You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Viribus Unitis - Tier IV or V?

6 comments in this topic

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

I refuse to post this thread under German battleships for the obvious reason that this is a faux pas that needs to be rectified down the road as she was designed and built in Trieste, not in Germany, and flew the flag of the dual Monarchy. Not a German ship in any sense!

I've had her on my pre-dreadnought thread since the beginning (as I included a few collector's item dreadnoughts to the list, like her and the German battlecruiser Goeben). I originally guessed she would appear as a tier IV; and yet on the extended tech tree she is listed as a tier V, although put on the tier IV row.

So which is it, and when will she finally appear?

Here's the thread of mine, feel free to drop in and vote if you haven't:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
4,888 posts
6,590 battles

I think tier IV; considering the rework if placed at tier V she would suffer due to the lack of any worthwhile AA. Of course, WG could give her some insane pros to compensate for the lack of AA, but I think it more probable at tier IV nowadays.

Also don't worry about the nationality, it's just a placeholder. At the moment in PTS Friesland is on the Polish Nation as there is no Pan Eu Nation yet in the game.

• Cool 1

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Also don't worry about the nationality

I know, I'm just being a pest.

I think tier IV myself as well--her AA was worse than pathetic. I see her as a compact Giulio Cesare... on tier IV.

[POP]
Members
2,919 posts
23,620 battles
43 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I refuse to post this thread under German battleships for the obvious reason that this is a faux pas that needs to be rectified down the road as she was designed and built in Trieste, not in Germany, and flew the flag of the dual Monarchy. Not a German ship in any sense!

I've had her on my pre-dreadnought thread since the beginning (as I included a few collector's item dreadnoughts to the list, like her and the German battlecruiser Goeben). I originally guessed she would appear as a tier IV; and yet on the extended tech tree she is listed as a tier V, although put on the tier IV row.

So which is it, and when will she finally appear?

Here's the thread of mine, feel free to drop in and vote if you haven't:

Don't quote me on this but i read something on the DEV blog sometime back that the ship has in fact been moved up to tier 5, there was some concern from the community due to the CV rework and the lack of a decent AA suite on the ship.  

[SALVO]
Members
25,426 posts
27,339 battles

I sure hope that the Viribus Unitis is a Pan European ship.  Part of me wishes that she was tier 5, because so damned many missions have a minimum tier of 5, and I hate having tier 4 or lower ships that I feel are devalued by not being able to be used for daily missions and other missions.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,354 posts
19,459 battles

VU has been moved to T5, but was last seen in testing/dev blog updates since February, so I'm assuming she is final and WG wants to find a time to release her. It is also confirmed she will become a Pan EU ship and is only a German ship because the Pan EU tree doesn't exist yet. there have been rumors she will be released around Gamescom in August, and being T5 I suspect she will be a reward ship for an in-game event for whatever patch Gamescom occurs in.