You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pura__Vida

Does anyone want this in the game at tier 10?

30 comments in this topic

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles

Granted we already have one or close to it, (Worcester) But this is just obscene. The Colbert? I realize the Smolensk is the same or worse.

Spoiler

WhjiZUl.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
636 posts
19,884 battles

W O R K I N P R O G R E S S
O
R
K
I
N
P
R
O
G
R
E
S
S

• Cool 1

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
3 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

W O R K I N P R O G R E S S
O
R
K
I
N
P
R
O
G
R
E
S
S

So are the CV's

m

o

n

t

h

s

a

n

d

counting. 

Since, the masses don't get to test these things maybe by bringing this to the forum the people that play this game have an actual chance to contribute before this abomination is unleashed on them.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 4

Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles

A weakly armored DPS machine? I think we already have a lot of that in game.

Members
890 posts
14,136 battles

Tier 10 over the years has devolved into nothing but gimmicks and "I win" consumables.

The major reason I liked the old days is that there were hard core rules you could depend on.

BBs fired every 30 (ish) seconds.

Cruisers had cruiser size guns.

DD's didn't fire every 2 seconds and melt down the opponent n 15 seconds.

I left high tier when the gimmicks first started showing up, I see no reason to ever go back.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts

Colbert itls ok because its Atlanta floaty wheels but the Russian one is just dumb.

Lazer guns that basicly have no reload wait time. Gun that turn faster than anthing in the game and smoke.

The Kut was pulled because it was OP now we jave another but worse OP ship in the game.

And for the CV hatera planes cant touch it iether.

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts

The Colbert itls ok because its Atlanta floaty wheels but the Russian one is just dumb.

Lazer guns that basicly have no reload wait time. Gun that turn faster than anthing in the game and smoke.

The Kut was pulled because it was OP now we jave another but worse OP ship in the game.

And for the CV hatera planes cant touch it iether.

Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles
1 hour ago, Prothall said:

Tier 10 over the years has devolved into nothing but gimmicks and "I win" consumables.

The major reason I liked the old days is that there were hard core rules you could depend on.

I left high tier when the gimmicks first started showing up, I see no reason to ever go back

It probably is hard for some people to keep up with all the changes and all the different threats they can face. I think that is one reason its good that they have co-op and don't block off low tier play after X number of battles.

Edited by Alabamastan

Members
2,352 posts
32,360 battles
6 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

I think that is one reason its good that they have co-op and down block off low tier play after X number of battles.

What do you mean by down block off....?

Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles
4 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

What do you mean by down block off....?

Horrid typing due to distractions, fixed original. 

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

Yea, these new cruisers don't bother me at all.

A) WIP

B) Can be countered.

While we still have skycancer ruining the game I really can't be bothered by some easily destroyed cruisers.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Colbert is more or less just an Atlanta at T10. Not quite sure how that is problematic.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,676 posts
35,841 battles

WG had said at one point IIRC some time ago, they wanted to reduce the meta of fire breathers (<cough> Conqueror <cough>), and retired Belfast and Kutuzov as OP, so they built Colbert and Smolensk, because Worcester was not enough fire setting at T10. Nice logic indeed.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,586 posts
9,232 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

How is it worse than people like this playing tier 10 in ranked?

Hide contents

9oaFbiC.png

Because Ranked is temporary, and bad players have been an integral part of the game since Day One...

[WOLFG]
Members
30,586 posts
9,232 battles
58 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Colbert is more or less just an Atlanta at T10. Not quite sure how that is problematic.

Not so much problematic as annoying lol.

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
13,103 battles

Afaik, as of today neither one has radar. So, I don't think they'll be overpowered in and of themselves. Worcester and Minotaur will likely continue to have greater impact.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,854 battles
3 hours ago, Prothall said:

I left high tier when the gimmicks first started showing up, I see no reason to ever go back.

That DDs can take out cruisers and BBs at will is just silly - as any navy veteran can tell you. I understand game play and the need for all ships to be somewhat competitive against all others but T10 DDs seem like

the most dangerous ships afloat - and that's just not right. That I'm getting assaulted by ships I can't ever see, even with radar, is not right as well. I know it's a not a simulation but these are basics and should be

applied.

• Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts
36 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Because Ranked is temporary, and bad players have been an integral part of the game since Day One...

You really want to pretend that the player base isn't devolving faster than ever?

[WOLF3]
Members
28,131 posts
24,479 battles

The ship is going to be very strong in the hands of a good player that knows how to stay alive in flimsy ships and make use of the map.  But I see this thing easily destroyed and negated by anyone that doesn't have those skills.

I see this happening with other very squishy CLs like Atlanta.  Worcester is like this also.

This and Smolensk are really pushing the CL limits though.

24 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You really want to pretend that the player base isn't devolving faster than ever?

It's always been bad.  I remember at launch, High Tier was the bastion of strong, sound play.  That was because most of us scrubs were still flailing wildly in low and mid tiers.  For a good while in 2015, High Tier was where the good play was because the peasants like me (taking Atlanta out in open water trying to fight a Nagato at 9km) had not gotten there yet.  But eventually that changed.

It's always been bad.  Proof?

How long have we had the complaint threads about "Weekend Warriors" or "It sucks out there because the kids are out of school?" (Which I disagree with, kids can be great in video games, just like us older folks when we were that age).

What Ranked Season have we never had complaint threads about the quality of play there?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BOTO]
Members
1,351 posts
16,495 battles
4 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

Granted we already have one or close to it, (Worcester) But this is just obscene. The Colbert? I realize the Smolensk is the same or worse.

Reveal hidden contents

WhjiZUl.png

I don't have a problem with them.  You do realize that they're nowhere close to being finalized, right?  Did you look at the armor?  They're both squishier than the Minotaur, all heavy cruisers and all battleships overmatch them.  They take full pens from practically every angle.  On top of that they have the lowest health pools of all cruisers at Tier 10.  

From what I've seen I don't think either one of them is any better than a Worcester.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,586 posts
9,232 battles
29 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Who cares? Not the average casual gamer, that's for sure.

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The ship is going to be very strong in the hands of a good player that knows how to stay alive in flimsy ships and make use of the map.  But I see this thing easily destroyed and negated by anyone that doesn't have those skills.

I see this happening with other very squishy CLs like Atlanta.  Worcester is like this also.

This and Smolensk are really pushing the CL limits though.

It isn't just the Rambo Gatling gun it's what it does to the other team, Just left a game where the reds had an Alaska we had a Buffalo.

This game/business model is simply cannibalizing itself. Why would anyone play a ship (all things being equal) that could bring in an enemy in the same slot that hits harder, has more health, better tricks, a slicker paint scheme.

Members
1,161 posts

With all the "NEW" ships in development, The Dreams of total annihilation is almost here. WG it is time for a new mode ( GOD MODE)

GOD MODE = Nobody dies the daka daka just goes for the full twenty mins Highest Score is the Winner free for all. 

• Cool 1