Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

British CV Rant

7 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,917 posts
23,602 battles

Well I just wrote post on how I felt about GZ air group sadly I have do something in the same vain with British CV's Dive Bombers and Torpedo Planes, this is Monty python ( for the record the Monty python team are great comedians )  level stupidity at the moment.

Trying to drop British airborne torpedoes is a nightmare as you have to fly so close to the target whatever angle your strike run is and most of the time they pass under the ship before they arm or if you drop to far back they are just to slow and they end up astern of the target, how the hell Squadron 818 managed to hit Bismarck is a mystery and a miracle to me because they just to take forever to find there target if your even lucky.

The Dive Bombers are worse talk about slow drop speed I could launch a strike run drop my bombs walk down to my local pub buy and drink 3 Bacardi and cokes watch 120 minute Australian rules football match walk home sit down in front of my computer only to see them ( the bombs ) overshoot the target, and people use to complain about how slow Warspite's turret rotation was that's fast compared to how slow airborne Bombs are on British CVs.

It does not matter what angle of attack or from which direction you begin your run if you attack bow on the bombs fall astern or vice versa they land ahead of bow of the ship, if attack a ship from a broad side position its most likely you over shoot and they land on the other side of the ship or if you try to drop them a little earlier they land short.

Yes I can say I am still in the learning stages and I am trying adjust from RTS to the new format but I play Coop and although the BOTs are programmed to evade they will never be better than humans so before someone brings up the traditional " GET GUD " line I am not that bad at the new format but I certainly would not play Random yet.

Sure there are plenty of elite CV players out there that have handle on this but for the majority of CV players who are constantly berated for not being able to influence a match this is why, you need to have stop watch a calculator and god knows what else to play the ships only for it to change the next patch then you have to start all over again trying to do the maths.

Get ready for the next set of changes come patch 8.5.

regards   

P.S. cant wait to see what they have in mind for RM Aquila and MN Bearn when they get released should be a barrel of laughs.

Edited by tm63au
  • Boring 2

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

I've never had an issue with the torpedoes because no matter what you do, those mad men are really good at keeping the angle steady. Can agree with the bombs though. The bombs get lazy, go on strike mid way through the drop and then weeks later hit when they finally get what they want and still pump out lack luster performance in the end. 

[NPG]
Members
165 posts
3,263 battles

Gravity and physics have no place in this world tovarish, only Russian Number Generator matter.:Smile-_tongue:

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles

Brits don’t dive bomb, they carpet bomb, and (roughly,) the bomb fall/drop time is about twice that for USN/IJN dive bombers, adjust your aim accordingly.

That being said; I think the bombers are all trash anyway. All my armor modules/skills are on my torpies; while being prudently aware of potential AA, I run in point blank and don’t have much trouble getting hits.

• Cool 2

0 posts
53 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Yes I can say I am still in the learning stages and I am trying adjust from RTS to the new format but I play Coop and although the BOTs are programmed to evade they will never be better than humans so before someone brings up the traditional " GET GUD " line I am not that bad at the new format but I certainly would not play Random yet.

coop/pve bots have yet to be programmed/updated with the new CV gameplay in mind. This does mean that while you can take your cv into coop (to practice), it really is worth waiting until WG revises, updates, tests, facepalms and finally releases pve bot warship anti CV behaviour, that is appropriate for the general playerbase. I am very certain you would do better in random, than in pve, with a cv, right now.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles
6 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

coop/pve bots have yet to be programmed/updated with the new CV gameplay in mind. This does mean that while you can take your cv into coop (to practice), it really is worth waiting until WG revises, updates, tests, facepalms and finally releases pve bot warship anti CV behaviour, that is appropriate for the general playerbase. I am very certain you would do better in random, than in pve, with a cv, right now.

I for one don’t want to see them back in PvE under the current mechanics.

Bot ‘programming’ means they cheat like hell.

Destroyer drivers think they have it bad in Randoms? Wait until the bot RPF leads the bot carrier right to your unspotted destroyer, each time, every time, no matter what you do.

I prefer the extra battleship; tougher battle, more potential damage and xp.

[D33P6]
Members
563 posts

You're playing it wrong.  I have no issues with the British CV's.

They don't have the alpha damage potential but the level bombers are great at starting multiple fires.  You need use that to your advantage.

The torpedo bombers are also fine and I have no issue landing hits on enemy ships.  I also feel they have a higher flooding chance.  I'm not sure if this is actually true but in my experience I have always achieved more floodings with the RN CV torpedo planes.

The RN CV's are all about getting that ticking damage.  You need to start fires, have them consume their DCP and go back and start another.

Sign in to follow this