inches many times, and no planes left after 1st pass 70% of time at least.

With the lag, I don't try anything else besides torps, rocket-bomb circles way off.

Edited by Ericson38

[-DZ-]
Members
279 posts
10,122 battles
6 hours ago, Landsraad said:

That seems to be happening after the rework idk I never noticed it before but lately since I came back from a break from the game it seems that the game is laggy'er then normal other night my ping was all over the place

[ARM-]
Members
66 posts
196 battles

Yeah, the Hermes is an absolute pile of trash. I keep hearing people swear the Furious is better but the difference would have to be night and day for this to be worth grinding 60K+ xp to unlock. I don't see how you are doing 0 damage though. Forget the torps because the Hermes torps are utterly worthless. You need to nearly drop them on top of slow ships to land a hit because of how insanely slow they are (or hope your opponent isn't even paying attention and relying on your enemy to be bad is a horrible, horrible strategy) and all of that works nets you 4k damage and a [edited] flood chance. I just focus on the bombs and rockets because at least I know for sure when I go to attack that I'm going to do SOMETHING rather than the awkward piece of craptorps inching its way towards whatever as it effortlessly turns away. 

I don't believe for one second that you haven't scored hits with bombs or rockets on this thing. Its 10000x easier to land those than these garbage torpedoes. 

I'm probably going to just use free xp on my other ships and eventually unlock the Furious because playing the Hermes is a total waste of time. I can go ahead and get 12+ spot ribbons and land all sorts of stuff and I get like 550 base xp. That's 120 battles in this stupid thing for the next CV. No thank you. I don't know if the devs thought it would be funny or they just genuinely don't care because playing the Hermes is an absolutely atrocious experience and is completely turning me off from the entire cv class. I already had to grind through a bunch of dds to unlock this class and so far the entire thing has just sucked majorly. 

I'm on a new account but I'm an old cruiser main and so far it still feels like I utterly hate playing anything that isn't a cruiser. 

Edited by rotten_dead_doll

Sign in to follow this