You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Springfield_Fats

Why is PvE a dumping ground for punished players?

29 comments in this topic

Members
150 posts
3,638 battles

Started a Scenario, pink Gnevny called '[edited]'. As soon as we spawned he charged straight at the first enemy, rammed them and killed himself. Presumably that removed his pink name so he can go on doing whatever it is he earned to get it in Random Battles.

Why even bother giving a punishment to players if you're going to make it so stupidly easy to remove it? Honestly, if not a single employee working on the game looked at this and said "nah no one will abuse PvE to get rid of this lmbo" then I have EXTREME doubts as the intelligence of anyone working at Wargaming. An untrained monkey would have seen this coming, it's frankly embarrassing to even play a game where no one sat down and thought "wait thats a dumbassed idea"

Keep the pink name removal to Random Battles to make it an actual punishment instead of punishing people who want to play PvE but are instantly down a player on an already unbalanced scenario.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
1,466 posts
40,710 battles
2 hours ago, Springfield_Fats said:

How do you know he was not a PVE main.

Some people just like playing that way in ops,random  and rank just to piss people off. 

[PVE]
Members
12,566 posts
26,113 battles

1 - as Cecil said maybe that is just how they play?

2 - Co-op is actually the punishment zone for pinks not scenarios. IF a player has enough tk damage to be exiled from the holy land (PVP) they can only play in Co-op. It won't let them play in Scenarios. So that player was there by choice (whatever the reason - it was choice not forced).

WG doesn't care at all about Co-op players, and only slightly more so about those who play scenarios. Get used to it because we don't matter.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
1,466 posts
40,710 battles
14 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Senseless tantrum rant

My rant is this. Why do some people think only random players go pink.

I can`t count the players in coop that I have seen go pink because they think they can spam torps at will.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Beta Testers
129 posts
11,728 battles
2 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

My rant is this. Why do some people think only random players go pink.

I can`t count the players in coop that I have seen go pink because they think they can spam torps at will.

Guilty as charged.  :Smile_trollface:  In my defence I thought he was turning the other way.  Still my fault.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
10,570 posts
18,110 battles

I think pink happens more per capita In PVE than in PVP, PVE is where most pink people like to hang.

Down voter you obviously have poor comprehension, so I will explain it to your simple mind. People go hang in Co op until they are not pink anymore an the fight for points causes some people to not care where they are flinging their torps, so there are more pinks per capita but that's just a theory, I have no stats on it really.

Most of the time I could care less about a downvote except when it comes from an intellectually inebriated person.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Meh 3

[PVE]
Members
1,466 posts
40,710 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I think pink happens more per capita In PVE than in PVP, PVE is where most pink people like to hang.

You could be right but I have had 5 or6 games with people crying how much WG sucks because they have to play 10 games in coop.

[TBW]
Members
10,570 posts
18,110 battles
2 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

You could be right but I have had 5 or6 games with people crying how much WG sucks because they have to play 10 games in coop.

That's not pink then that is orange, pink can play where they want but choose co op because there is less chance of team damage. When I go pink (rarely) I go scenarios due to no team damage. Only Orange players have to play in Co op.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,874 posts
11,649 battles

The few times I went pink I played Co-Op fewer ships less chances of collision or a mistake . I stayed a little farther away from everyone  but still tried to win and help the team . If another ship hits you while your pink it’s trouble . 

Edited by clammboy

Members
1,374 posts

When it is time for a little self punishment come to....

CO-OP

World of Warships idea of a BDSM Dungeon for online gamers. 

Where the the bad boys and girls hang out. 

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Boring 1

Members
2,300 posts
5,512 battles

What the OP described is actually EXACTLY how I get rid of pinkness. Only I do it in tier 1. I kill as many bots as possible with guns, and then ram the nearest one. It actually makes being pink bearable and easy to get rid of while blasting the heck out of the bots. BTW...I usually get some outrageously high scores by doing this. I also practice my "ram and survive" skills at tier 1. :Smile_Default:

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
6 hours ago, Springfield_Fats said:

Started a Scenario, pink Gnevny called '[edited]'. As soon as we spawned he charged straight at the first enemy, rammed them and killed himself. Presumably that removed his pink name so he can go on doing whatever it is he earned to get it in Random Battles.

Why even bother giving a punishment to players if you're going to make it so stupidly easy to remove it? Honestly, if not a single employee working on the game looked at this and said "nah no one will abuse PvE to get rid of this lmbo" then I have EXTREME doubts as the intelligence of anyone working at Wargaming. An untrained monkey would have seen this coming, it's frankly embarrassing to even play a game where no one sat down and thought "wait thats a dumbassed idea"

Keep the pink name removal to Random Battles to make it an actual punishment instead of punishing people who want to play PvE but are instantly down a player on an already unbalanced scenario.

Pink does not prevent you from playing random anyway. Orange does, and from what I hear, it takes a few games to remove the orange stain......:Smile_trollface:

[WOLFG]
Members
10,654 posts
9,858 battles
12 hours ago, cecill611 said:

10 games?  When I was first learning about these torpedo thingys, I only got up to 7.

