Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Random torps

8 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,781 posts
16,860 battles

Ah, random torpedos. Can be a extreme source of laughter, and salt. When coming up on a cap, and enough time has expired for all the different nations DD's have loaded and had time to shoot them. How do you personally approach? Now this is not meaning just rushing into a cap. This also could mean just traversing your side of a cap on the outside for positioning.

Do you sail straight across?

Sail at a angle, say 45 degree angle away from or towards so you don't have the classic exposed broadside showing?

What are some of your methods of avoiding random torps?

[PVE]
Members
6,892 posts
22,643 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Ah, random torpedos. Can be a extreme source of laughter, and salt. When coming up on a cap, and enough time has expired for all the different nations DD's have loaded and had time to shoot them. How do you personally approach? Now this is not meaning just rushing into a cap. This also could mean just traversing your side of a cap on the outside for positioning.

Sail at a angle, say 45 degree angle away from or towards so you don't have the classic exposed broadside showing?

Depends on if I have been spotted or not...I tend to head towards islands just to have an exit strategy in case while approaching/skirting caps at start...especially if in a DD to avoid the radar also.

• Cool 1

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,589 battles

Usually try to turn around in a safe area using island cover or a ship to spot torps for me, then reverse into the cap trying to angle at where torps are likely to come from.  Have your speed boost ready to pop if you need to drive away fast.  Never try to get greedy turning out to torp when capping or in a high risk torp area, that when all the torps will arrive.

Even this is not perfect, I still eat torps that come right at the worst time, like when I change directions and not as fast to help move.  The best you can do in this situation is eat it on the stern or bow to have it do reduced damage.

Members
604 posts
8,367 battles
On 6/7/2019 at 6:23 PM, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Most of the time those "Random torp" is not really random, watch out where is your team behind you. Those torps would be ment for your team and you are just in the way. Usually I like to set up at a different location to my team meaning if they go left of the cap, I plan to stay more towards to the right. Also, since I mostly play IJN DD, I like to have my rear facing the enemy, that helps me to accerlate away from danger and have most of my guns facing the enemy.

All my IJN DD from T7+ has 70% or more survival rate so far. So trust me on this. Try not to position yourself between your team and the enemy, you will take a lot less "random torp".

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,316 posts
13,240 battles

Don't stick around big ships, especially in front of them. They are torp magnets and you don't want to be in the paths of torps intended for them too much.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,781 posts
16,860 battles

All good advice. I'm currently out of +1's or you all would have one.

I've landed them and laughed. I've eat them and had my "stone the crows" moments. They don't happen often, (maybe twice a month) but last week i got nailed three separate occasions  twice same day and third time was a real "stone the crows" moment lol.

Sign in to follow this