You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soban

It's been a long time coming, Goodbye WarGaming

143 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,144 posts
5,659 battles

1) Conqueror's citadel is being raised.
2) AA is being retooled.
3) Smolensk and Colbert are works in progress, though I do agree that too many HE slinging, rapid fire ships have been added to the game.

• Funny 2

[ECOM]
Members
38 posts
8,650 battles
2 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

Another one of these..

images (1).jpg

I want a game that requires players to actually improve in order to win fights, not simply play a certain ship to win. I don't think it's unreasonable if you go out to eat you expect the food you paid for to be well prepared.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles
6 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

Another one of these..

images (1).jpg

Another player wording somewhat thought out criticism in an otherwise respectful manner about a game they used to enjoy?

What are you, the NKVD here to erase people from photos if they disagree with anything WG does?

• Cool 18
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[_WAR_]
Members
8 posts
11,059 battles

I can see why OP is frustrated with the direction of the game, but as a veteran player myself (three years running now), I still manage to have fun despite the flaws. No, I don't fully agree with CV rework because rocket planes mean death to DDs, a full AA build DM can still lose 10k to DBs with Defensive Fire up and sector buffed (or cit by Hakuryu AP bombers) while trying to evade, etc. Still, I'm holding out that WG will at least fix the mess with AA.

The HE spam has gotten worse (from a DM main, that says something), but the ships mentioned can be countered. Harugumo by torps, Worcester by IFHE 152s or 203s, and so forth. I honestly have more issues with MM (lopsided radar cruiser matchups etc.) and lag (which seems to have gotten better this week) than I do from CV, HE spam, or 'OP' ships (like JB).

Having said all that, best regards to OP in his future gaming endeavors. You do what you feel you gotta do.

• Cool 3

[KIA-C]
Members
3,551 posts
15,600 battles

US and IJN haven't been powercreeped THAT hard. Even if NA has a US bias, I still see a lot of US and IJN ship in competitive because they still provide things other nation don't.

-DM is a good DPM machine and not a ship you want to push into

-Zao is an extremely deadly sneak flanker with some scary AP deletion potential

-Gearing remains a very good multi tool ship

-Shimakaze is very scary to face.

-Montana remains a solid pick for having no real weaknesses

-Yamato just ignore most armour.

Conqueror is getting a citadel but at the same time, her heal is getting improved too. I'm not sure it was needed but we'll see. Worcester is stupidly strong but mainly because IFHE allow you to pen everything, something WG is also looking at it.

Colbert and Smolensk are being tested. They have rapid fire guns but at the same time, these ship have DD guns, which mean you're very limited against BB and some CA.

As for AA, WG is currently working on it

• Cool 1

Members
1,660 posts
18 minutes ago, Soban said:

I am finally throwing in the towel and getting rid of World of Warships.

Having played since there were only the USA and IJN Navies I've noticed something that has been creeping up more and more with a significant number of recent patches. Unlike before where ships all used to have unique things about them. Mino having Smokescreen, Hindi getting really potent AP rounds. All of these Unique traits made for a variety of different play styles.

But then WoWs started to change with I would say the Conquerer. No longer did you have a ship with certain characteristics but a ship that really doesn't fit in anywhere. Yammy has Lolpen shells, Kurfurst could brawl and had good secondaries and Montana had solid AA. What is the Conquerer supposed to do? It has better stealth than Cruisers, insane fire chance and damage on the HE rounds. It's very hard to citadel, and has super heal.  Now we have ships like the Worcester. It has Defensive AA, Hydro, and Radar and it has better survivability than the actual Heavy Cruiser for the US, the Des Moines (which eats crap no matter the angle it is shot from). Why does a Worcester have everything handed to it? Even though Mino is a similar ship it has two big differences It has Smoke or Radar, not both. Mino Players also have to deal with the fact they only have AP and have a Hull made of cardboard, but they do have torps.