• Funny 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
489 posts
22,060 battles
23 hours ago, clammboy said:

The few times I went pink I played Co-Op fewer ships less chances of collision or a mistake . I stayed a little farther away from everyone  but still tried to win and help the team . If another ship hits you while your pink it’s trouble . 

How about when you are pink and a team mate rams you on purpose?  It happened to me and I wish I'd opened a ticket on the person and included the game replay.  At the time I decided to just let it go...

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,874 posts
11,649 battles
36 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

How about when you are pink and a team mate rams you on purpose?  It happened to me and I wish I'd opened a ticket on the person and included the game replay.  At the time I decided to just let it go...

Yes it happens !!! But  in Co-op your more spread out it’s harder to hit someone by accident or on purpose so I go there when pink .  

Edited by clammboy

[PVE]
Members
12,566 posts
26,113 battles
3 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

Grab a T1 ship (no cost) and do your pink time in T1 Co-op. Just sit in spawn and let the rest go forward. Then move up slowly. The key is to keep a healthy distance from other greens as noobs run into each other a lot as they tunnel vision on what they are shooting at. They also get right next to the reds so watch out for them when firing.

As long as you do a little damage (something) it will remove a game. What is good about doing it at T1 is most there don't even know what pink is yet and won't try to maliciously cause tk damage to make it worse for you as they will in higher tiers. At worst some noob will think you are a red and shoot at you. Just don't shoot back!

I don't go pink often but when I do I grab Black Swan and in about 10 minutes my 2 games are done and I can get on with life.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
489 posts
22,060 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What is good about doing it at T1 is most there don't even know what pink is yet and won't try to maliciously cause tk damage to make it worse for you as they will in higher tiers.

When I first started playing I decided the pink boats must be new players.  :Smile_amazed:  Of course, that was before I discovered WIKI and the forum and began my WOWS education.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,991 battles
On 6/8/2019 at 2:46 AM, Springfield_Fats said:

How is this a problem? A DD taking itself out in Co-op is a blessing! More targets and XP and credits for everyone; you should be thanking the guy!

[WOLF8]
Members
7,592 posts
6,363 battles
9 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't go pink often but when I do I grab Black Swan and in about 10 minutes my 2 games are done and I can get on with life.

For me, it's the Hamelin. :Smile_Default:

She's the only Tier I ship that I kept, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[ANK-A]
Members
1,324 posts
10,996 battles
On 6/8/2019 at 5:55 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

1 - as Cecil said maybe that is just how they play?

2 - Co-op is actually the punishment zone for pinks not scenarios. IF a player has enough tk damage to be exiled from the holy land (PVP) they can only play in Co-op. It won't let them play in Scenarios. So that player was there by choice (whatever the reason - it was choice not forced).

WG doesn't care at all about Co-op players, and only slightly more so about those who play scenarios. Get used to it because we don't matter.

Sad but all too true.  Watched the live stream with Sub_Octavian and tried like hell to get him to answer a question about ops....  Silence

When I end of pink, 19 out 20 times it is a bot on coop not being situationally aware.

Now what I think is totally unfair is when the bots team kill you, what's the punishment??   Ever seen a pink bot?  No, you haven't....  It's pure racism.  Actually it's  worse... It's specism.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
On 6/8/2019 at 2:46 AM, Springfield_Fats said:

You know whats fundamentally flawed with your rant above^^^ ? Pink is a "warning" not a "PUNISHMENT."

The punished players are not visible to you or I (Orange players in-game are not publicly shamed or paraded or known, rest assured they exist among us). The penalty box is ATM Co-Op where it should be.

As far as I am concern a warned "PINK" player should have to right to choose to wash off his penance.  Orange players not so much.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
19,631 battles
On 6/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Admiral is right

We are the "ghetto" of the game.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,747 posts
26,015 battles

Pity the friendly bots don't go orange, I see them inflicting team damage and tks much more often than humans, makes you wonder what they'd be exiled to. Except at t1-t3 those guys are like the kids you see at weddings, scattering flower petals willy nilly, except in their case it's torps.

Members
417 posts
7,649 battles
17 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Grab a T1 ship (no cost) and do your pink time in T1 Co-op. Just sit in spawn and let the rest go forward. Then move up slowly. The key is to keep a healthy distance from other greens as noobs run into each other a lot as they tunnel vision on what they are shooting at. They also get right next to the reds so watch out for them when firing.

As long as you do a little damage (something) it will remove a game. What is good about doing it at T1 is most there don't even know what pink is yet and won't try to maliciously cause tk damage to make it worse for you as they will in higher tiers. At worst some noob will think you are a red and shoot at you. Just don't shoot back!

Sorry man but I don't really get the logic of doing this. This is just 30 - 45 minutes of wasted time. The few times I've screwed up and turned pink I just keep playing as normal. I tend to get a little tunnel vision at times and scrape the odd friendly so the only thing I need to do differently is to make sure to not get too close to ally ships. It's not like your ship is any less effective while pink. And even if you do slip up and collide with a friendly it's only an extra match being pink. No one really cares these days. 

Being pink might make you play a little more carefully during those couple of matches which is kind of the point anyway.