You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Oblivious

How are we building Gearing for ranked?

4 comments in this topic

Members
77 posts
3,083 battles

So far I've had a pretty decent go at ranked in my Gearing this season. I've been playing her like a torpedo boat with PT, AR, LS, SE, TAE, RPF, and CE with complimentary modules but I'm finding that more and more I'm in a DD hunter role and that's where I'm in trouble. Hurgumos and Darings are eating me alive. I'm wondering what everyone else is running and if a gun build will keep up with Harugumo and Daring? And if not, any tactics that might help me gain the upper hand in knife fight?

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
758 posts
7,010 battles

Your build looks good. Have you found RPF useful? I tried it in clan wars and it was helpful at times but that 4 pts is steep. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,789 posts
16,929 battles
1 hour ago, Selelai said:

So far I've had a pretty decent go at ranked in my Gearing this season. I've been playing her like a torpedo boat with PT, AR, LS, SE, TAE, RPF, and CE with complimentary modules but I'm finding that more and more I'm in a DD hunter role and that's where I'm in trouble. Hurgumos and Darings are eating me alive. I'm wondering what everyone else is running and if a gun build will keep up with Harugumo and Daring? And if not, any tactics that might help me gain the upper hand in knife fight?

If your squaring off with Hairy Gumballs and Darings, See if you have one of the same available to go with you? If not maybe a radar equipped cruiser? The Gearing doesn't have heal, radar, sonar, khab armor and no longer the fastest gun in the west. It's still a awesome ship just may need a little help dealing with the ones you mentioned.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASD013&modules=11111&upgrades=124223&commander=PAW405&skills=3223502850&ar=100&consumables=222&lang=en

You beat Daring and Harugumo through team work.  Either run a smoke colum in the area for your radar ships to move in undetected to deal with them, or lay in wait in an ambush spot at a cap and wait for a teammate to radar or hydro them.  Then it’s time to smoke and farm.

Also against Harugumo hold your torps for when they smoke up.  It’s a high probability opportunity to land torp hits, and has the potential to make them waste their precious few smokes reducing the HE spam your team takes dramatically.