There should always be advantages or disadvantages that must be learned in order to fully master a ship. What about the Conquerer? You don't need to aim with AP at weak points you can just fire HE and deal 15k damage and set multiple fires every volley, You don't need to worry as much about sailing Broadside because Guess what? You are hard to citadel and you are able to heal an insane amount. The Worcester, you don't need to make a choice between Hydro or DFAA or Radar you get all of them, and a good amount of the time you won't get citadeled if you sail broadside because the enemy shooting at you will just get overpenetration. These are a few examples but I believe you get the idea of what I mean.

And finally, we have CV's.  I'll start off by saying yes I do hate CV's and as powerful as they were in RTS style, I would rather have those version of CV's than what is in place now. Why would I rather have RTS CV's? Because at least you have Defensive AA fire even if you didn't shoot planes down, you had a way to reduce the damage they would deal by dispersing their attacks. All you do now is wonder when the CV is going to focus you down and get annoyed at the fact that AA guns don't actually work. I am tired of being a chew toy for CV's with no reliable way to defend myself. I understand that this is accurate from a historical standpoint and that CV's are overpowered in real life, but I don't think that it is fair that one ship class, if played well, will always dominate a match.

To say what I would change to be "Positive" here are my suggestions:

Stop putting these Flame Thrower Machine guns ships in the game like Haragumo Worcester and Smolensk. I don't mind ships with a high rate of fire, but if they are dealing 7k damage salvos (Smolensk) then it should not have a 4 second reload and 10% chance of fire. it's not balanced.

Get Ship Weaknesses or tradeoffs back into the game and stop making ships defined by consumables rather than other features.

And Fix AA so that players can actually defend themselves.

I liked World Of Warships and I believed that it was incredibly well thought out and designed game. But I am tired of these things getting out of balance. Until at some of these are fixed I have uninstalled WoW.  Right now the game is not serving the loyal players who have been with it for years, but rather the newer players who are not as invested in the game.  As a paying customer, I feel that I have a right to comment on the direction the game is taking.

Try the PTS server for 0.8.5, you might enjoy it more.  Less salt and you can try the new AA.

Members
4,488 posts
20,684 battles

I just want to point out  OP number of battles and forum posts

Very interesting another dissatisfied customer and not a regular 

• Cool 5

[ECOM]
Members
38 posts
8,650 battles
Just now, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

If you want to leave, leave quitely. There is no reason to spill Drama.. Nothing is gonna change

Maybe not. But I have invested a lot of effort into WoWs. If I didn't care about it I wouldn't have posted anything. I have enjoyed WoWs for a good number of years now. I'm not eager to leave I have made a lot of friends here. I figure if WarGaming is actually willing to listen, then maybe things will change.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[A-CUP]
Members
1,023 posts
8,232 battles

Your are not the only one that invested a lot of time

Edited by Nagato_Kai__Ni
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,973 battles
2 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

Your are not the only one that invested a lot of time

Then I guess he can post whatever he wants.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
6,916 posts
22,666 battles
27 minutes ago, Soban said:

Why does a Worcester have everything handed to it? Even though Mino is a similar ship it has two big differences It has Smoke or Radar, not both.

Wait...you get smoke in your Worcester? I Want Smoke In My Worcester!!!

IF I DON'T GET SMOKE IN MY WORCESTER I QUIT!!!

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[ECOM]
Members
38 posts
8,650 battles
6 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

US and IJN haven't been powercreeped THAT hard. Even if NA has a US bias, I still see a lot of US and IJN ship in competitive because they still provide things other nation don't.

-DM is a good DPM machine and not a ship you want to push into

-Zao is an extremely deadly sneak flanker with some scary AP deletion potential

-Gearing remains a very good multi tool ship

-Shimakaze is very scary to face.

-Montana remains a solid pick for having no real weaknesses

-Yamato just ignore most armour.

Conqueror is getting a citadel but at the same time, her heal is getting improved too. I'm not sure it was needed but we'll see. Worcester is stupidly strong but mainly because IFHE allow you to pen everything, something WG is also looking at it.

