Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rgtx1121

How do I make sure my PTS account is linked with my Steam account?

10 comments in this topic

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,902 battles

This is a crosspost from the "support" section of the forum, since I do not know how much traffic that section gets.

I want to make sure that I registered my PTS account correctly so that any rewards I receive get credited to my steam account. Before everyone sends me the link to the WG site, I have read it but am still unclear.

WG states that to successfully link your steam account to your PTS account, you need to complete your registration as normal, using the same e-mail that you use for steam, but to use a "button in port". This is the part that is confusing me.

I registered my PTS account  through the WG site using my steam e-mail, using a different username, but how do I know these accounts are truly linked?

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,865 posts
4,733 battles

If you use the same email, them you'll claim your PT rewards for the Steam account through the WG site, where you will log in with that email.

The "button in port" rings no bells with me.  What exactly does it say?

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,902 battles

"Steam & Microsoft Store users follow the same process when joining the Public Test. This means you’ll need to complete your account, using a special button in the Port (this ensures any public test rewards will be credited to your Steam / Windows account). The next step is to download the Public Test client - this will run separately from the Steam / Windows Store version of the game."

What do you mean when you say that I would claim my rewards through the WG site? If I get a reward in PTS (lets use signals as an example), will they not automatically populate in my inventory when I play the game in steam?

Sorry, I am a bit clueless with this.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
5 minutes ago, Rgtx1121 said:

"Steam & Microsoft Store users follow the same process when joining the Public Test. This means you’ll need to complete your account, using a special button in the Port (this ensures any public test rewards will be credited to your Steam / Windows account). The next step is to download the Public Test client - this will run separately from the Steam / Windows Store version of the game."

What do you mean when you say that I would claim my rewards through the WG site? If I get a reward in PTS (lets use signals as an example), will they not automatically populate in my inventory when I play the game in steam?

Sorry, I am a bit clueless with this.

No. You have to claim any rewards after a PT. usually a few days to a week afterwords.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,865 posts
4,733 battles
4 minutes ago, Rgtx1121 said:

will they not automatically populate in my inventory when I play the game in steam?

No.  They will go into a reward queue that you can claim at any time.  But you will have to log into the WoWS site to do so.  Then they go into your inventory.

I have no idea what that text is talking about.  In your Steam client, in your player menu, is there a line "Complete your Registration"?

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,902 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No.  They will go into a reward queue that you can claim at any time.  But you will have to log into the WoWS site to do so.  Then they go into your inventory.

I have no idea what that text is talking about.  In your Steam client, in your player menu, is there a line "Complete your Registration"?

I did not see one. 

I am feeling like even more of a noob than before as I have always played WOWs through Steam and not the WG center.  This forum is on the same WOWs website that I would use to claim my rewards, correct? I just reviewed my profile on this website and I could not find any "inventory" section. I do know that my account on this site is linked with my Steam account through. I wish WG had a more comprehensive guide on this.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,865 posts
4,733 battles

Your Inventory is in your game client, on the player menu.  You'll also get Notifications when the flags are added to the client, but most people miss them.

Try this link.  You won't have anything to claim, but the mechanism will be the same.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/userbonus/

Edited by iDuckman

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,902 battles

I know about the inventory in the in-game client, I used it all the time. I thought you were alluding to an inventory on the website.

I had NO idea about that link's existence. I apparently have a ton of "good behavior" camo and the USS Albany as rewards. Who knew.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,865 posts
4,733 battles

The web site doesn't know about your game state.  The Premium Shop does keep track of your activity in it, and of course there's your profile, but the site and game client are separate entities

2 hours ago, Rgtx1121 said:

I had NO idea about that link's existence. I apparently have a ton of "good behavior" camo and the USS Albany as rewards. Who knew.

"good behavior" camo, eh?  I mean, I've been a good boy for more than a week! and I get nada, zip, zilch, nothing.  It's so unfair.

So how about an upvote?  :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this