Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramagar_RoK

Bots infecting ranked

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

315
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
429 posts

4 games now where a ranked game rental ship is AFK.  This has to be a script these botters are using to get through ranked doing nothing.  Getting old.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,672 battles

Please inform us what proof you have that said player was indeed a bot and not afk for a variety of reason.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,973 battles
5 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

4 games now where a ranked game rental ship is AFK.  This has to be a script these botters are using to get through ranked doing nothing.  Getting old.

 

 

what was the level of commander you were running on those ships?

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,672 battles
6 minutes ago, kingsbishop_7 said:

what was the level of commander you were running on those ships?

 

What the eff does his commander rank have to do with another player being AFK?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,973 battles
3 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

What the eff does his commander rank have to do with another player being AFK?

 

 

 

Some of us have notice a trend in the Game Balancing mechanism, in theory  is would be  good way of influencing a game "Slow loading" is another. I suggest you review my post on

"Rank Battle Issues – No One Wants to Talk About" and/or "Analysis of the Botz Encountered in Random Battles" or you can throw away critical thinking and just start throwing tinfoil at folks.

"

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,350
[ARGSY]
Members
21,562 posts
15,643 battles
23 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

4 games now where a ranked game rental ship is AFK.  This has to be a script these botters are using to get through ranked doing nothing.  Getting old.

 

 

AFK requires no script; it just requires you to walk away from your keyboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,973 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

AFK requires no script; it just requires you to walk away from your keyboard.

thats also an options but what the probability of 4 time in a row for this guy...

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,672 battles
1 minute ago, kingsbishop_7 said:

 

Some of us have notice a trend in the Game Balancing mechanism, in theory  is would be  good way of influencing a game "Slow loading" is another. I suggest you review my post on

"Rank Battle Issues – No One Wants to Talk About" and/or "Analysis of the Botz Encountered in Random Battles" or you can throw away critical thinking and just start throwing tinfoil at folks.

"

Lets see some proof mate or yer just gonna get another big ball of tinfoil to wear. Show us some numbers, hard data, links.. Any shred of evidence that you dont have.

 

They say a good players skill can be indistinguishable from hacking... What do they say about a bad players skill? Are they indistinguishable from bots?

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,119
[TDRB]
Members
5,148 posts
13,741 battles
25 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

4 games now where a ranked game rental ship is AFK.  This has to be a script these botters are using to get through ranked doing nothing.  Getting old.

With the evidence you supplied it appears your accusation is baseless.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,672 battles
1 minute ago, kingsbishop_7 said:

thats also an options but what the probability of 4 time in a row for this guy...

From a math standpoint I would say pretty probable.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,350
[ARGSY]
Members
21,562 posts
15,643 battles
Just now, kingsbishop_7 said:

thats also an options but what the probability of 4 time in a row for this guy...

That's irrelevant. What we're discussing here is whether scripted bots are involved, not the odds of getting an AFK in every battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,973 battles
1 minute ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Lets see some proof mate or yer just gonna get another big ball of tinfoil to wear. Show us some numbers, hard data, links.. Any shred of evidence that you dont have.

 

They say a good players skill can be indistinguishable from hacking... What do they say about a bad players skill? Are they indistinguishable from bots?

i never said that "hey say a good players skill can be indistinguishable from hacking". I just spoke about how to counter those issues.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,973 battles
7 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

From a math standpoint I would say pretty probable.

I would say you never studied Probability In College.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,672 battles
8 minutes ago, kingsbishop_7 said:

i never said that "hey say a good players skill can be indistinguishable from hacking". I just spoke about how to counter those issues.

I did not say you said that. It was a jab at... Nevermind. It will just be lost on you anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,672 battles
3 minutes ago, kingsbishop_7 said:

I would say you never studied Probability In College.

You could -say- many things. That does not mean they are true.

What I posted was also a question.. Not a statement about you, or to you.

 

They say a good players skill can be indistinguishable from hacking... What do they say about a bad players skill? Are they indistinguishable from bots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Easy solution:  Unless you get X amount of XP, you can not get a star.  Most bots and afk users won't get more than, say 300 XP, so just set the bar around that and be done with it.