Colbert and Smolensk are being tested. They have rapid fire guns but at the same time, these ship have DD guns, which mean you're very limited against BB and some CA.

As for AA, WG is currently working on it

Maybe I misunderstand you, I did not say US IJN got power creep only stated that I have been playing since there were only 2 Nations in Game. All of these new Ships just seems to be a ship for everything rather than a few defining features. Zao Does have Stealth and IMO some of the best Characteristics on the guns out of any cruiser (Shell Grouping and such). But let's say the Hindi had Better Ruddershift and Turn Circle and add to the fact that it came with DFAA and Hydro and Radar. What would be the point of playing something like the Des Moines? Hindi's main features are the AP and Armor (IMO) Worcester is Anti DD with Radar Anti Air and due to fire chance and IFHE well anti-everything she doesn't take Cits like a Des Moines does. And while the DM does have amazing AP rounds and will just about kill any other cruiser it faces I believe most people would rather play the Worcester because it is just better. No Hard Choices to make the only thing you lose is the Amazing 203 AP rounds and you gain Hydro/DFAA at the same time.

[TDRB]
Members
5,149 posts
13,741 battles
13 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

If you want to leave, leave quitely. There is no reason to spill Drama.. Nothing is gonna change

Why should people just quietly quit? According to his post a lot has changed. What's wrong with sharing your views? You are not required to read these post.

• Cool 12

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,252 posts
23,616 battles
15 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

So because the OP is committing the sin of drama, you feel a need to be dramatic and nasty.....You are pathetic. 

There is nothing dramatic about the original post. It is thoughtfully and respectfully laid out, something I imagine I wouldn't do in the same position as a paying customer. We have seen far too many "I Quit" posts as of late, mostly from people who have been playing a long time with many, many games under their belt. We are losing our veteran players. We should not be losing this group of people. Make fun all you want to Nagato, it is stupid but it does seem that is the new meta for Wargaming titles. 

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[90THV]
Members
1,912 posts
8,061 battles
3 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Why should people just quietly quit? According to his post a lot has changed. What's wrong with sharing your views? You are not required to read these post.

You are not required to pass judgment on his criticism of a post.  See, this can go on for awhile.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,119 posts
14,728 battles
34 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

Another one of these..

images (1).jpg

The OP put his reasons out in a far far better manner than most "I QUIT!" posts

However no matter how well put the obligatory is required.
h961593E0

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[ECOM]
Members
38 posts
8,650 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The OP put his reasons out in a far far better manner than most "I QUIT!" posts

However no matter how well put the obligatory is required.
h961593E0

I only hand out stuff in battle mostly to players on the enemy team. (Sometimes the other can't be helped)

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,402 posts
4,198 battles
17 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Wait...you get smoke in your Worcester? I Want Smoke In My Worcester!!!

IF I DON'T GET SMOKE IN MY WORCESTER I QUIT!!!

Holy RNGESUS, Wooster with smoke.....as a BB driver the only thing scarier is the return of the Kitakami with Asashio torps.

To the OP, it's called the free market, you don't like the game, you can leave, everyone entitled to their opinion.

My own issue is the constant stream of T9 and T10 premiums lately. I mean, every update has 2 more announced. It's getting a bit ridiculous at this point, why do we need yet another coal or steel ship? Missouri, Musashi, Kronstat were special, but at this rate there's going to be more "special" premiums than regular premiums. When was the last time an interesting (not copy paste with some gimmick consumable) T8 regular old premium ship was added?

• Cool 1

[WKY12]
Members
799 posts
12,901 battles
42 minutes ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

But you come into the thread and cause drama; makes sense....

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,149 posts
13,741 battles
20 minutes ago, GE_Capital said:

You are not required to pass judgment on his criticism of a post.  See, this can go on for awhile.

Required? No, I'm not required. But We all should respect the other person's right to use this forum. Again reading a post is not required neither is responding.

Members
3,797 posts
13,766 battles

I like this thread because it's turning into an endless loop. 

GJ forum posters, you never let me down. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1