You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EasternSun

Dive Bomber Nerf did nothing

62 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,229 battles

Sorry WG your "Nerf" for dive bombers did nothing. 

No amount of WASD hacking can stop this crap from taking over 50% of my HP in a DD. Just another reason that CV are Broken. Until these EZ mode Bombers are removed DD's are still going to get wrecked by this abomination.

shot-19_06.07_15_29.31-0757.thumb.jpg.8dacd0232a9a04f2ea898774aa46e3de.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 8

[WOLF1]
Members
5,923 posts
1 minute ago, JustAdapt said:

JuSt DoDgE

The DD kill I got last night in 3 attacks from the same squadron was the DD's fault.  He saw me, ignored me, continued on, straight course, allowed me to line up for 3 perfect rocket runs.  Dead DD.  No, I don't feel sorry.  

In contrast, in the same match, I think I hit another DD with one measly rocket on three runs, because he was maneuvering.  So, if you're taking that much damage in one attack, you're either unlucky, and yes, it happens, but people selectively remember things, or you're not even trying, knowing you can come in here and blame the CV for it.

• Cool 7
  • Meh 3

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

The DD kill I got last night in 3 attacks from the same squadron was the DD's fault.  He saw me, ignored me, continued on, straight course, allowed me to line up for 3 perfect rocket runs.  Dead DD.  No, I don't feel sorry.  

In contrast, in the same match, I think I hit another DD with one measly rocket on three runs, because he was maneuvering.  So, if you're taking that much damage in one attack, you're either unlucky, and yes, it happens, but people selectively remember things, or you're not even trying, knowing you can come in here and blame the CV for it.

Rockets =/= DBs.

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,229 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

Playing a Kiev your never sailing in one line as your constantly wiggling your AFT to not get shot. It didn't matter what direction I WASD the aim circle is still to small to not miss. 

• Meh 2

[WOLF1]
Members
5,923 posts
2 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Rockets =/= DBs.

I nailed a DD last night with bombs.  Took half his health in one run.  He wasn't maneuvering, looked right at me and ignored me.  Got a perfect fore/aft pass.

The other six DDs I tried in matches last night, I got maybe two chips out of it, because they didn't sit still to be bombed.  

Doesn't matter what I say, you guys will always blame someone else for being hit, sure that there's no possible way you should be damaged.  There's a word for that type of player.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

Funny been grinding up the OG today and had DB come at me a bunch. Not a single one hit. wonder why.....Oh right Cause i listen for the sound of them going up and then start to go 90 degrees to them. My suggestion is to cry less dodge more.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,229 battles
1 minute ago, The_Chiv said:

Funny been grinding up the OG today and had DB come at me a bunch. Not a single one hit. wonder why.....Oh right Cause i listen for the sound of them going up and then start to go 90 degrees to them. My suggestion is to cry less dodge more.

Oh why didn't I think of that. Oh wait? I did, thus my statement of WASD Hacking doing nothing.

• Meh 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,152 posts
14,738 battles
6 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Rockets =/= DBs.

Yeah but you have to use what you got and if you have either of your bombers and a DD becomes the priority target you attack anyway.

4 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

Playing a Kiev your never sailing in one line as your constantly wiggling your AFT to not get shot. It didn't matter what direction I WASD the aim circle is still to small to not miss. 

Zigzagging  is great to avoid getting shot but against bombers it opens up a window where they will have a perfect shot.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,923 posts
1 minute ago, EasternSun said:

Oh why didn't I think of that. Oh wait? I did, thus my statement of WASD Hacking doing nothing.

Don't waste your time, @The_Chiv, he's bound and determined that any CV scratching his boat, even if he sits there not moving, is the OP CV's fault.  

1,878 posts
11,515 battles
1 minute ago, EasternSun said:

I think you are failing to account for the human factor in this. how about some replay so we can all see your attempt then we can argue the merits of your post.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,923 posts
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Yeah but you have to use what you got and if you have either of your bombers and a DD becomes the priority target you attack anyway.

Zigzagging  is great to avoid getting shot but against bombers it opens up a window where they will have a perfect shot.

It's interesting that I actually have decent success with the Brit carrier bombers.  Visualize the path you want the 'carpet' to cover and bomb that path.  If you predict right, you'll get hits.  It's not quite as easy to visualize with the other DBs yet.

1,878 posts
11,515 battles
3 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Don't waste your time, @The_Chiv, he's bound and determined that any CV scratching his boat, even if he sits there not moving, is the OP CV's fault.  

