You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jester_of_War

I missed the Steel Monsters Campaign

19 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,550 battles

I was just looking through old news on the Warships web site and saw this campaign I missed out on.

Does anyone -- players or WG staff -- know if the Steel Monsters Campaign will make a come back at some point?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/steel-monsters-campaign/

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

If they could bring back the US Navy and Sharks event, I'd love it :(  Terrible time to take a break lol.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,526 posts
15,632 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

If they could bring back the US Navy and Sharks event, I'd love it :(  Terrible time to take a break lol.

We are at the tail end of the Russian version right now, LOL.

Too late I realised that the Worcester and Des Moines were not as far out of reach as I had supposed. Should I have got a camo instead of blowing all those tokens on crates for coal? Maybe. Would I do better today? You bet I would. Do I deserve another shot at it? No.

Did I milk the Russian version for everything that I could conceivably find value in? Oh yes.

Would I like to see the return of a campaign that effectively allowed players to buy steel? Just let me buy some popcorn futures and fire up the forums, and then let's have at it, boys and girls. :Smile_trollface:

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

While these campaigns may happen from time to time our intent is to keep Steel a more scarce resource as a reward for significant efforts in Ranked/Clan Battles.  We'll definitely make some noise in the future if they happen!

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
19,974 posts
12,663 battles
3 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

I was just looking through old news on the Warships web site and saw this campaign I missed out on.

Does anyone -- players or WG staff -- know if the Steel Monsters Campaign will make a come back at some point?

WG said that it would not be a common event. So that leaves a lot open to interpretation. 

As a guess, I would not expect something like Steel Monsters to come back until at least Christmas. It *may* be longer, who knows. There was a lot of salt about selling steel, but with all the angst over the CVs, that seems small potatoes now.

Edited by Kizarvexis
ninja'd

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,024 posts
17,079 battles
3 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

It was great!... I would think that it is likely we will see it again at Christmas. Or something like it.

[UEFN]
Members
1,346 posts
23,689 battles

the steel campaign spawn a lot of Stalingrad for sure!  lol

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
23 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

While these campaigns may happen from time to time our intent is to keep Steel a more scarce resource as a reward for significant efforts in Ranked/Clan Battles.  We'll definitely make some noise in the future if they happen!

I was off serving my country when the Military Month Contributor flag was available. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Any chance people like us could have another crack at that? Thanks.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,990 posts
25,841 battles
40 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

I was off serving my country when the Military Month Contributor flag was available. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Any chance people like us could have another crack at that? Thanks.

WG has so much as stated that the MMC flag was a mistake.  But WG has overturned previous policies before.  I give the odds

Spoiler

Image result for snowball in hell meme

(Global climate change notwithstanding)

• Cool 1

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

56 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

WG has so much as stated that the MMC flag was a mistake.  But WG has overturned previous policies before.  I give the odds

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for snowball in hell meme

(Global climate change notwithstanding)

There was quite a bit of Drama over the whole MMC thing, mostly about Veterans who couldn't partake in it. The idea of making a special veteran flag was tossed around quite a bit, but I think WG decided they didn't want to deal with stolen valor over a virtual item.

As for steel monsters, I don't think it will be back but there might be another event like it.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

[SPTR]
Members
27,184 posts
16,907 battles

Remember guys when taking break remember to keep track of the news related to the game 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,123 posts
24,479 battles
5 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I would be surprised if they didn't sell it again at Christmas.

I'm betting that's what's going to happen.

I'm also betting WG is going to raise the cost of Steel for newer Steel Ships from here on out.

It's already happening with FreeXP Ships (750k Missouri, 1 million for Alaska a new FreeXP ship), and Neustrashimy which is a new 20k Steel DD compared to same tier Black, an older Tier IX Steel DD that costed 14k.

X Stalingrad is a "Cruiser" that costs about 28k Steel.

X Bourgogne is a Battleship that costs about 30k Steel.

Want to guess what the next Tier X Steel Cruisers and Battleships will cost? :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SALVO]
Members
25,426 posts
27,339 battles
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:34 PM, Radar_X said:

Radar, while I can understand (sorta) the logic behind this, the truth for me is that I rather dislike Ranked play.  It's too damned grindy.  I hate that it gets stuck at tier 10 when you're just getting out of tier 10 clan battles.  It's soooo damned boring to be stuck at the same tier for many dozens and dozens, if not a hundred or more battles, all at the same tier.  And having to deal with the, sorry to say, idiots who could screw up a free lunch.    At least in CBs, you play as a clan, as a unit, and you win or lose as a unit.  

