You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gyphon_GF

Sinop... I just don't get you.

18 comments in this topic

Members
474 posts
20,191 battles

Going from the Izmail to the Sinop has been like a home dentistry kit.

Painful

The ship and the turrets turn horribly slow...

Give me some hints as I'm already regretting buying the thing and am ready to toss it in the corner never to be used again. 

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
819 posts
11,151 battles

last time I detonated a Buffalo with Sinop with only HE shells...

[RLGN]
Members
14,847 posts
26,372 battles

High tier problems...

Still just five games in Suvorov, and not looking to play any more after researching Gangut and eliting it.

Members
416 posts
7,637 battles

I absolutely loved the tier 5 and 6 Russian BB's even a BB tragic like myself could do well in those. The Sinop though? I wanted to scuttle her by the end of my first session with her. Each shell seems to do great damage when it hits... WHEN it hits... All I seemed to be doing all night was give the enemy sailors colds by wetting them with the spray from shells landing everywhere but on the damn ship. Eventually I got jack of her and gave in and free xp'd to the T8.. Which seems to do less damage per shell but at least I can hit things with it.... and yes I know it was probably more me than the ship being bad.. but I only have so many hairs left. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Members
3,791 posts
13,729 battles

I played it similarly to a secondary spec'd ship. But wont push as deep. (It can be dangerous to push too deep, if you have to retreat, you are going to expose the broadside). You need to be very map aware. Immediately if possible note where the enemy DDs/and HE spamming CLs go and note where they are going to setup shop.  It's a bow tanker for sure. Very weak sides (like all the RU BBs). You have to find a good position to setup crossfires, map dependent.

Even at max range, I was still citing things doing 20k salvos. In close, enemy ships just popped including DDs. But seeing 20k-40k salvos against cruisers/BBs, isnt too rare. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Cool 1

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

Sinop's horribly slow turret traverse is a balancing factor added after the supertest, and that should tell you 2 things. 1, definitely take expert marksmen, 2, rest of the ship is either good or ludicrous. 

Remember, like Izmail your deck armor is only 25mm thick, which means all cruiser HE and all battleship 15inch+ AP will go right through. This might not have been much of an issue for Izmail, since she meets less ships with big guns and can avoid cruisers' focus HE fire, but for Sinop getting caught early game and focused down is a real threat. Pay attention to the map positions, your spawn, the flank available to you, and plan your approach: how can you avoid unwanted attention and close the distance using the terrain as cover and concealment. That is not easy, not going to lie.

A simpler approach is to just stick to the edge of the map and keep all enemies on one flank, Sinop don't have the range to crossfire enemies across the map anyway. Don't be too intimidated because you have a weak deck, your overall armor is still better than Nagato and Colorado, as long as you don't show broadsides, Sinop can excuse a few mistakes until you achieve a breakthrough. Then Sinop is the most powerful battleship at tier VII at snowballing through the enemy team.

638954725_Overallresult.thumb.png.d899e401d566636e2c494ee20c9370db.png

Good luck!

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

been doing pretty well with RU BB.     started at t3, unlocked/elited gangut(on 2 loss lol)   but also got t5 via mission.     at ismail now and it can have great game  when you have lot of broadsiding BBs and chasing DDs.   :D    I have mine specc'd for AA    fun when you have game like this.  

ismail.png

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

I have a few games in the sinop here is the best advice i can give.

1. Just because you are a brawler doesnt mean lead the charge.
  2. Bow on to target is your best friend.
  3. Stop trying to get your rear guns on the same target your front guns are focusing.
  4. Space your shots, this actually helps to negate some of the wildness of the ships dispersions.
  5. Focus on cruisers
  6. If a cruiser is angled to you or away from you try to land your shots about mid hull or deck rather then trying to go for the bow citadel, tends to get more cits that way.
  • Cool 1

[APES]
Members
1,005 posts
6,589 battles

My very hated video. In a nutshell, Sinop is best suited for secondary build and bow tanking.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

Just got sinops.     stock hull.   my second match today.       I think it is fine.       accurate hard hitting gun and good enough armor.       

shot-19.06.12_16.37.45-0212.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
185 posts
3,359 battles

Like every ship one or two people will post some random battle with 200k damage and pretend it's a good ship. For what it's worth, I got 150k in an Emerald once.  That doesn't make it a good ship.  The question you ask yourself to see if a ship is good or not is this, "Are you worried when you see one on the other team?"  The answer is no. It can't hit the broad side of a barn, has a horrible reload and turret traverse and eats damage like crazy.  I love seeing Sinops on the other team because it's basically free damage without taking any in return.  You just laugh as they randomly fling shells around without ever hitting anything.  I have a Sinop as well.  I hate that ship.

