Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BearlyHereBear

Still hanging in Co-OP b/c of CVs

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

527
[XG]
Members
323 posts
3,216 battles
4 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Kill them bots!

You aren't the only one.

One of the brighter sides of the rework is a larger participation of humans in PvE.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,519
[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles

Funny. I spent a fair bit of time in Randoms yesterday in destroyers, and would have no trouble doing it again. 

I can't wait for bot CV to come to co-op because I prefer the playstyle there. It's more exciting, and it offers me a greater number of battles per limited amount of play time. At the same time, I don't want to be accused of going there to hide from carriers.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[BSL]
Members
1,231 posts
21,333 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Funny. I spent a fair bit of time in Randoms yesterday in destroyers, and would have no trouble doing it again. 

I can't wait for bot CV to come to co-op because I prefer the playstyle there. It's more exciting, and it offers me a greater number of battles per limited amount of play time. At the same time, I don't want to be accused of going there to hide from carriers.

Been in the game too long to care about being accused of anything.:cap_like:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,519
[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
1 minute ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Been in the game too long to care about being accused of anything.:cap_like:

My issue is that I am pro-PvE (albeit by no means PvE-exclusive) but also pro-CV, and it looks sort of bad if I spend a lot of my play time not being targeted by a ship type whose existence I strongly support.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,374 posts
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Funny. I spent a fair bit of time in Randoms yesterday in destroyers, and would have no trouble doing it again. 

I can't wait for bot CV to come to co-op because I prefer the playstyle there. It's more exciting, and it offers me a greater number of battles per limited amount of play time. At the same time, I don't want to be accused of going there to hide from carriers.

Agreed % and....

This player does it on a budget.

I have been playing Gearing and a few other AA DDs.  I completely agree with this post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
527
[XG]
Members
323 posts
3,216 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

At the same time, I don't want to be accused of going there to hide from carriers.

Perfectly understandable. I would never make such an accusation.

I make a distiction between "hide" (out of implied cowardice) and "avoid" (out of personal preference).

Co-op gives me the opportunity to play the all-too-many ships in my port that are completely helpless v. CV either by virtue of poor AA, poor maneuverability, or both.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,519
[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
14 minutes ago, Xidax_Gamer said:

Co-op gives me the opportunity to play the all-too-many ships in my port that are completely helpless v. CV either by virtue of poor AA, poor maneuverability, or both.

See also "Bogatyr vs. RTS Hosho player who knows what he's doing". Been there, done that. Only having to cope with one airborne group at a time (unless both or all three CV decide simultaneously that I'm going to be their fresh meaet) is a welcome relief. My experience with rework T4 CV (I ground out the entirety of the Hosho) is that two or more carriers TEND to attack separate targets, and sometimes the one that's picking on you WILL get bored and go after soemthing else. But a single RTS Hosho could make a Bogatyr's life short and miserable.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
51 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Doing the Admiral Thunder thing until CVs are fixed.

Kill them bots!

Im using you as a duck blind im hiding that hard. From what ive heard counterplay is in the works but ill believe it when the likes of @Final8ty say its safe to come out. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Xanshin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[PHD]
Members
1,700 posts
7,043 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

See also "Bogatyr vs. RTS Hosho player who knows what he's doing". Been there, done that. Only having to cope with one airborne group at a time (unless both or all three CV decide simultaneously that I'm going to be their fresh meaet) is a welcome relief. My experience with rework T4 CV (I ground out the entirety of the Hosho) is that two or more carriers TEND to attack separate targets, and sometimes the one that's picking on you WILL get bored and go after soemthing else. But a single RTS Hosho could make a Bogatyr's life short and miserable.

I actually saw Lert in a PvE match with a Bogatyr last week. At least I think it was him.

I got a Tachibana last week and having fun with it, no worries about a CV ever with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,169
[TBW]
Members
10,589 posts
18,158 battles

Co op battles are generally quicker battles, I have been grinding tiers 8 and 9 ships there, credits kind of suck but the XP is about the same as random per hour. The best thing about Co op is you don't have to go play hide and seek to succeed, as a matter of fact if you try to not get shot at, you make no points at all. My play-style is not so good for higher tier Randoms. I do Operations for credits and xp, it's Co op week, because Newport sucks so bad with most Random teams (it's not a signal worthy operation). I haven't been playing when Hoperations channel is populated, so it's Co op for the win.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,690
[PVE]
Members
4,678 posts
20,617 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can't wait for bot CV to come to co-op because I prefer the playstyle there. It's more exciting, and it offers me a greater number of battles per limited amount of play time. At the same time, I don't want to be accused of going there to hide from carriers.

I hope they never come to COOP.  That just night be the last straw for a great many I know in game....  I know they, our host, doesn't care but, if that process starts, it snowballs to all of the rest of that group.  We all left WoTs this way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[PENND]
Members
355 posts
7,807 battles
8 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Co op battles are generally quicker battles, I have been grinding tiers 8 and 9 ships there, credits kind of suck but the XP is about the same as random per hour. The best thing about Co op is you don't have to go play hide and seek to succeed, as a matter of fact if you try to not get shot at, you make no points at all. My play-style is not so good for higher tier Randoms. I do Operations for credits and xp, it's Co op week, because Newport sucks so bad with most Random teams (it's not a signal worthy operation). I haven't been playing when Hoperations channel is populated, so it's Co op for the win.

