Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Beauregard23

To WG: Yeuyang - A Simple Solution

13 comments in this topic

[Y0L0]
Members
248 posts
22,141 battles

Since your little "adjustment", the Yeuyang has become a ghost ship.  You hardly see it anymore in random or clan battles and for good reason.  That's not a "balancing", that's a crummy magic trick, "watch us make a ship disappear right before your eyes."  Since you refuse to give a refund for it or for the permanent camos purchased for it you have an obligation to fix it.   Since the main reason for its prior success was its radar you can simply add an alternate hull which many other ships have.  Hull A it keeps its current configuration, Hull B it goes back to it's former gun and torp reload but can't mount radar.  Without radar a YY is basically a Gearing with DWT and no DFAA so there is NO reason it shouldn't have the same gun and torp reload.  What possible objection could you have to doing this? 

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,034 battles
30 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The simple solution is to just revert the ham-fisted nerfs.

You mean ..... WG admit it did something wrong ..... and made a mistake ..... ?

Well. as Leslie Nielsen would say ..... "Shirley. you jest!"

• Funny 1

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,460 posts
13,610 battles

The nerf just needs undone completely.  Even in CB there are tactics to defeat radar Yue Yang spam.  In random Yue Yang can not farm nearly as hard as smoke.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
23 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You mean ..... WG admit it did something wrong ..... and made a mistake ..... ?

Well. as Leslie Nielsen would say ..... "Shirley. you jest!"

Don't call me Shirley......

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,034 battles
20 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Don't call me Shirley......

Classic

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,680 posts
35,906 battles

Nerfing the YY was wrong and overdone.

Nothing has been done to correct it and it has been how many patches?

Used to love that boat. Haven't played it many months. I already get enough pain playing Shima, Z-52, Gearing and even Groz in a Midway/Hak dominant world. No need for more pain. Unfun? Yes, that summarizes it. So I stopped playing T9+ DDs (and I am a DD main). Painful I don't want.

PS: yes I have it with a 19 pointer, and perma-camo. All wasted.

• Cool 1

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

Radar was rendered a very dumb choice as soon as 8.0 dropped and carriers got popular. Its purely a death sentence to try and take anything but smoke since then which means its just an all around crappier Gearing.

It will get buffed eventually but its going to take a long long time since it wasn't very popular and its not Russian.

Edited by ksix

[SALVO]
Members
25,521 posts
27,523 battles
1 hour ago, Beauregard23 said:

Since your little "adjustment", the Yeuyang has become a ghost ship.  You hardly see it anymore in random or clan battles and for good reason.  That's not a "balancing", that's a crummy magic trick, "watch us make a ship disappear right before your eyes."  Since you refuse to give a refund for it or for the permanent camos purchased for it you have an obligation to fix it.   Since the main reason for its prior success was its radar you can simply add an alternate hull which many other ships have.  Hull A it keeps its current configuration, Hull B it goes back to it's former gun and torp reload but can't mount radar.  Without radar a YY is basically a Gearing with DWT and no DFAA so there is NO reason it shouldn't have the same gun and torp reload.  What possible objection could you have to doing this? 

Dude, I agree with your assessment that the YY has become a ghost ship since it got nerfed into the ground.  I don't like your solution.

What I would suggest is for the devs to complete reassess the flavor (beyond DWTs) for the high tier PA DDs.  For starters, try to decide whether these DDs should be seen as gunboats first or stealthy torp boats first, since almost no balanced DD is really a perfect balance of the two.  They usually lean more towards one or the other.   So, if the PA DDs were to be more gunboat than torp boat, the YY might have its gun reload nerf undone, but keep the torp reload as is.  And vice-versa, if it was going to be more of a torp boat than gunboat, it might have its torp reload unnerfed and the gun reload remain as is.

Secondly, I'd suggest removing the radar from the tier 8 through 10 PA DDs, and replacing it with one or two other consumables that best fit the desired flavor.  If more of a gunboat, maybe Heal and/or Hydro.  And if more of a torp boat, maybe torp reload booster and maybe Hydro.

Anyways, just some ideas....

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Members
248 posts
22,141 battles
15 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Nerfing the YY was wrong and overdone.

Nothing has been done to correct it and it has been how many patches?

Used to love that boat. Haven't played it many months. I already get enough pain playing Shima, Z-52, Gearing and even Groz in a Midway/Hak dominant world. No need for more pain. Unfun? Yes, that summarizes it. So I stopped playing T9+ DDs (and I am a DD main). Painful I don't want.

PS: yes I have it with a 19 pointer, and perma-camo. All wasted.

19 pt captain and wasted perma-camo here too

[Y0L0]
Members
248 posts
22,141 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Dude, I agree with your assessment that the YY has become a ghost ship since it got nerfed into the ground.  I don't like your solution.

What I would suggest is for the devs to complete reassess the flavor (beyond DWTs) for the high tier PA DDs.  For starters, try to decide whether these DDs should be seen as gunboats first or stealthy torp boats first, since almost no balanced DD is really a perfect balance of the two.  They usually lean more towards one or the other.   So, if the PA DDs were to be more gunboat than torp boat, the YY might have its gun reload nerf undone, but keep the torp reload as is.  And vice-versa, if it was going to be more of a torp boat than gunboat, it might have its torp reload unnerfed and the gun reload remain as is.

Secondly, I'd suggest removing the radar from the tier 8 through 10 PA DDs, and replacing it with one or two other consumables that best fit the desired flavor.  If more of a gunboat, maybe Heal and/or Hydro.  And if more of a torp boat, maybe torp reload booster and maybe Hydro.

Anyways, just some ideas....

Appreciate the ideas but don't you agree getting a first step at least by returning the smoke version which I and many others were perfectly happy with is better than nothing or waiting for WG to do a full reassess, how loooooonggggg do you think that would take?  My idea can be done now with no playtesting necessary.  Other steps can be taken later.

[SALVO]
Members
25,521 posts
27,523 battles
2 hours ago, Beauregard23 said:

Appreciate the ideas but don't you agree getting a first step at least by returning the smoke version which I and many others were perfectly happy with is better than nothing or waiting for WG to do a full reassess, how loooooonggggg do you think that would take?  My idea can be done now with no playtesting necessary.  Other steps can be taken later.

It seems to me that no matter what they do, it'd take them a looooonnnnggg time.  Might as well do it right the first time.

[SALVO]
Members
25,521 posts
27,523 battles
3 hours ago, Beauregard23 said:

19 pt captain and wasted perma-camo here too

Ditto.  I'm not quite sure that I'll call it wasted, but the ship has been collecting barnacles in port for a while.

Sign in to follow this