Edited by WidochMeirker
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[UN1]
Members
1,280 posts
3,934 battles
15 hours ago, WidochMeirker said:

Like every ship one or two people will post some random battle with 200k damage and pretend it's a good ship. For what it's worth, I got 150k in an Emerald once.  That doesn't make it a good ship.  The question you ask yourself to see if a ship is good or not is this, "Are you worried when you see one on the other team?"  The answer is no. It can't hit the broad side of a barn, has a horrible reload and turret traverse and eats damage like crazy.  I love seeing Sinops on the other team because it's basically free damage without taking any in return.  You just laugh as they randomly fling shells around without ever hitting anything.  I have a Sinop as well.  I hate that ship.

I know not everyone clicks with every ship, but the Sinop is easily the best T7 tech tree battleship in the game. 

image.thumb.png.7bd2bf09cf5dfd19a87a0573522e3d5c.png

• Cool 2

Members
185 posts
3,359 battles

On 12/19/2019 at 11:38 AM, Ranari said:

I know not everyone clicks with every ship, but the Sinop is easily the best T7 tech tree battleship in the game. 

image.thumb.png.7bd2bf09cf5dfd19a87a0573522e3d5c.png

Or someone will find some spreadsheet to post and try to tell you it's a good ship.  But like I said, the real test is, do you fear it when it's on the other team? I don't and I enjoy playing against them.

[UN1]
Members
1,280 posts
3,934 battles
On 12/23/2019 at 5:09 AM, WidochMeirker said:

Or someone will find some spreadsheet to post and try to tell you it's a good ship.  But like I said, the real test is, do you fear it when it's on the other team? I don't and I enjoy playing against them.

Lol stop being dramatic.  Any ship is a turd with a poor captain in it.  The Sinop has great armor and punchy 16" shells which, mind you, overmatch everything at and below her tier, all while being difficult to overmatch due to her armor scheme.  Any bad captain will commit the cardinal sin and sail her broadside to her target, but a good captain will capitalize on those strengths. 

• Boring 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
835 posts

Going bow on is your best bet. But I would be careful of who you go bow on towards. Because she still has the standard 25 mm in the front which means. 15 inch or larger will have little difficulty in punching on through that. In case you don't know those are I'll list a few that you'll encounter in Sinop, that have 15 inch or larger guns:

Nelson, Queen Elizabeth, Vanguard, Bismarck, Gneisenau, Colorado, Musashi, Missouri, Iowa, Izumo Nagato, Amagi, Monarch (you can determine if it's dangerous or not), Warspite, Friedrich der grosse, Richeillu, Gascoigne, Alsace, Massachusetts, Alabama, North Carolina, Lion, Vladivostok, Sovetsky Soyuz (Project 23), West Virginia, Mutsu and another Sinop. 

Actually I think I just listed all that you would encounter in a Sinop, that have 15 inch or larger guns.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, Gyphon_GF said:

Painful

Give me some hints as I'm already regretting buying the thing and am ready to toss it in the corner never to be used again. 

I hope what said above helps you understand.

Edited by Starfleet1701
  • Cool 1

[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
18,982 battles
On 6/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, Gyphon_GF said:

Painful

You'll get the hang of her in time. Took out 2 Izmails in a random battle with my Sinop over the weekend as they made the mistake of sailing broadside. 1st one was dev. strike/first blood with one salvo/3 citadels with 44k damage. 2nd one was 2 citadels in 3 salvos with 50K damage. I learned real quick when I had the Izmail you don't sail broadside or even slightly angle to any BB. I like the Sinop but she's not OP that's for sure. If she's not fully upgraded you'll like her more when she is for sure. She's not my favorite T7 as that would be the HE slinging/fire breathing KGV.:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by dust340man
  • Cool 1