You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KnifeInUrNeck

GG wargaming CVs suck now

29 comments in this topic

[NH]
Members
1,792 posts

Ships like the Hak are terrible at hunting DDs and even more so now that the engine boost is nerfed. Its not the top speed Im worried about its how they nerfed how slow you can go. All my planes turn like a truck now and getting on target is way harder. Not sure if that was intended but it like flying a brick. Meanwhile people are screaming at me to hunt out the DD. I literally cant.

Edited by Dr_Citadel

[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,794 battles

Please..... they have always sucked..... just less so than now...... OOOOOH!!! you get to actually aim the planes a little better!!!...... ya no.... AA is where is should be.... CV's should have fighters to protect the fleet..... and WG needs better brains to make this all work...... (ooh ooh!! let's hire people that die their hair and talk with a cute accent.... that should confuse them!!!!).... though... that's the NA part of the company, hard to blame them for it all...... 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,490 posts
27,464 battles
11 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

:cap_like:

CVs are fine.  They may still require some tweaking around the edges, but overall, the play style is vastly more enjoyable.

They're vastly more enjoyable than with that garbage RTS version.  Mind you, saying "garbage RTS" is an oxymoron, since RTS systems are garbage.

• Meh 4

[SALVO]
Members
25,490 posts
27,464 battles
2 minutes ago, Lollipops said:

Please..... they have always sucked..... just less so than now...... OOOOOH!!! you get to actually aim the planes a little better!!!...... ya no.... AA is where is should be.... CV's should have fighters to protect the fleet..... and WG needs better brains to make this all work...... (ooh ooh!! let's hire people that die their hair and talk with a cute accent.... that should confuse them!!!!).... though... that's the NA part of the company, hard to blame them for it all...... 

Oh, come on, no need to pick on people who dye (not die) their hair.  I might think that it's really silly looking, but I'm not going to pick on them for doing so.  There are better things to worry about.

[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,794 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Oh, come on, no need to pick on people who dye (not die) their hair.  I might think that it's really silly looking, but I'm not going to pick on them for doing so.  There are better things to worry about.

I love the hair color actually...... it is the brainlessness of the input from said colored hair person.

[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
1,888 battles

May I ask what you personally don't like about current CVs?

[TDRB]
Members
5,153 posts
13,741 battles

A title but no reason given. Is someone trolling?

[SALVO]
Members
25,490 posts
27,464 battles
10 minutes ago, Lollipops said:

I love the hair color actually...... it is the brainlessness of the input from said colored hair person.

OK.  Your comment didn't quite come off that way (at least to me), but ok.

[SOV]
Members
4,676 posts
49 minutes ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Ships like the Hak are terrible at hunting DDs and even more so now that the engine boost is nerfed. Its not the top speed Im worried about its how they nerfed how slow you can go. All my planes turn like a truck now and getting on target is way harder. Not sure if that was intended but it like flying a brick. Meanwhile people are screaming at me to hunt out the DD. I literally cant.

Indeed true and if they do this pick a plane and kill it along with stupid long regen times there will be no point.  Sipan has a 2 min regen great, why have a heal on torp bombers now?  Rocket planes have to be buffed because you get one pass and that's it!

Members
1,852 posts
5,590 battles
52 minutes ago, Dr_Citadel said:

Yeah the Hak, like most IJN carriers, should target capital ships. USN is still the lighter ship hunter. I don't have the Hak or Midway mind you though I see them constantly.

Carriers aren't always the scourge of the DD world as some seem to think. Players shouldn't demand that to be their role. 

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,982 battles
1 hour ago, Prothall said:

If they truly suck, then yes, WG did a good job.

Great to see you have an objective view.

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,490 posts
27,464 battles
58 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Adapt.

Improvise.  Overcome.

[SIM]
Members
5,392 posts
8,891 battles

The Graf Zeppelin is in a pretty awful place, but the others that I play still get the job done, more or less. 

[SALVO]
Members
25,490 posts
27,464 battles
16 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

According to Little white mouse, AA is broken at the moment. 

So

Good Luck!

I don't think that it's broken, but it is badly designed/implemented from what I understand.

[KERMT]
Members
1,040 posts
Just now, Crucis said:

I don't think that it's broken, but it is badly designed/implemented from what I understand.

from what I read a good CV player can avoid flak bursts entirely with the slingshot then the RNG with the short range AA can be mitigated to the point where it is uselss via CV commander skills.

So while it might not be totally ineffective it is not far off.

[PVE]
Members
4,667 posts
20,617 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's stupid..........  AA must be able to be "aimed" or get rid of the targets because they don't conform to the FPS ethic.....if I can aim at it, I can win because I can hit it because of my aim........  (sigh)

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,490 posts
27,464 battles
Just now, Asym_KS said:

It's stupid..........  AA must be able to be "aimed" or get rid of the targets because they don't conform to the FPS ethic.....if I can aim at it, I can win because I can hit it because of my aim........  (sigh)

NO!!!  AA should remain automatic!  The last thing I want to have to do is try to multitask main guns and AA.  Enough of this!  Stop looking for  excuses to make the game more bleeping complex!!!  There's nothing wrong with the basic AA sector management model.  They just need to tweak around the edges.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,298 posts
23,709 battles
35 minutes ago, Crucis said:

NO!!!  AA should remain automatic!  The last thing I want to have to do is try to multitask main guns and AA.  Enough of this!  Stop looking for  excuses to make the game more bleeping complex!!!  There's nothing wrong with the basic AA sector management model.  They just need to tweak around the edges.

I would take this further and say it is too fiddly in its current state. If they want to keep the sector defense AA, fine, but automate it. Select on the aircraft (ie the olden day way) and then let the computer adjust sectors needed. Heck just make it a skill so those of us who don't want to screw with it can go on with our lives and not mess with the minutiae. 

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
25,490 posts
27,464 battles
33 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I would take this further and say it is too fiddly in its current state. If they want to keep the sector defense AA, fine, but automate it. Select on the aircraft (ie the olden day way) and then let the computer adjust sectors needed. Heck just make it a skill so those of us who don't want to screw with it can go on with our lives and not mess with the minutiae. 

I have no problem with managing the AA sectors.  There's even some skill to it, though some may not realize it.  I picked up a trick from watching one of the CCs, where he did the following.  Say that torp bombers were making their attack run off his port side and the AA sector was already set to port.  As the bombers got close to his ship, the CC would then flip the AA sector to the other side, knowing that this would get the sector flipped to starboard before the enemy planes could make an attack on his starboard side.

I do think that they need to make the AA sector management easier to do, with better key binds, though.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,298 posts
23,709 battles
28 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I do think that they need to make the AA sector management easier to do, with better key binds, though.

That would be a good solution as well. Personally I just don't want to mess with it other than giving the order to shoot at the planes (focus fire). There is too much else going on during a match than playing with AA in my estimation.