But on top of this, you guys at WG are going out of your way to get as many newbies into Ranked as possible, irrespective of the fact that this is going to make things that much more miserable for veteran players.  And I'm not sure if it's more frustrating for the elite players or for the average to slightly above average veteran players like myself.  I'd like to think that maybe it's more frustrating for players like me who don't have the talent to carry a team of total newbie scrubs on our backs to victory.  And I don't have the patience to put up with this sort of frustration, and it limits my ability to earn steel.

Ranked should be more fun than this.  And a big part of me wishes that loyalty was also something that was valued when it came to the ability to earn Steel.

[SALVO]
Members
25,426 posts
27,339 battles
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'm betting that's what's going to happen.

I'm also betting WG is going to raise the cost of Steel for newer Steel Ships from here on out.

It's already happening with FreeXP Ships (750k Missouri, 1 million for Alaska a new FreeXP ship), and Neustrashimy which is a new 20k Steel DD compared to same tier Black, an older Tier IX Steel DD that costed 14k.

X Stalingrad is a "Cruiser" that costs about 28k Steel.

X Bourgogne is a Battleship that costs about 30k Steel.

Want to guess what the next Tier X Steel Cruisers and Battleships will cost? :Smile_trollface:

Honestly, Haze, I don't know what's driving WG to want to drive players into Ranked and Clan Battles.  Is it strictly that they want to leave them both at tier 10, and then use steel as an incentive to get players to pay real money to get to tier 10 faster to try to earn those steel ships?  If so, it's not working with me.  I've proven that I'm more than willing to buy LOTS of premium ships and premium time and so forth, and most likely will continue to do so.  But I have no intention of paying real money to convert XP to FXP in the foreseeable future, just to skip to tier 10, even for a new line's tier 10.

[SFBG]
Members
91 posts
16,618 battles

Well they made it harder for you to get steel as they put in ranked battles rentals who's players can't play their ships or you get them all on your side … what happens is you lose rank and stars faster then a hole in your pocket full of change. So, you want steel then you going to have to wait for something where you can earn it without depending on rentals to help you win. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,983 posts
10,384 battles
3 minutes ago, Shadow577 said:

Well they made it harder for you to get steel as they put in ranked battles rentals who's players can't play their ships or you get them all on your side … what happens is you lose rank and stars faster then a hole in your pocket full of change. So, you want steel then you going to have to wait for something where you can earn it without depending on rentals to help you win. 

Except you are just as likely to get those players on your team as the red team, meaning that, statistically, it’s a wash.

Meanwhile, there is one variable that is constant in every ranked battle you play...

Edited by Nevermore135

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,208 posts
23,527 battles
8 hours ago, Crucis said:

I've proven that I'm more than willing to buy LOTS of premium ships and premium time and so forth, and most likely will continue to do so.  But I have no intention of paying real money to convert XP to FXP in the foreseeable future, just to skip to tier 10, even for a new line's tier 10.

I think Wargaming is hesitant to "sell" steel even though the Monsters Campaign and Snowflakes events went over big with the player base. Personally I don't have a dog in this fight since there are no steel ships I am even remotely interested in getting. I grab the easy steel when I can so I can covert it to coal if needed or just to hang on to in case something interesting comes along..  For some reason the Welfare Warriors and Elite players have a problem with the common player getting their hands on their "Preciouses". They seem to think steel ships confer to them some sort of honor or glory from other players. Maybe envy, dunno but it is all in their heads. I have never once considered how someone got their Flint or Black and don't care. Wallet Warriors are seen as somehow unclean vermin that are just contaminating the pureness of the game and ruining it.... It is all quite silly and juvenile. What I do think is Wargaming will find a way to monetize steel much like they did with Steel Monsters. It really was popular amongst the competitive players who had a chance to farm more steel and scrubs like me who rarely compete. There were only a few chirps from the purists who felt that it was blasphemy but they were really in the smallest of minorities with that opinion. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1