2 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

They say a good players skill can be indistinguishable from hacking... What do they say about a bad players skill? Are they indistinguishable from bots?

WG bots at least usually have a plan and will fire on actual targets.  When I see obvious bots, they typically are firing off into the ocean somewhere.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,973 battles
7 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Easy solution:  Unless you get X amount of XP, you can not get a star.  Most bots and afk users won't get more than, say 300 XP, so just set the bar around that and be done with it.

we had a guy in our clan that had 2.5k battle at one point in time and like 5k in co-op battles. Who in there right mine would play Co-Op 24/7. He appeared to be on 24 hours a day. He was the leading producer of oil for our clan at the time. From all appearances he was farming. That was before WoWs nerfed the XPs rewarded for poor performance and the AKF reporting. Not sure he is in our clan now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,314
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
23,141 battles

@Ramagar_RoK Did you report them in a support ticket with replay for rigging/throwing the battle? If not posting here about it accomplishing nothing.

Always report suspected cheating in a support ticket and let WG sort it out. If WG finds the AFK was unintentional no harm no foul. If it was then great the offender gets penalized more than the pink unsporting conduct warning.

If you don't report them then you are as much a part of the problem as they are.

Also pay no attention to the pooh poohers snarky replies. If you just report it and say nothing here they cant be snarky to you.

Yes I practice what I preach and report in a ticket every suspected rules violation.

@kingsbishop_7 Did you report that clan member?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,501
[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

The really sad part is, that WG could easily solve this issue, by not giving a star to a 0 point player....

It would be an easy fix, but I guess they are to busy trolling with CV's still....:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,973 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Ramagar_RoK Did you report them in a support ticket with replay for rigging/throwing the battle? If not posting here about it accomplishing nothing.

Always report suspected cheating in a support ticket and let WG sort it out. If WG finds the AFK was unintentional no harm no foul. If it was then great the offender gets penalized more than the pink unsporting conduct warning.

If you don't report them then you are as much a part of the problem as they are.

Also pay no attention to the pooh poohers snarky replies. If you just report it and say nothing here they cant be snarky to you.

Yes I practice what I preach and report in a ticket every suspected rules violation.

@kingsbishop_7 Did you report that clan member?

In reporting you only get so many Reports as your Karma allows.

Did I report a clan member, no i would be accused  of wearing  a Tinfoil Tat or have proof demand for my theory. Just not worth the hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[115TH]
[115TH]
Members
73 posts
14,973 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The really sad part is, that WG could easily solve this issue, by not giving a star to a 0 point player....

It would be an easy fix, but I guess they are to busy trolling with CV's still....:Smile_teethhappy:

If say there objective is coin at level 12 which is irrevocable, lots nefarious stuff could be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,212
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,101 posts
14,728 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The really sad part is, that WG could easily solve this issue, by not giving a star to a 0 point player....

It would be an easy fix, but I guess they are to busy trolling with CV's still....:Smile_teethhappy:

The problem there is what about the poor slob that goes down early to a lucky dev strike before they have traveled far enough to not be inactive. Also most AFK's are probably not intentional, it is easy enough to get back if you are able to simply restart the client but if you have to do a hard restart you sometimes come back to the port screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
429 posts

I didn't say 4 in a row.  It's not just MY team that has it this has been complained by the other side as well.  Yes, I sent a report in and flagged in game AFK.  I've seen FAR less AFK in random..and I've played a TON more random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[DFNT]
Members
189 posts
5,038 battles
3 minutes ago, kingsbishop_7 said:

In reporting you only get so many Reports as your Karma allows.

Did I report a clan member, no i would be accused  of wearing  a Tinfoil Tat or have proof demand for my theory. Just not worth the hassle.

Sending in a ticket to WG support doesn't count against your Karma. And you can include the replay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,012
Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

I have a replay of a GK sailing straight down middle towards our team and i dont think he fired one shot. This was rank 1-5. For once i had a thought he might be a bot. Just dont see play like that at rank 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×