I couldn't have said it better myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
527
[XG]
Members
323 posts
3,216 battles
18 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I hope they never come to COOP.  That just night be the last straw for a great many I know in game....  I know they, our host, doesn't care but, if that process starts, it snowballs to all of the rest of that group.  We all left WoTs this way.

I'm holding out hope that when flying toasters make it back into PvE the one-squad-per-CV will not be particularly loathsome.

Frankly, I like having the extra BB as an XP pinata, but 2 or 3 can be a bit...challenging. :Smile_teethhappy:

image.png.f6faae5d3c7110d73eb86065fadbcbff.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,179
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Aren't they coming to CoOp in the next patch or two? Is it not easier to shift to playing AA-Heavy boats if they bother you that much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[EQRN]
Members
2,132 posts
18,655 battles
22 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I hope they never come to COOP.  That just night be the last straw for a great many I know in game....  I know they, our host, doesn't care but, if that process starts, it snowballs to all of the rest of that group.  We all left WoTs this way.

 

If bot planes fly in a straight line like they sail their ships, bot CVs in co op aren’t going to be a problem :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,219
[PVE]
Members
12,588 posts
26,208 battles
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, BearlyHereBear said:

Doing the Admiral Thunder thing until CVs are fixed.

Kill them bots!

The irony of that statement is that other than some grinding I did in the RU BB line to get the T9 and then T10 I am mainly playing CV these days grinding those. So AT's Co-op thing right now is CV's. :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,219
[PVE]
Members
12,588 posts
26,208 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Aren't they coming to CoOp in the next patch or two? Is it not easier to shift to playing AA-Heavy boats if they bother you that much?

They announced they were returning to Co-op in the 8.4 patch notes (or a Dev Blog post about 8.4 content can't remember which) so everyone (including me) assumed they meant in 8.4. But it was typical poor translation/wording, or just poor thought process, on WG's part. They were just saying they are coming back SOONTM basically sometime in the next few patches. 

3 hours ago, Xidax_Gamer said:

I'm holding out hope that when flying toasters make it back into PvE the one-squad-per-CV will not be particularly loathsome.

Frankly, I like having the extra BB as an XP pinata, but 2 or 3 can be a bit...challenging. :Smile_teethhappy:

I always looked at it that the extra BB/BB's were just more damage for me as well. I have had some really good games with those extra BB's matching the CV's. But now that I am also grinding CV's I get a lot of "thanks for bringing cancer to Co-op" or "it's your fault we have to play extra BB's" type comments. :Smile_smile:

It was a lot worse having to face those extra BB's when the new CV's 1st hit because you couldn't count on the CV player (usually) to be much help. But now that people are used to playing them they contribute at least some. It's more a case of not having enough time to do much that causes CV players to place low on the leader board now than it is lack of skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Co-op is the only playable version of this game at the moment for me. It's relatively quick, easy and mostly fun. The bots can get annoying at times, but that's far less annoying than CVs ever have been. I don't think WG will do anything big with CVs for the foreseeable future, if ever. The spreadsheets say that we're having fun with them, so we must be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,563 battles
37 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

If bot planes fly in a straight line like they sail their ships, bot CVs in co op aren’t going to be a problem :cap_rambo:

This. They haven't gotten the bot ships to play with any intelligence and I don't expect the CVs to be much different. The TBs will probably charge in and impale themselves on AA while trying to launch torp attacks from the bow, and then the carrier will rush in and try to use its secondaries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[BSL]
Members
1,231 posts
21,333 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The irony of that statement is that other than some grinding I did in the RU BB line to get the T9 and then T10 I am mainly playing CV these days grinding those. So AT's Co-op thing right now is CV's. :Smile_veryhappy:

LOL:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,690
[PVE]
Members
4,678 posts
20,617 battles
3 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

If bot planes fly in a straight line like they sail their ships, bot CVs in co op aren’t going to be a problem :cap_rambo:

If I remember correctly, the dev's said update 8.0 was thoroughly tested for game play acceptance.....  Imagine the 8.0 carriers in COOP: even if driven by an AI....  We go there to not even see Carriers; let alone, play against them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[EQRN]
Members
2,132 posts
18,655 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

If I remember correctly, the dev's said update 8.0 was thoroughly tested for game play acceptance.....  Imagine the 8.0 carriers in COOP: even if driven by an AI....  We go there to not even see Carriers; let alone, play against them....

Then you need to start prepping your “I’m quitting the game” thread, because they are coming to co op.  Frankly, I’m looking forward to de-planing the bleeping Skynet doodlers.  But, I know I’m a minority, so when bot CVs finally make their entrance and people feel the need to inform the community of their quitting, please make it a little more original than the ones we’ve seen so far :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×