LOL pls show me how you come to this conclusion and I shall show you about 20 post proving that conclusion false. I play cv's, dds, ca, and bbs. Oh you mean him. Yeah I know he is a toxic little one isnt he.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,923 posts
1 minute ago, The_Chiv said:

LOL pls show me how you come to this conclusion and I shall show you about 20 post proving that conclusion false. I play cv's, dds, ca, and bbs

You're misreading me.  My remark is about the person unhappy that he was wiggling and still got hit.  Put you in it, because he had addressed things to you complaining as well.  i.e. agreed with you.  

Reading is OP, I guess.

Edited by mavfin87

1,878 posts
11,515 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

You're misreading me.  My remark is about the person unhappy that he was wiggling and still got hit.

refresh caught it a bit late sorry :cap_cool:

[CRMSN]
6,009 posts
4,625 battles

Lets not forget that DB's no longer suffer penalties to the reticle while diving and maneuvering. So maneuvering vs DB's does nothing to mess with the reticle "tightness" 

1,878 posts
11,515 battles
Just now, Cobraclutch said:

Lets not forget that DB's no longer suffer penalties to the reticle while diving and maneuvering. So maneuvering vs DB's does nothing to mess with the reticle "tightness" 

The only good dd is the one converted into a reef.

• Cool 1

Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles

Mashing WASD keys doesn't necessarily mean you're dodging -correctly-.

It's possible you moved predictably, and the carrier simply compensated.

It's possible you dodged well, and RNGesus just frowned on you.

A single game stats with no video or replay isn't evidence of anything, other than the fact that DDs are still capable of being damaged by bombs.

• Cool 1

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,229 battles
Just now, The_Chiv said:

The only good dd is the one converted into a reef.

And you have the nerve to say someone was toxic. I want CV's to be balanced. Their roles as scouts improve the game but they should not be  a main damage class. Their damage should be from slow moving ships. Not a class that has less than 20k HP.

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,718 posts
9,292 battles
3 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

WASD is not what you want to do.

What you want to do is A or D at the right moment.

Zigzagging works against ships because they fire unguided shells with a relatively long travel time. DBs are guided shells with short travel times.

You're doing a Thach weave. Works great against a Zero trying to predict where you'll be when his bullets arrive, not so well against an F-15 using an AMRAAM....

[WOLF1]
Members
5,923 posts
7 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Still, bombing DDs is all about predicting where he'll be when it's time to drop, within the small range the drop can 'move', which isn't very big.

If you predict right, and RNG favors you, he's going to get hurt.  If you predict wrong, wasted drop.  In ANY drop, if RNGesus says 'no', wasted drop.

Of course, if the DD doesn't really move the axis of his ship while I"m trying to drop, that makes it a lot easier.

Edited by mavfin87

1,878 posts
11,515 battles
3 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

And you have the nerve to say someone was toxic. I want CV's to be balanced. Their roles as scouts improve the game but they should not be  a main damage class. Their damage should be from slow moving ships. Not a class that has less than 20k HP.

its called a joke sir.  Tell you what how about we take dd torps and scale them to cv torps will that make you feel better?

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,718 posts
9,292 battles
7 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Exactly. So you have to give him the worst angle at the last moment.

You're no longer trying to beat the reticle size, but the drop pattern.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,923 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

Exactly. So you have to give him the worst angle at the last moment.

You're no longer trying to beat the reticle size, but the drop pattern.

Yeah, it's like outfoxing that Slammer.  You don't do it 3 miles out.  You do it at the last moment, so the missile can't follow you.  Do it too far out, it'll just adjust.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,803 posts
16,952 battles

If you have them, the USN DD's have a really good AA suite, especially for destroyers. They also have long lasting smoke. I carry extra consumables plus AA defensive fire. If your not so close to have sonar or hydro-acoustic used against you. Sitting in long lasting smoke while peppering and shooting down planes the longer they circle above you. They will leave you in search of easier prey. Unless they are forced to focus on you.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,923 posts
2 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

If you have them, the USN DD's have a really good AA suite, especially for destroyers. They also have long lasting smoke. I carry extra consumables plus AA defensive fire. If your not so close to have sonar or hydro-acoustic used against you. Sitting in long lasting smoke while peppering and shooting down planes the longer they circle above you. They will leave you in search of easier prey. Unless they are forced to focus on you.

Countering planes is all about not being low-hanging fruit.  Your tactic is a good way to get a CV to pick another target.  If he sticks around, that's probably good for your team, because the CV isn't watching them, just you.

Just like BBs staying in straight lines invite torpedoes from DDs, DDs running in straight lines invite rockets and bombs from CVs.